G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Door Lock issues even though I replaced an actuator

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Door Lock issues even though I replaced an actuator

Hey all, sorry if this is in the wrong section, I'm still relatively new here. Yes I know that there are countless threads on the door lock issues, but I have a problem that I can't seem to find anything on. My door locks will sometimes work and other times they won't. I try pushing the lock button on both the driver and passenger sides as well as the key fob and sometimes the locks will move ever so slightly and sometimes not at all. Everytime I push the lock or unlock buttons I hear the normal clicking sound that you get when locking and unlocking. That tells me there is power going to the actuators but not enough to move the locks. The passenger side has the OEM actuator, however, I replaced the driver side actuator with a $50 kit I found on ebay not even one year ago (Last summer) and it's sluggish and sometimes won't work at all. It's not an OEM actuator so I don't see why it would fail not even 1 year in operation. Could it be a blown fuse or could this be the first sign my battery is going bad? Right now there are no other signs that my battery is going dead.

Thanks for the help!

Jamesobx

Old 04-09-2015, 09:41 PM
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Jamesobxfan2296
Hey all, sorry if this is in the wrong section, I'm still relatively new here. Yes I know that there are countless threads on the door lock issues, but I have a problem that I can't seem to find anything on. My door locks will sometimes work and other times they won't. I try pushing the lock button on both the driver and passenger sides as well as the key fob and sometimes the locks will move ever so slightly and sometimes not at all. Everytime I push the lock or unlock buttons I hear the normal clicking sound that you get when locking and unlocking. That tells me there is power going to the actuators but not enough to move the locks. The passenger side has the OEM actuator, however, I replaced the driver side actuator with a $50 kit I found on ebay not even one year ago (Last summer) and it's sluggish and sometimes won't work at all. It's not an OEM actuator so I don't see why it would fail not even 1 year in operation. Could it be a blown fuse or could this be the first sign my battery is going bad? Right now there are no other signs that my battery is going dead.

Thanks for the help!

Jamesobx
Sounds like the ebay actuator is just crapping out. If the fuse was blown it wouldn't work period. You could check voltage @ the harness for it to verify but from my experience these lock actuators including oem dont last very long...I replaced both sides on my car including window motors and its just only hit 80k. Ive actually replaced the driver side lock actuator twice in 3 years.....