G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Electric Work (DMV Area)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2015, 10:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electric Work (DMV Area)

My fog lights stopped working one day after i replaced them. The passenger side went out first then a couple days later i received the KP module and that same day the drivers side fog light stopped working. I replaced the fuse and they still didn't work. So now I'm stumped and i need either a shop or someone that knows their way around a Gs wires.

Old 04-25-2015, 01:12 AM
Received 65 Likes on 58 Posts
Absolute Electronix in Rockville, MD may be able to help you out if you're in that area. They deal mostly with alarm/security and audio setups but I'm sure they can make their way around any sort of issue involving electronics and wiring. The owner of this shop used to have a G35 so he's got plenty of experience.

Old 04-25-2015, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by the93owner
Absolute Electronix in Rockville, MD may be able to help you out if you're in that area. They deal mostly with alarm/security and audio setups but I'm sure they can make their way around any sort of issue involving electronics and wiring. The owner of this shop used to have a G35 so he's got plenty of experience.
O wow! Thanks for that quick reply I will definitely chech them out.

Old 04-25-2015, 03:36 PM
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by RewTwin
My fog lights stopped working one day after i replaced them. The passenger side went out first then a couple days later i received the KP module and that same day the drivers side fog light stopped working. I replaced the fuse and they still didn't work. So now I'm stumped and i need either a shop or someone that knows their way around a Gs wires.
Originally Posted by the93owner
Rew Twin, Absolute Electronix sounds like a good resource, but since the fog lights aren't going to stop you from driving your G, you might be able to get some help here for free. Don't give up on this forum yet, what year is your G? Do you own a volt/ohm meter? This is really a simple system, I just looked at the wiring diagram for my 2003 and it should be no big deal to trouble shoot.

The following users liked this post:
RewTwin (05-04-2015)
Old 04-27-2015, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by wuzz-upp
Rew Twin, Absolute Electronix sounds like a good resource, but since the fog lights aren't going to stop you from driving your G, you might be able to get some help here for free. Don't give up on this forum yet, what year is your G? Do you own a volt/ohm meter? This is really a simple system, I just looked at the wiring diagram for my 2003 and it should be no big deal to trouble shoot.
I also have a 2003 but i dont have a volt meter or a wire diagram lol i also have 2006 headlights if tht would male a diffrence. If you could provide the diagram for me id really appreciate it, id rather try to fix it myself then pay for it anyways.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:06 PM
I also have a 2003 but i dont have a volt meter or a wire diagram lol i also have 2006 headlights if tht would male a diffrence. If you could provide the diagram for me id really appreciate it, id rather try to fix it myself then pay for it anyways.
Hey Rew,

Here is the wiring diagram for my 2003 Coupe, I believe the 2006 is a direct fit, but i do not have a wiring diagram for that year. You can and should pick up a volt/ohm meter, they are very cheap now a days. Harbor Freight has them for under ten bucks and you do not need anything fancy. Don't forget to check your bulbs.

Attached Thumbnails Electric Work (DMV Area)-2003-fog-light-1.png   Electric Work (DMV Area)-2003-fog-light-2.png  

Last edited by wuzz-upp; 04-27-2015 at 05:58 PM.
RewTwin (05-04-2015)
Old 04-27-2015, 02:31 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Stupid question....but have you checked to see if the bulbs have burned out? Did you check to see if anything worked loose after hitting bumps on the road?

Old 04-27-2015, 05:06 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
1. Why did you replace the fuse? Was it burnt? If so, then you probably messed up something with the KP module.
2. Did you check the bulbs to see they are bad? Go to Harbor Freight or Home Depot and buy a cheap multimeter.
3. Where are you located? I have some time this week and could help you out.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by wuzz-upp
Hey Rew,

Here is the wiring diagram for my 2003 Coupe, I believe the 2006 is a direct fit, but i do not have a wiring diagram for that year. You can and should pick up a volt/ohm meter, they are very cheap now a days. Harbor Freight has them for under ten bucks and you do not need anything fancy. Don't forget to check your bulbs.
Thank you imma check this out and see if i can get these puppies fixed.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
Stupid question....but have you checked to see if the bulbs have burned out? Did you check to see if anything worked loose after hitting bumps on the road?
Yes i checked the bulbs, sadly the new bulbs didnt work and the old bulbs didnt work either. I did a quick check a couple taps and pushes is all. So ill check tht first, hopefully its as simple as that.

Old 04-29-2015, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
1. Why did you replace the fuse? Was it burnt? If so, then you probably messed up something with the KP module.
2. Did you check the bulbs to see they are bad? Go to Harbor Freight or Home Depot and buy a cheap multimeter.
3. Where are you located? I have some time this week and could help you out.
1&2. The bulbs are fine the old ones werent blown and the new ones arenr either. I after i ran into this problem i replaced the new bulbs with the and still got nothing. I actually havent installed the KP module yet lol
3. I live in Owings Mills, MD

Old 04-29-2015, 05:54 PM
Troubleshooting tips,

Since you stated the bulbs are not the problem, then the next thing to do is to check for 12v at the fog light connector pins 1 (W/G) and (S/B) , there should be 12V at both pins with the lights in the on position. If you don't have 12V at these pins, then the Front Fog Lamp Relay could be the problem, however before buying a relay, I would remove it and check for voltage and ground at the relay terminals first. Relays are typically color coded, if you find two relays of the same color you can swap them for trouble shooting.

I would rule out the ground at the light because the fog lights use the same ground as the headlights and you said that they work. I would however check the ground any way while you have the connector disconnected at the light.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by wuzz-upp; 04-29-2015 at 05:58 PM. Reason: added information
RewTwin (05-04-2015)
Old 05-05-2015, 05:26 PM
Imma put all of your suggestions to work tomorrow since im off. I do have one last question, does anyone know what relay to get? Ive searched but cant find the answer anywhere.

Old 05-05-2015, 07:12 PM
Imma put all of your suggestions to work tomorrow since im off. I do have one last question, does anyone know what relay to get? Ive searched but cant find the answer anywhere.
I did some searching and I could not find a definitive answer for your relay question. What I can see from looking at the Service Manual, is that the relay is located in the Intelligent Power Distribution Module (Engine Room) IPDM E/R. From the looks of it there are four relays that look the same and you will be able to swap for trouble shooting.

BTW, I assumed that your Coupe is a USA model and not Canadian. Is it a USA model? There is a difference between the two wiring diagrams. Here are a couple of drawings showing where the IPDM E/R is located.

Attached Thumbnails Electric Work (DMV Area)-capture.png  
RewTwin (05-06-2015)
Old 05-05-2015, 07:14 PM
IPDM E/R Drawing

Attached Thumbnails Electric Work (DMV Area)-capture.png  
RewTwin (05-06-2015)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Electric Work (DMV Area)