G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Adams rotors and project mu pads

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2015, 04:48 PM
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Adams rotors and project mu pads

I just got adams rotors in the mail . Both front and rear. They are cross drilled with slots on them. None of them are marked , do they go on only one way ? I dont wanna take everything apart without knowing.

Do i need shims and anti squeek on the back of the project pads?

Whats the bedding in process of these pads

Last question can i only replace front rotors and not pads since my front pads are good and only have rear pads?

Old 04-03-2015, 06:04 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
the venting is non-directional so it makes no difference which way the pattern leans.

bedding is listed on our info/FAQ page: www.adamsrotors.com/info

and you can sure...but I always prefer to install new pads at the time of rotor swap to save on labor down the road when they will inevitably need to be replaced anyways....plus usually you're upgrading compounds.

Old 04-04-2015, 02:00 PM
I installed everything today. Brakes feel good. Pads bite really good and car stops just as quick as i press the pedal.

The only issue i had was that i payed 15 extra dollars for black coating per pair. And the black is now gone after breaking the pads in. 30 dollars down the drain. I didnt mind spending about 400 for front and rear rotors. I didnt mind paying 80 bucks for quality rear pads. Charging that extra money for coating that fades after a test drive is REDICULOUS . So no matter how good these rotors are , and i havnt drove much so i cant say , i will never recommend or buy anything from You guys again

Old 04-04-2015, 08:15 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Siciliang35
I installed everything today. Brakes feel good. Pads bite really good and car stops just as quick as i press the pedal.

The only issue i had was that i payed 15 extra dollars for black coating per pair. And the black is now gone after breaking the pads in. 30 dollars down the drain. I didnt mind spending about 400 for front and rear rotors. I didnt mind paying 80 bucks for quality rear pads. Charging that extra money for coating that fades after a test drive is REDICULOUS . So no matter how good these rotors are , and i havnt drove much so i cant say , i will never recommend or buy anything from You guys again
wow...let's slow down.
and that's simply not true and is fully disclosed sir...

as posted in our FAQ's:

"do the gold or black zinc rotors stay black forever?"

the colored zinc will only remain on the NON-pad contact areas for the life of the rotor. the face of the rotor will of course wear silver instantly upon the initial bedding process after install from friction, leaving a very subtle accent color (and more importantly corrosion protection) on the remainder of the rotor. (hub/hat, dimples, slots, vents, etc) this is the same for ANY zinc dipped, rust protected rotor, but with black/gold, has a very nice aesthetic touch behind a custom wheel/painted caliper.

Last edited by adamsrotors; 04-04-2015 at 10:54 PM.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:15 PM
Of course its a FAQ . If someone pays extra for a black rotor and it turns silver right away. They're gonna frequently ask why the fk did it turn silver .

That should be something mentioned as soon as that option is clicked on , not on a completely diffrent page with a bunch of random questions .

Old 04-04-2015, 10:53 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
nothing about our FAQ's are random, whatsoever...they in fact answer nearly ANY questions you could have about our stuff.

but zinc is zinc, and that's exactly how it's sold. it's a shell, a dip, a bath...a corrosion preventative coating designed, at it's core, to protect non-pad contact areas from rust. for one to assume a metal on metal braking component would remain black on the contact patch after use is an uninformed assumption. then to further be upset at us about it for not reading is just silly.

enjoy the rotors, none the less...I know the look great and perform better.

and just a thought, instead of this public outburst, had you emailed us directly and respectfully displayed your frustration, we'd have taken care of you.

Old 04-04-2015, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by adamsrotors
nothing about our FAQ's are random, whatsoever...they in fact answer nearly ANY questions you could have about our stuff.

but zinc is zinc, and that's exactly how it's sold. it's a shell, a dip, a bath...a corrosion preventative coating designed, at it's core, to protect non-pad contact areas from rust. for one to assume a metal on metal braking component would remain black on the contact patch after use is an uninformed assumption. then to further be upset at us about it for not reading is just silly.

enjoy the rotors, none the less...I know the look great and perform better.

and just a thought, instead of this public outburst, had you emailed us directly and respectfully displayed your frustration, we'd have taken care of you.
If you are interested in taking care of a customer then let them know that 15 dollars is a waste of money before they purchase it . Not after . Or put some kind of disclaimer on the same page as the option not on another page.

Old 04-04-2015, 11:25 PM
As a matter of fact i only installed the rears and I'm sending the fronts back . I'm not happy with Your service or product so i expect a full refund on the front rotors.

I should of took Gary's advice and went another route

Old 04-05-2015, 03:03 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Well someone is getting a little bit butt hurt. The Zinc COATING only costs the no n-pad surface area (Duhhhhh). It does its job as it has for me for over 2 years.

The following users liked this post:
adamsrotors (04-05-2015)
Old 04-05-2015, 03:37 AM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Can we get a ban of this dude?
Jesus. When you publicly trash a perfectly fine, actually a very amazing company. Expect back lash. People like you make my job horrible, you think your "entitled" too the world. Grow a pair?
Adamsrotors your the bomb.com
Don't let anyone else tell you other wise

adamsrotors (04-05-2015)
Old 04-05-2015, 06:23 AM
Received 856 Likes on 744 Posts
The black stays on the area that will rust.. lol The all black is the way to go so the pad wears away the perfect spot.. I did mine but i painted it so when i hit the brake it wore it away..

Last edited by Frankieg35; 04-05-2015 at 06:30 AM.
adamsrotors (04-05-2015)
Old 04-05-2015, 12:15 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
As a matter of fact i only installed the rears and I'm sending the fronts back . I'm not happy with Your service or product so i expect a full refund on the front rotors.

I should of took Gary's advice and went another route
well that won't happen...we are made-to-order, final sale.
and there is absolutely no error, defect, or issue with them whatsoever.

Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Well someone is getting a little bit butt hurt. The Zinc COATING only costs the no n-pad surface area (Duhhhhh). It does its job as it has for me for over 2 years.
Originally Posted by JHereth22
Can we get a ban of this dude?
Jesus. When you publicly trash a perfectly fine, actually a very amazing company. Expect back lash. People like you make my job horrible, you think your "entitled" too the world. Grow a pair?
Adamsrotors your the bomb.com
Don't let anyone else tell you other wise
Originally Posted by Frankieg35
The black stays on the area that will rust.. lol The all black is the way to go so the pad wears away the perfect spot.. I did mine but i painted it so when i hit the brake it wore it away..
thanks boys...love the "back up" and I appreciate the words & continued support.
trust me, I have way too many grey's for my age, and these are the reasons why; oh the joy's of online business!

Old 04-05-2015, 12:25 PM
+1 for my dude

Old 04-05-2015, 01:09 PM
Il just have my bank do a back charge

And I'm not entitled to the world. If I'm paying extra for a black rotor then i should be told the rotor wont stay black as soon as i click the option. Its not about the money , its the principal.

I just ordered custom caliper decals and IN BIG BOLD LETTERS , rite on the same page, said CERTAIN COLORS WILL FADE AND LISTED THE COLORS. So that kept me from wasting my money and i chose a color that wont fade.

I'm not in the wrong here at all so i dont see why everyone is riding this guys d..k
The rite thing to do is let people know before is payed for becuase not everyone knows that its gonna fade. Ask Your self why it's mentioned in a totally diffrent page.

Last edited by Siciliang35; 04-05-2015 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-05-2015, 01:13 PM
Il just have my bank do a back charge
Poor little baby

Urbanengineer (04-05-2015)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Adams rotors and project mu pads