G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Please help !!!

Old 12-31-2014, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Please help !!!

ok so I have a 2005 Infiniti G35 on my way to work my service engine soon light came on, it has done this in the past and it turned up only being a loose gas cap. So I filled up my car, I was needing gas anyways and made sure to tighten my gas cap hoping it would turn off shortly. Well it also needed a oil change so I went and had my oil change done aswell, when I got my car back not only was my service engine soon light still on but now my VDC OFF light was on and my Slip light was on. I have checked my break fluid and it is all good and I made sure they did put oil back in my car and they did..... what else can it be I recently had my breaks changed within the past 5,000 miles also when i got my car back it sounded weird when i started and and the rmp studder now when im accelerating from like 1st - 2nd gear

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Old 12-31-2014, 04:01 PM
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by jward1919
ok so I have a 2005 Infiniti G35 on my way to work my service engine soon light came on, it has done this in the past and it turned up only being a loose gas cap. So I filled up my car, I was needing gas anyways and made sure to tighten my gas cap hoping it would turn off shortly. Well it also needed a oil change so I went and had my oil change done aswell, when I got my car back not only was my service engine soon light still on but now my VDC OFF light was on and my Slip light was on. I have checked my break fluid and it is all good and I made sure they did put oil back in my car and they did..... what else can it be I recently had my breaks changed within the past 5,000 miles also when i got my car back it sounded weird when i started and and the rmp studder now when im accelerating from like 1st - 2nd gear

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
We need the service code to know what its crying about. You can do this manually or take it to any car parts store & have them plug in their ob2 code reader and tell you instantly. "autozone, oreillys etc"

Without the code its shooting in the dark.

The following users liked this post:
jward1919 (12-31-2014)
Old 12-31-2014, 04:09 PM
I tried 2 different Auto zones and they said to come back tomorrow bc it would not connect to the satellite so i guess ill just keep trying to find somewhere to read it, thank you though !!

Old 12-31-2014, 04:43 PM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
connect to the satellite
Lmao. Wow.

I got tired of driving around to get my codes tested I picked up a cheap code reader Autel MaxiScan MS300 under $20 bucks a while ago, can't go wrong. Although now I'd probably try a new reader which can communicate with a smart phone.

jward1919 (12-31-2014)
Old 12-31-2014, 04:45 PM
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
I tried 2 different Auto zones and they said to come back tomorrow bc it would not connect to the satellite so i guess ill just keep trying to find somewhere to read it, thank you though !!
If you have some patience I would search youtube for how to read your engine code. Basically there is a pedal/key sequence you can do in order to get the code to be displayed in blinks & you can go from there. I am sure its on this site as well somewhere but ive always just pulled the video up on youtube. Its kind of a pita as its a time sequence so i have always just ran down to oreilly's to have them scan it, but its an option as well.

Once you have the code let us know & we can tell you the most common cause of such & go from there.

PS: I'm confused by the satellite reference, i feel like maybe you had the autozone C shift working that day. Perhaps try oreillys or an advanced auto parts store.

jward1919 (12-31-2014)
Old 12-31-2014, 06:01 PM
Ok so after about 6 different autozones and O Reilly's I found a autozone who gave me some codes with a crap load of stuff that minus well be in a different language to me lol code 1. P0102 ( MAF sensor circuit low input) 2. P0113 (sensor circuit low) 3. P0021 (intake valve timing (IVT) control performance bank 2) 4. P0011 (intake valve timing (IVT) control preformance bank 1 ) ..... Under each of theses codes were about 4 other things it could be but they said those were the probable causes also on my way home my car would not go over 60 mph 2.5 RPGs with out it shuddering really bad and not allowing me to step on it

Thanks again for all y'all's help

Old 12-31-2014, 06:43 PM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
Ok so after about 6 different autozones and O Reilly's I found a autozone who gave me some codes with a crap load of stuff that minus well be in a different language to me lol code 1. P0102 ( MAF sensor circuit low input) 2. P0113 (sensor circuit low) 3. P0021 (intake valve timing (IVT) control performance bank 2) 4. P0011 (intake valve timing (IVT) control preformance bank 1 ) ..... Under each of theses codes were about 4 other things it could be but they said those were the probable causes also on my way home my car would not go over 60 mph 2.5 RPGs with out it shuddering really bad and not allowing me to step on it

Thanks again for all y'all's help
The MAF sensor codes (P0102/P0113) jumps out at me. I'd try buying some MAF cleaner and start with that and check for intake leaks. If your MAF is bad it causes all kinds of problems and it's about 300 dollars to replace. I have a brand new one I can get rid of for a lot less if you end up needing one. Do you have a tool that can read live data?

Check your oil level for P0011 and P0021, plus it could also be the cam or crankshaft sensors.

jward1919 (12-31-2014)
Old 12-31-2014, 07:14 PM
!!!!!!!!!False alarm!!!!!! I may have Jumped the gun just a bit in the words of my bf I over reacted lol like I said earlier this all started after I had my oil changed, well once I got home with a hand full of codes my boy friend said to ck a few thing before he got home and it ended up beinging one of them (the mass air sensor was unplugged) he's a ford guy and has never worked on anything else so I didn't really think he was going to be able to fix it with out some direction little did I know vehicle 101 would do me some good

Thank you all for being soo helpful I hope to keep leaning more and more about my car so that one day I too could give advice

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.