Need help on what to get next!

Old 01-19-2015, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help on what to get next!

Ok guys i have a 2004 AT coupe and here's what I bought:

1. Motordyne 5/16 spacer
2. JWT pop charger w/ stillen z-tube
3. Motiv Concepts test pipes w/ stock exhaust

I know i'll have a little speed but someone Please tell me what else would I need to get to get that deep growl at idle and while driving without having to do FI.

Last edited by Antoine; 01-19-2015 at 11:40 PM.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:38 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by Antoine
Ok guys i have a 2004 AT coupe and here's what I bought: 1. Motordyne 5/16 spacer 2. JWT pop charger w/ stillen z-tube 3. Motiv Concepts test pipes w/ sto I know i'll have a little speed but someone Please tell me what else would I need to get to get that deep growl at idle and while driving without having to do FI.
an exhaust might help.......

Old 01-19-2015, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
an exhaust might help.......
Do you think exhaust and cams would do it?

Old 01-20-2015, 12:47 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
You really can't get a "deep" sound easily from these cars. Lower compression pistons or aggressive cams matched with the right intake/exhaust combo might do it. But, thats a lot of money for just sound. Even then it will never have that American V8 sound if thats what you're looking for. If you haven't done so already go through the stickied thread in the exhaust section.

Old 01-20-2015, 01:02 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Feed yer car some Del taco, bro. Ffffttttttttttppppppp

Old 01-20-2015, 04:53 AM
Originally Posted by herrschaft
You really can't get a "deep" sound easily from these cars. Lower compression pistons or aggressive cams matched with the right intake/exhaust combo might do it. But, thats a lot of money for just sound. Even then it will never have that American V8 sound if thats what you're looking for. If you haven't done so already go through the stickied thread in the exhaust section.
Yeah I guess i will look into the full exhaust system

Old 01-20-2015, 05:10 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Is there a specific car that you heard that you're going for? I mean maybe search some videos of exhausts on Gs on YouTube. If you're looking to make it sound like a V8, that's unrealistic. V8s have 2 more cylindars and at least 1.5litres worth of extra exhaust air pushing over the baffles of your exhaust. That's a lot of energy. We may be able to help you if you can find a Gs sound that you like.

You're right on track on the intake side, and have a good start with the exhaust side. I'm not sure (personally) which exhaust goes best with your test pipes, but motordyne, hks or invidia seem to be the general consensus.

Old 01-20-2015, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
Is there a specific car that you heard that you're going for? I mean maybe search some videos of exhausts on Gs on YouTube. If you're looking to make it sound like a V8, that's unrealistic. V8s have 2 more cylindars and at least 1.5litres worth of extra exhaust air pushing over the baffles of your exhaust. That's a lot of energy. We may be able to help you if you can find a Gs sound that you like.

You're right on track on the intake side, and have a good start with the exhaust side. I'm not sure (personally) which exhaust goes best with your test pipes, but motordyne, hks or invidia seem to be the general consensus.
I like this sound but i dont want to sound like a ricer either http://youtu.be/dtbMXhCsYUw

Old 01-21-2015, 11:17 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That's going to be very expensive just to get the sound you want. I have an HKS exhaust on right now with a JWT popcharger. It definitely sounds a lot prettier than stock but it is nowhere as deep as my friend's bone stock Mustang. I actually have the 5/16 spacer and mrev2 and was going to go through with the ART pipes and a tune but I decided it was too expensive for just the right sound and a little faster speed. Also the videos you find online for the exhausts will do you no justice. When you hear it in person it's so much different. Personally my two favorites are motordyne's TDX and the HKS exhaust.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.