G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G Wont Start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 01:14 PM
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
G Wont Start

So i removed the door panel and window motor last monday and realized I didnt have a t30 torx key to remove the door handle so I left my car there and borrowed one for the week. I disconnected my battery while I was gone so the dome light didnt kill my battery since I couldnt close my door.

I am trying to start the car today and its cranking but it feels and sounds much different, the motor dosnt seem to really crank at all, its just the ignition cranking if that makes sense?

I threw a battery charger on it but there isnt any type of security code/reset besides the radio required if the battery is pulled for a while right?

Just wanted to verify, ill let the battery charge while i work on the lock actuator replacement but wanted to verify.

Thanks, 04 g35 coupe

Old 03-22-2015, 09:43 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
There is no security code on the factory radio. What kind of voltage is your battery putting out? How old is the battery?

You may want to bring it to advance auto and have them do a load test on it for free and see if the battery is just weak.

Also... you said you charged the battery. Did you charge it on low amperage for a long time period? Sometimes a high amp quick charge is not a thorough charge because the current doesn't get equally absorbed by the whole battery before the charger senses that it's full and shuts off. I usually charge a battery at 2 amps overnight if I have the luxury of time and it seems to yield better results when tested after that with my Solar Digital battety tester.

Also make sure to clean and brush the battery terminals, clear the connectors of any buildup, and make sure they are good and tight.

Last edited by partyman66; 03-22-2015 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:01 PM
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by partyman66
There is no security code on the factory radio. What kind of voltage is your battery putting out? How old is the battery?

You may want to bring it to advance auto and have them do a load test on it for free and see if the battery is just weak.

Also... you said you charged the battery. Did you charge it on low amperage for a long time period? Sometimes a high amp quick charge is not a thorough charge because the current doesn't get equally absorbed by the whole battery before the charger senses that it's full and shuts off. I usually charge a battery at 2 amps overnight if I have the luxury of time and it seems to yield better results when tested after that with my Solar Digital battety tester.

Also make sure to clean and brush the battery terminals, clear the connectors of any buildup, and make sure they are good and tight.
I ended up going out and buying a charger, we have one here but its older than me and I dont trust it. The connectors had alot of blue dusting/crap around the terminals, i cleaned everything up, charged it overnight and it started right up.

I still have lots to do but ill circle back to the battery at the end of the day but it did start fine for a second earlier so i believe that was the issue.