G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

2004 6mt infiniti

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 6mt infiniti

Hey guys so I'm looking into buying an 04 g35 manual with 75k miles the owner replaced the clutch at 50k and says it needs new brakes and tire sensors ,Im new to infinitis so I would like to know if there are any specific problems I should look into with 04s and Gs in general? Thanks

Old 04-22-2015, 10:27 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Research

There is lot's of useful information on this site. Try the search tool feature and you'll find all you need to know....Pro's and con's.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:44 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
main things i checked since ive bought this car twice:

- check the throwout bearing (if its bad youll hear rattling at idle and it will go away as soon as you press the clutch in, this is sometimes normal but excessive rattle isnt)

- oil consumption and/or oil leaks

- run through all gears on idle and with moderate load to see if synchros are still good.

- check the diff bushing on the rear subframe.

- if the car is from the north check for rust.

- lastly, just use your head. if they car feels like poo. it most probably is.

as for G35 specific checks, this is all i can think of at this moment off the top of my head.

Old 04-23-2015, 12:04 PM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
If you can, bring it to the dealership. They will do an inspection on the ride for around $100.
Yes, I know it's spending money but how much is peace of mind worth on this kind of purchase?
I did this for a G I was potentially buying, turned out the title wasn't clean and had water damage from the east coast...current owner had no idea but glad I found out because I was near buying it.
Other than that, run through basic maintenance inspections, fluids, tires, brakes, check the chassis and body for rust, test out all the electronic gizmos and buttons...etc

Old 04-23-2015, 01:28 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Welcome to Driver & Good Luck!

Like buying any used vehicle it must have a clear title, run a CARFAX to make sure it isn't a junkyard dog. When you take it for a drive don't just go around the block, go for 5 to 8 miles so you get the feel of how everything works. Spend the $$ to have it checked out by Nissan, it's worth it! Brakes could run from $200 to $500 depending if it needs just pads or rotors. Wheel sensors, buy them on eBay for $120 and it will cost you that much to have them installed. Never go to the dealership for service, find a qualified independent shop near you for all your service needs...you may already have one!
Gary

Old 04-23-2015, 11:10 PM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts
I would also suggest a visual inspection the fenders to make sure they all line up properly (hood, bumpers, trunk, etc). Mine had minor misalignments which I saw from the beginning. This can be an indicator of an accident even though sometimes the seller does not disclose this info or include it in the carfax.

The other things are fairly obvious. Make sure all electronics work: power locks, windows, sunroof, radio/cd player, lights, etc. I know the cd changer on these go bad quite frequently if that is an option in the car you are looking at.

Good luck.