G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

passenger seatbelt sensor?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2015, 11:46 PM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
passenger seatbelt sensor?

soooo i am in the process of swapping my headliner to black and that meant all the little trimmings also had to be either swapped or painted. for the seat belts i opted to buy 350z ones since they are already black and i dont have to worry about paint chipping off from the holder part where the belt is constantly rubbing against. so i swapped out the driver side. kind of a bitch since i am not removing the seats but i got it. had to drill a new hole for the top of the holder but not a big deal.

for the passenger side though where the anchor is attached to the bottom of the door next to the seat, there is a sensor coming off the end. this sensor is not on my 350z seatbelt so i dont know what im supposed to do. does anyone know if the actual sensor can be detached from teh seatbelt and swapped to the new one or if i can just unplug it without throwing a code?

i am looking through ebay at g35 seatbelt retractors and none of them have this sensor... idk if its a new thing that came about in the 06 or what but im not sure what i should do.

Attached Thumbnails passenger seatbelt sensor?-img_8457.jpg  
Old 04-30-2015, 07:56 PM
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by .cakestar
soooo i am in the process of swapping my headliner to black and that meant all the little trimmings also had to be either swapped or painted. for the seat belts i opted to buy 350z ones since they are already black and i dont have to worry about paint chipping off from the holder part where the belt is constantly rubbing against. so i swapped out the driver side. kind of a bitch since i am not removing the seats but i got it. had to drill a new hole for the top of the holder but not a big deal.

for the passenger side though where the anchor is attached to the bottom of the door next to the seat, there is a sensor coming off the end. this sensor is not on my 350z seatbelt so i dont know what im supposed to do. does anyone know if the actual sensor can be detached from teh seatbelt and swapped to the new one or if i can just unplug it without throwing a code?

i am looking through ebay at g35 seatbelt retractors and none of them have this sensor... idk if its a new thing that came about in the 06 or what but im not sure what i should do.
I will start by saying that I would not recommend deactivating anything that has to do with safety. With that said, you can try disconnecting the connector to see what happens, it could be a seat belt warning light switch. The picture you posted does not provide enough of a view for me to figure out what switch it is in the wiring diagram, if you can at least post the colors of the wires at the connector, I could then try to figure out what specific switch in the circuit it is. Post a couple other pictures from different angles if possible.

Old 05-12-2015, 03:06 AM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
hey man, really appreciate the help. i was able to find pictures of it on an ebay auction. no colors for the wiring though.

The following users liked this post:
Urbanengineer (05-12-2015)
Old 05-12-2015, 06:48 PM
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
.cakestar,

Logic tells me that the sensor can be related to the Safety Restraint System (SRS)/ Air Bag System, but I do not know for sure sorry man.

I did read the following in my Service Manual and thought I should share it with you, I hope it helps you make the right decision. Don't sacrifice or compromise your safety or that of your passengers for looks. Not preaching, just saying.

PRECAUTIONS
Revision; 2004 April 2003 G35 Coupe
PRECAUTIONS PFP:00001
Precautions for Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) “AIR BAG” and “SEAT
BELT PRE-TENSIONER” AHS000DH
The Supplemental Restraint System such as “AIR BAG” and “SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER”, used along
with a front seat belt, helps to reduce the risk or severity of injury to the driver and front passenger for certain
types of collision. This system includes seat belt switch inputs and dual stage front air bag modules. The SRS
system uses the seat belt switches to determine the front air bag deployment, and may only deploy one front
air bag, depending on the severity of a collision and whether the front occupants are belted or unbelted.
Information necessary to service the system safely is included in the SRS and SB section of this Service Manual.
WARNING:
 To avoid rendering the SRS inoperative, which could increase the risk of personal injury or death
in the event of a collision which would result in air bag inflation, all maintenance must be performed
by an authorized NISSAN/INFINITI dealer.
 Improper maintenance, including incorrect removal and installation of the SRS, can lead to personal
injury caused by unintentional activation of the system. For removal of Spiral Cable and Air
Bag Module, see the SRS section.
 Do not use electrical test equipment on any circuit related to the SRS unless instructed to in this
Service Manual. SRS wiring harnesses can be identified by yellow and/or orange harnesses or
harness connectors.
Precaution for Seat Belt Service AHS000DI
CAUTION:
 Before removing the front seat belt pre-tensioner assembly, turn the ignition switch off, disconnect
the both battery cables and wait at least 3 minutes.
 Do not use electrical test equipment for front seat belt pre-tensioner connector.
 After replacing or reinstalling front seat belt pre-tensioner assembly, or reconnecting front seat
belt pre-tensioner connector, check the system function. Refer to SRS-18, "SRS Operation Check"
 Deploy front seat belt pre-tensioner assembly before disposing. Refer to SRS-49, "DISPOSAL OF
AIR BAG MODULE AND SEAT BELT PRE-TENSIONER" .
 Do not use disassemble buckle or seat belt assembly.
 Replace anchor bolts if they are deformed or worn out.
 Never oil tongue and buckle.
 If any component of seat belt assembly is questionable, do not repair. Replace the whole seat belt
assembly.
 If webbing is cut, frayed, or damaged, replace seat belt assembly.
 When replacing seat belt assembly, use a genuine NISSAN seat belt assembly.