G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Moisture on Dashboard

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 02:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Moisture on Dashboard

Hey All,

Tonight on my way home I noticed that I had a strip of moisture on the dashboard that started right above the silver metal trim and ran the full length of the dash. I've never noticed this before in the 5 years of owning the car. It wasn't really wet to the point where droplets form, but it more looked 'wet' as if I had just applied some moisturizing product to it, if that makes sense. The strip was approximately 4 inches wide and ran the length of the dash starting just above that silver metal trim. I had the heater at 90 degrees on the lowest speed. It really caught me by surprise and I hope it's not a sign of something major...any help is greatly appreciated!

2005 Coupe - Automatic

Old 01-28-2015, 11:34 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by heterosapien
Hey All,

Tonight on my way home I noticed that I had a strip of moisture on the dashboard that started right above the silver metal trim and ran the full length of the dash. I've never noticed this before in the 5 years of owning the car. It wasn't really wet to the point where droplets form, but it more looked 'wet' as if I had just applied some moisturizing product to it, if that makes sense. The strip was approximately 4 inches wide and ran the length of the dash starting just above that silver metal trim. I had the heater at 90 degrees on the lowest speed. It really caught me by surprise and I hope it's not a sign of something major...any help is greatly appreciated!

2005 Coupe - Automatic
Try to take a picture of it if it happens again and post it on here.

Did you have the defog on? If it was a moist day outside and you didn't have the car on recirculate, you might have condensation building up. The AC should turn on automatically if you have it on Recirculate, which is supposed to pull moisture from the air and prevent your windows and other internal parts of the cabin from fogging up. Possibly your Air Conditioner is not working at all or efficient enough?