G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Aiming Headlights 2005 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 12:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Aiming Headlights 2005 Coupe

Hey guys i noticed today when i was washing the car in a spray bay that the right headlight was aimed noticeably lower than the drivers side. I have had people mention this to me when driving in front of me and i thought they had just lost their mind but apparently not.

How would i go about adjusting these. i know there is probably a screw or something that i would need to adjust like i had done on a previous vehicle, but i dont just want to get under there and start looking for screws to turn.

Thanks in advance and Happy Thanksgiving

Old 11-27-2014, 01:48 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
The drivers side headlight is supposed to be lower so you're not blinding on coming traffic! There is no sticky on adjusting headlights and I don't know of a shop that does that job specifically. Call your local Nissan dealership and ask them what they'd charge to check your headlights, then you'll know it was done right...Gary

Old 12-01-2014, 09:21 PM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
There is an adjustment screw on the low beams that you can adjust.

Look in your owners manual (if you have one). If not, the adjustment ****/screw is located on a hole above the headlight. Open the hood, and locate the hole above the headlight.

Just a warning, it is not very easy to adjust, at least for mine. Maybe yours is easier, but if not go to the dealer and have them adjust it correctly for you.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
i can understand that the drivers side would be a little lower, but my passenger side is the lower one. so that kind of doesnt make sense...

if its not something that can be done easily i may not mess with it, it just bothers me when pulling into my driveway and not having the beam go evenly across the garage door.

and i avoid the stealerships at all cost. they would probably tell me i need an entire new front end and an engine swap. ;(

Old 12-03-2014, 08:30 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
dude its easy . have u ever used a screw driver? its that simple. the hard part is having a place to do the aiming. google how to aim projectors. jus focus on the up and down part.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
dude its easy . have u ever used a screw driver? its that simple. the hard part is having a place to do the aiming. google how to aim projectors. jus focus on the up and down part.
Its not always easy; it depends on the car or headlights that you have (I have aftermarket lights).

When I did it, I parked my car in my driveway facing the garage with the garage door closed. that way I was able to see the light pattern very easily and can also adjust the distance of the car to the garage door as needed. Turning the headlight adjustment screw was a pain and didn't seem to adjust the beam very much.

Maybe if you have a factory headlight it could be easier to adjust, but my aftermarket headlights would hardly adjust even though I turned the adjustment screw a few times.