G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Answer a few of my questions please ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 10:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Answer a few of my questions please ?

My 06 G35😍

So I have g37 wheels on and I'm using the oem lugs or acorn style idk if it's the same or not but either way they're holding fine and I drive hard trust me . 1 lug on both sides of rear are starting to round and I can't tighten any more to have it seat 100% as it should so it gets loose here and here. I need someone who is running some after market to point me in the right direction rather than the " oem g37 lugs only" because these are holding out fine and have no problems if it wasn't for it being rounded .. So please chime in . And just so I know what are the exact lugs I will need to make these fit as they should as oem so many unclear threads and post .

Also I just installed berks hfc they sound beautiful until I let off the gas and it sounds like a maraca under my car lol ..I hear a hiss and I'm fine with that but what about the maracas under my car ? Lol What's the deal ? . And ses just came on but I forgot to reset ecu, throttle and air .. So I did that today hoping it was just needing a reset . My butt dyno is saying add about 10 hp 😏👌

Last edited by bennyjoel; 04-30-2015 at 12:11 AM.
Old 04-30-2015, 09:30 AM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
1. I hate you for running the same wheels as me, thought I was the only OB coupe running the 37s.
2. Get a set of the stock spline lugs and ditch those acorn ones.
3. You really shouldn't be hearing hissing from the exhaust, that would point to a leak. Lift the car back up and double check all the gaskets and bolts.
4. Reset the ECU again (negative side disconnected for a good 15min)

Old 04-30-2015, 09:59 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by VenomGT9
1. I hate you for running the same wheels as me, thought I was the only OB coupe running the 37s.
2. Get a set of the stock spline lugs and ditch those acorn ones.
3. You really shouldn't be hearing hissing from the exhaust, that would point to a leak. Lift the car back up and double check all the gaskets and bolts.
4. Reset the ECU again (negative side disconnected for a good 15min)
Everything Venom posted is 100% correct! ^ You need to decide if the lug nut that won't tighten is the lug which might need replacing or the nut itself. Remember, installing wheels should only be done with a torque wrench set at 80 psi not some with an impact gun!
Gary

Old 04-30-2015, 10:24 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
Everything Venom posted is 100% correct! ^ You need to decide if the lug nut that won't tighten is the lug which might need replacing or the nut itself. Remember, installing wheels should only be done with a torque wrench set at 80 psi not some with an impact gun!
Gary
I think you meant to say 80 ft-lb.

Old 04-30-2015, 11:20 AM
Haha I really thought I was the only one with them on a OB .

So okay I'll lose the acorn lugs .. Could I grab any spline off the Internet likeee EBAY hehe .. I want blue lugs :'(.. or am I going to really have to get the "stock g37 lugs" anyone have luck painting them ?

Yea I've been reading on berks and videos and everyone's has a hiss that comes from back pressure? At least that's what I've been reading .. I will get under the car and double check every bolt .. See if I could squeeze a bit more on the cat to header bolts too but I'm pretty solid when it comes to getting good seal. It Sounds sorta like a BOV lol ... I'll post a video on my break .. Have you had a berk hfc sound completely clear with no "metallic" sound and or hiss? Jw

For resetting the ECU I read that you only need to disconnect the neg for 3 minutes and that's what I did previously before i read your comment and my ses went away .. Will 15 mins make it reset better lol dumb questions sorry

Last edited by bennyjoel; 04-30-2015 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:27 PM
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
nice ride

Old 04-30-2015, 12:29 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by bennyjoel
For resetting the ECU I read that you only need to disconnect the neg for 3 minutes and that's what I did previously before i read your comment and my ses went away .. Will 15 mins make it reset better lol dumb questions sorry
All sorts of internet methods of a reset exits, I unhook, flip the ignition to on, then hit the brakes for about a minute. in my head it should discharge any capacitance that may exists.

i know that after I do this manual shifts hit hard as rocks so it is defiantly clearing the fuel map and shift timing.

Old 04-30-2015, 03:08 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by bennyjoel
So I have g37 wheels on and I'm using the oem lugs or acorn style idk if it's the same or not but either way they're holding fine and I drive hard trust me . 1 lug on both sides of rear are starting to round and I can't tighten any more to have it seat 100% as it should so it gets loose here and here. I need someone who is running some after market to point me in the right direction rather than the " oem g37 lugs only" because these are holding out fine and have no problems if it wasn't for it being rounded .. So please chime in . And just so I know what are the exact lugs I will need to make these fit as they should as oem so many unclear threads and post .

You really can't say they are working fine if you are having problems.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:56 PM
Well If it wasn't rounded it would allow me to tighten it all the way.. But either way it's the wrong one anyway .

Also do you think the autozone spline 12x1.25 will be fine ?

I have another problem ... Who ever owned the car before me bottomed out and snapped the plastic off the bottom cover and the screws and bracket nuts are just barely holding on here's my problem in a picture

The top is the bumper and bottom is the bottom cover .. there's suppose to be a complete circle on the bottom of the bumper to hold better but it's missing probably snapped off .... This is has happened to several of the Holes on the bottom of the bumper ..

I'm about ready to buy a whole bumper because of this

Old 04-30-2015, 08:44 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
g35 oem lugs

g37 oem lugs

which are u using? *hint* u should be using the g37 ones

Old 04-30-2015, 09:30 PM
Lol well im using the top ones ... And Internet can be real deceiving when it comes to looking for the right ones .. Anyone know where to get them at a good price ?

Old 04-30-2015, 09:43 PM
I am going to guess that the hissing is only when coasting and the RPM's are between say around 2800 down to 2000 if that is correct then I had the same thing happen on my Z when I put in test pipes. My current car has stock cats but if I listen very carefully I can still slightly and I mean ever so slightly hear the same noise almost like a bearing whistling, If this is the case I wouldn't worry about it. I drove my Z all the way to 180k miles never had a problem just was really odd.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:15 PM
part number 4224-jk00a ? for g37 lugs is that correct... and yea i would think the hiss is normal with these with all the back pressure. i'm going to tighten the bolts still as soon as i get the chance. i really cant stand using oem lugs but safety first i guess lol

Old 04-30-2015, 10:21 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
wats wrong with using oem lugs on oem wheels?

Old 04-30-2015, 10:32 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
wats wrong with using oem lugs on oem wheels?
Nothing's wrong. As long as you use the correct ones.. The G37 rims stud holes are larger in diameter and it requires a lug nut that seats through the hole. Unlike the G35..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Answer a few of my questions please ?