G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Claims adjuster help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Claims adjuster help!

Hello all,
I lost my G in an accident on October 11. Currently it's sitting in my drive way. My claims adjuster is trying to offer me a "fair" price of 10,000$ for vehicle as I still owe 3500$ to lien holder I'm only getting back roughly 6,000$. Now I've looked up my kbb value and few other sources and they say my car is worth around a lil over 12,000$. They also base it off of your location and around me this car with higher mileage and worse condition is worth around 14,000$ easily.
So has anyone dealt with this before and can tell me if I can really negotiate about the price? I did contact the adjuster and told him I didn't think it was a fair price but he kept saying that it was and had to do "more research"
2006 g35 coupe OB A/T 114,500 miles. Locations: 78374 Texas

Old 11-03-2014, 12:19 PM
Claims adjuster help! Pls

Hello all,
I lost my G in an accident on October 11. Currently it's sitting in my drive way. My claims adjuster is trying to offer me a "fair" price of 10,000$ for vehicle as I still owe 3500$ to lien holder I'm only getting back roughly 6,000$. Now I've looked up my kbb value and few other sources and they say my car is worth around a lil over 12,000$. They also base it off of your location and around me this car with higher mileage and worse condition is worth around 14,000$ easily.
So has anyone dealt with this before and can tell me if I can really negotiate about the price? I did contact the adjuster and told him I didn't think it was a fair price but he kept saying that it was and had to do "more research"
2006 g35 coupe OB A/T 114,500 miles. Locations: 78374 Texas

Old 11-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Yes the price is negotiable, when i lost one of my cars I owed 8,000 on it, the insurance company offered me 7,000. I complained and told them "I lost my car, and you want to stick me with a bill for it when I have insurance that is supposed to protect me?" ( i did not have GAP insurance ) They gave me an extra thousand to pay it off, so the price can change depending on what they think its worth. Its his job to give you as little money possible to make you happy while saving them money. Tell him you know the value of the car and if he can send you listings for similar cars for the price he is offering you so you can see examples of where he is getting this number. You could also tell him you are educated on these cars and know their value and would be more than happy to send him examples of the same car same mileage same features that are going for more money. Good luck.

Old 11-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Thanks Robert- yea i told him I did the research too but all he had to say was gieco already did a search for him and they don't pay the high or the low but the average. Then he proceeded to say he was going to do "research" and it could take a few days. I know he is pissed off lol I've been making him wait since the 11th for the car. I'll try uploading some pics of the documents of the research they did he just sent me for the value

Old 11-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
You need to check the cost of replacing your car with the similar year, mileage and equipment. That would be your best argument point! With the high mileage of your car I doubt you'll see much more from your insurance company.
Gary

Old 11-03-2014, 01:04 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
You are going to have to search Ebay and find "complete" auctions of identical cars in similar condition and miles in your area and submit as proof.

Finding ones with asking prices won't be of help, you need to prove that these vehicles in similar condition are selling for the higher prices you are seeking.

It's a little bit of work to do, but showing the adjuster this may help net you a higher value. This is the research the adjuster would do, only he's perhaps a little less motivated to do it than you would be in this case.

Old 11-03-2014, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the info! Yea I'm sure I'm going to have to get into more with the research which sucks but hey if it gets me more value for the car them why not

Old 11-03-2014, 02:37 PM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
Everything negotiable with those bastards. You just have to press for it firmly.

Ask him to provide you with the evidence he used to come up with price of your car and dispute those evidence with your own.

Keep in mind though. Adjuster that pays out big claims is a bad employee for the company, so it is in their interest to pay as little as possible.

Old 11-13-2014, 01:12 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I used to be an Auto Adjuster. Its definitely negotiable to a certain extent. We used a system called Audatex which would compile the most recent selling costs for the same or closest make/model/year. This would give us a range and a suggested Fair Retail Value amount.

Find any repair and maintenance receipts you have and try to use them as leverage to prove that your car was in prestine condition before the accident. Certain colours and transmissions are also rare - you can use this too. I know I paid about $1,500 more than I should have 3 years ago because I wanted 6-speed and IP.

At the end of the day, don't get greedy and don't be arsehole. Most adjusters spend a good portion of their day arguing about **** like this and are ready to go to war over it. What you are trying to do be-friend them and politely inform them that your research proves that theirs might be wrong.

I wouldn't aim for any more than 15-20% more than whatever they have already offered.

Let us know how things pan out.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:46 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 347 Likes on 246 Posts
Originally Posted by Ejoe19
I used to be an Auto Adjuster. Its definitely negotiable to a certain extent. We used a system called Audatex which would compile the most recent selling costs for the same or closest make/model/year. This would give us a range and a suggested Fair Retail Value amount.

Find any repair and maintenance receipts you have and try to use them as leverage to prove that your car was in prestine condition before the accident. Certain colours and transmissions are also rare - you can use this too. I know I paid about $1,500 more than I should have 3 years ago because I wanted 6-speed and IP.

At the end of the day, don't get greedy and don't be arsehole. Most adjusters spend a good portion of their day arguing about **** like this and are ready to go to war over it. What you are trying to do be-friend them and politely inform them that your research proves that theirs might be wrong.

I wouldn't aim for any more than 15-20% more than whatever they have already offered.

Let us know how things pan out.
Were you the final decision on the claim, or after your findings and suggested settlement amount claim moves on to a higher department where decision is made?

Old 11-13-2014, 12:43 PM
Yea after a few days of talking to adjuster I got 900$ more for the car so I'm happy now. Just received my check yesterday now about to upgrade to either a g37x or a 370z talk about decisions!

Old 11-15-2014, 01:37 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by JOKER
Were you the final decision on the claim, or after your findings and suggested settlement amount claim moves on to a higher department where decision is made?
As long as it fell within the "range" the adjuster could make the offer final. Anything outside of the range required a manager's sign off and very valid reasons why the car would be worth more. 99% of claims were settled within the "range" provided by Audatex.

Alot of insurance companies in Canada stop payment for your rental car 3 days after the INITIAL offer is made... so alot of people who want to hold out end up giving up on their dream of striking it rich.