G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

So I have a Jacked Up Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry So I have a Jacked Up Car

So I was really stupid and I traded my 03 6MT 350z in good Mechanical order for a 03 5AT G35 mainly cause I really needed back seats. I knew it needed some mechanical work mainly what I thought was a control arm and a Knock cable. Well I replaced the knock cable added a thermal intake gasket and a 5/16" plenum spacer but that is when I started to find the real problem. It wasn't a control arm knock it was a bad drivers side motor mount. No biggie I will just buy a set of Z1 polys so I did took it to a friend to put them in for me and he comes back saying I am not touching that car. Well come to find out that the motor or tranny was replaced probably and since they couldn't get the nuts for the compression rods out of the sub-frame well they got one off by breaking the stud they decided to cut the sub-frame all to... Well now I have a junk yard sub-frame and I haven't been able to get the one nut off that is on the passenger side compression rod and the driver side in all the infinite wisdom the previous owner had, was welded to the sub-frame. So mainly my question is can you replace the studs for arms I am hoping to finally get the passenger side off and only need to figure out the drivers side or am I up a creek without a paddle. I know this is my first post and I will get flamed for not looking the car over better, I realize I was hasty and tired. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Old 04-30-2015, 09:50 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Trade back.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:55 PM
yeah something tells me he aint gonna do that, he scammed me. He might get a beat down one day though.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:56 PM
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Nazrac
yeah something tells me he aint gonna do that, he scammed me. He might get a beat down one day though.
Lol ghetto much

Old 04-30-2015, 09:59 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Trade back.
Yeah, how long has it been? You don't wanna deal with that bullsh!t. Trade it back. That peg on the unibody that connects the c-rod to the frame is not a problem you want (if I'm understanding what you're asking). It technically shouldn't even be repaired..at least I would have zero piece of mind with a repaired piece.

Edit: just reread, and if you can carefully cut the nut off without damaging the peg, you may be able to rethread the peg. That's yer only legit chance.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:25 PM

so the peg is not a removable item? No I dont ghetto much and I guarentee you he will not trade back he lied about everything one of the sides is complete trash as it sits. I was thinking perhaps cut it flush where the taper ends drill and tap a hole down the barrel and put a stud in there. The side with the nut on it will at all cost not be cut its the other side that is jacked. I will get the nut off eventually one way or another even if I have to use a cut off wheel on everything and split the nut.

This is the side he decided to weld agter breaking the stud

Last edited by Nazrac; 04-30-2015 at 10:31 PM.
Old 04-30-2015, 10:36 PM
Nah, the peg is part of the body. That's rough, man. I suppose you could cut em off, drill thru the body and replace them with some kind of post that would be secured from above. Not sure how that would work.. Crazy.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:45 PM
if its a solid peg which I am sure it is and its some sort of mild steel I am thinking about drilling a center hole and putting a bolt in is my only option. Instead of the stud threaded portion protruding from the tapered stud I will pull a 8.8 bolt into the stud just need to use a bottom tap and only drill as far as the bolt will go in.

Old 04-30-2015, 10:48 PM
on the other hand at least I have a new sub-frame I will probably cut the old one out and twist off those horrible welds if you want to call them that.

Old 05-01-2015, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by Nazrac
if its a solid peg which I am sure it is and its some sort of mild steel I am thinking about drilling a center hole and putting a bolt in is my only option. Instead of the stud threaded portion protruding from the tapered stud I will pull a 8.8 bolt into the stud just need to use a bottom tap and only drill as far as the bolt will go in.
Yeah, the peg is solid. Good luck, man. A couple people have snapped it off and rewelded it on. I wouldn't feel comfortable with that tho.