G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Window Reset Procedure? 04Coupe

Old 04-27-2015, 11:42 AM
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Window Reset Procedure? 04Coupe

Is there something I am missing on this window reset procedure? I had to tear my door apart to fix a few things & a few weeks ago I had to replace the driver side lock actuator so the entire window had to get removed etc. I ended up replacing some of the felt strips in there, found the studs on the window tracks were loose and causing the window to have a lot of play. While there I also replaced the rubber seal at the front of the window as it was torn.

Everything is finished and the window works but I cant get the window reset procedure to work. Currently I can roll it down all the way and up all the way but it wont auto down when you open the door or auto up when you close it. Also if you let the window auto function take the window up it goes 100% up then drops down 1/3 of the way.

Process:

-open door
-roll window down
-close door
-put key into prime position
-hold motor reset switch button and roll window up to its max
-roll window down to its max & release the reset button
-roll window up 100% & wait 5 seconds
-open door and test?

Is there a step I am missing here throwing me off? I know these reset procedures for this car are a huge PITA. I went through the TB reset a week or so ago and it took 30 minutes of trying for it to finally work as the timing had to be 100% accurate.

Thanks, appreciate the help!

Old 05-24-2015, 07:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Coupe
Window reset

You are doing the correct reset procedure. I have the same problem with my 04 Coupe.

I have replaced the motor several times with aftermarket Cardones. This one lasted a whole 6 months. I cannot successfully reset using the Infinitihelp instructions, (which have worked in the past).

I disconnected the battery for a minute, hoping that might reset the electronics, with no luck.

The auto up and down do not work on the drivers side. I held the switch for 10 sec in the up position, and then in the down position, but that doesn't restore the auto feature....which I hoped would correct window opening/closing

FYI, The windows can also be raised and lowered by pressing the correct key fob button, and with the key, by turning and holding in the fully unlock or lock position. Once again,, my passenger side window works well with the key or the fob, the drivers side only moves slightly.

This motor does eventually move the window through the full range of travel, so I'm not convinced this is a motor issue. I'm now inclined to believe it is a programming issue, but I haven't cracked the code .

Also looking for a new solution....

This is a great vehicle, except for this window

Thanks,

Cliff

Old 07-27-2015, 01:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Coupe
Window motor issues

Update for all. I bought a new factory motor, and I still could not get it to reset, so I admitted defeat and took it to the dealer. I've been through several motors now. The dealer diagnosed the problem as a loose wire in the connector !! He said it is a common problem, even on newer vehicles. They use a dealer tool to check individual wires in a harness or complex plug..

I believe he said the white wire is often the culprit, so check your wires before buying a new motor..!!

Cliff
2004 G35 couple
120K.

Now I focus on the failing door lock actuators