vdc off, slip, sel lights on

goes into limp mode when those lights are on with power loss

things done:
spark plugs cleaning
TB cleaning
Oil Flush/ Filter, Air Filter

Went away for few days, now its back again
What could it be?

Also I tried to reset the ecu but the brake pedal are all hard when car is off, so how do i reset?
Don't have the car with me right now.. but I read around and could low brake fluid cause this? why would the engine loose power though?

Thanks

Edit: ok sorry I read the ecu reset instructions wrong and thought it was brake pedal when it was actually Gas! lol will try that out now..

Last edited by Tribal512; 02-01-2015 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-25-2015, 03:35 AM
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
vdc and slip are abs sensor relative. they are not able to activate limp mode. they are however able to kill throttle when they (detect) slipping in the abs system.
what are you tire systems. you can delete all of it. its the best.

Old 01-25-2015, 04:01 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by andrewvk
vdc and slip are abs sensor relative. they are not able to activate limp mode. they are however able to kill throttle when they (detect) slipping in the abs system.
what are you tire systems. you can delete all of it. its the best.
ok its not like full limp mode.. I can still drive normally, but everything feels rough and theres barely any power when I try to go at it

what do you mean by tire systems?

Also another observation is that it starts and runs fine from a Cold start

but after 10-15mins of driving, it jerks for a second and all these lights turn on

or sometimes it may just shut off when I'm at a light and starting takes a while longer than normal + the lights turn on, restarting wont fix it, have to let it cool completely

Old 02-01-2015, 05:24 PM
Bump. still happening..

my observation from 1 week of driving:

from cold start, it starts up fine.. runs, has full power, etc.

after 10-15 mins of driving and getting up to normal temp. the car cuts out if I'm stopped.. or gives a sudden jerk if I'm driving & continues to go BUT the Vdc/Slip lights turn on = driving turns to crap and there's no high end power anymore, shifts bad, climbs rpm bad.. really hard to get it up to 80-100mph range

however, after the first cut off... it never cuts off after that, no matter how long I drive or how many times I shut off/start the car. but the lights are still on and drives like crap.

if it cuts out, it struggles to start.. and on start up, vdc/slip on

any thoughts on the cause?

It's really getting annoying.. I'm getting passed by ricer Hondas and I can't do anything! I used to screw any car on the road.. now I can't even pass an Altima! what the hell's happening
Just now I got owned by my friends brz, which I used to own by 3-4 car lengths just on 2nd gear.. now I can barely keep up with him, so embarrassing!

haven't had the chance to take it to dealer yet

Last edited by Tribal512; 02-01-2015 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:36 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Camshaft position sensor or similar sensor.. It's common

Old 02-01-2015, 11:08 PM
Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Tribal512
Bump. still happening..

my observation from 1 week of driving:

from cold start, it starts up fine.. runs, has full power, etc.

after 10-15 mins of driving and getting up to normal temp. the car cuts out if I'm stopped.. or gives a sudden jerk if I'm driving & continues to go BUT the Vdc/Slip lights turn on = driving turns to crap and there's no high end power anymore, shifts bad, climbs rpm bad.. really hard to get it up to 80-100mph range

however, after the first cut off... it never cuts off after that, no matter how long I drive or how many times I shut off/start the car. but the lights are still on and drives like crap.

if it cuts out, it struggles to start.. and on start up, vdc/slip on

any thoughts on the cause?

It's really getting annoying.. I'm getting passed by ricer Hondas and I can't do anything! I used to screw any car on the road.. now I can't even pass an Altima! what the hell's happening
Just now I got owned by my friends brz, which I used to own by 3-4 car lengths just on 2nd gear.. now I can barely keep up with him, so embarrassing!

haven't had the chance to take it to dealer yet
it does sound more like a cam sensor now. odd you arent throwing a cel for it though.
i find it funny you think its more embarrassing than troubling your car isnt running properly. the first day my car started to act as you are describing i would stop driving it until i fully understood what the issue was. you might be doing a lot more damage to your car than you realize.

you are on consult II the dealership should be able to tell you exactly what the issue is.
but as previously stated it does sound like a cam sensor. it is however odd your vdc and slip come on when this happens since they are not connected in anyway.

Old 02-02-2015, 08:12 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
just do a quick search about it op, you'll find plenty of threads about it.

Old 02-02-2015, 07:36 PM
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by gmmills
Camshaft position sensor or similar sensor.. It's common
This.

Its either one of the cams or crank sensor.

I've had both the cams and the crank sensor go on me, with exactly what you described. really easy DIY fix for under 100 with OEM parts.

Old 02-05-2015, 11:31 AM
Thanks guys.. I pulled the codes and it was camshaft sensor bank 1, Replaced it and its all good now.
Costed me 150$ with labour

Old 02-05-2015, 02:45 PM
I'm getting this same problem, except I don't get any codes. My car has a rough idle, hard starts and cuts off at lights occasionally. vdc,slip and ses lights will come on when it cuts off. Also my AFR will go really rich (9.0) before it dies.

Osiris tuned vortech 5at

Old 02-05-2015, 05:37 PM
if your SES light is coming on, there will be a code if you scan it

The following users liked this post:
judyRVT (09-16-2021)
Old 02-06-2015, 06:01 PM
by the way, has anyone had issues with their A/C blowing warm air & not cooling?

I haven't turned it on in a while but it was fine & chilled before, only thing i can think of is, I had done the battery disconnect ecu reset a couple times in the last few weeks.. could this cause climate control issues? or is the cooling gas just over

Old 02-07-2015, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Originally Posted by Tribal512
by the way, has anyone had issues with their A/C blowing warm air & not cooling? I haven't turned it on in a while but it was fine & chilled before, only thing i can think of is, I had done the battery disconnect ecu reset a couple times in the last few weeks.. could this cause climate control issues? or is the cooling gas just over
Umm check your freon pressure situation son.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:25 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cam/crank sensors sounds about right, dealer may have a recall for the sensors so check with them, it should be free installation to fix them

Old 02-09-2015, 08:26 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
[QUOTE="Jeffreybonilla5;6973935"]Cam/crank sensors sounds about right, dealer may have a recall for the sensors so check with them, it should be free installation to fix them, check for codes!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: vdc & slip problem