G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Need Help Please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 06:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help Please!

Hey guys,

I have a few questions about my car and some issues I was having.
I have a 2004 6MT G35

The first thing would be that I am having a problem with my acceleration on the car. I just noticed it recently whenever I drive on the highway or even try to drive fast in town. The car shifts fine into gears but whenever I press the gas it will first accelerate into a higher rpm and then drop, then it will pick up speed. Its almost as if the car hiccups as I am just casually driving or try to drive fast. (For Instance, I am going 20mph on 2nd gear @ 2700rpm then I change to 3rd gear and accelerate to catch the gear. At that instance after changing gears it goes to 2k rpm and then as I accelerate it goes to 3000-3500rpm before catching and accelerating. Its even a problem when I am on cruise control because the dropping of the rpm cause the car to boot me off cruise control.) Any Ideas?

The second problem is my spark plugs. I had changed my spark plugs because I had initially thought that the hesitation from the first problem was due to bad spark plugs but it wasn't. I did find out that I did have oil in the driver and passenger spark plug closest to the windshield. I was wondering if that was suppose to be that way or not? I feel like it's not right but I am just starting to work on my g35 so I'm not really sure. What should I do to fix this problem?

Thank you guys and I hope to hear something soon.

Old 03-28-2015, 07:49 AM
Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
You'll need a new valve cover to fix the oil on the spark plug issue

Old 03-28-2015, 12:53 PM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Clutch sounds like its going. Its gonna get worse so start saving up .

Old 03-28-2015, 07:19 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Almost definitely your clutch is going for the first problem.

Old 03-29-2015, 12:10 AM
That is so stupid. Thanks guys though I'm having the shop look at it on Monday so that way I know for sure what it is and have peace of mind. I just wanted to have an idea of what it could be. I never ran into that before.

Old 02-05-2016, 12:21 AM
Was the Clutch.

Hey sorry for getting back to everyone so late. It was the clutch so if there are other people who see this, and you feel like it is similar to what is going on with your G then I'd recommend starting where I have.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.