G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

in hopes of reviving a G35 coupe

Old 05-18-2015, 08:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in hopes of reviving a G35 coupe

whats up guys, as of right now i have hopes of reviving a salvaged coupe if i get it at the right price.

from what i can see in the pictures it looks like basic bolt up parts like core support, light, fender, hood, radi, air box, splash guard..... simple but expensive parts (air bags did not deploy, thankfully for my sakes). as long as i can get this thing at the right price ill be reviving it back to life.... im sure some people are gonna ask why and its a salvaged title and this and that and the plain answer is because i want too.... and itll be cheaper since im doing practically all the work myself. ill be doing all the body work, all the mechanical work, and probably all the paint work well see how it goes. i gotta get the car first

Old 05-20-2015, 12:16 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Good luck! Keep us posted on your progress if you decide to buy it. Always cool seeing a car being brought back to "life".

Old 05-20-2015, 12:30 AM
Wings Nation

Received 625 Likes on 456 Posts
The damage is repairable and you can definitely DIY. It won't be as cheap as you think though, especially if you can't do the paint / body work yourself. Hard to tell if the impact caused any frame damage, but you should assume it is when bidding on the car. Also, keep in mind that if the car was totaled you may have difficulty getting insurance and registering the car. Best of luck if you decide to proceed!

Old 05-20-2015, 12:54 AM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
The crash bar was untouched so I'm willing to bet the frame is still good. Besides paint, the labor will be easy. Parts alone will still be expensive though. Can't tell if there's any suspension damage from the pics.

Old 05-20-2015, 02:34 AM
Thanks for the encouragement guys, we'll see what happens. I don't expect it to be dirt cheap but I do expect it to be cheaper than buying a salvaged one from someone else. Plus if I do it I know the repair was done correctly and not off a come along and a redwood tree.
Yeah the suspension is the only one that has my slightest concern, it fairly looks to be a low impact speed but since they charge a stupid amount for labor at body shops it's easy to total out a car. Registration here is no big deal as long as it's restored back to stock. I'm always up for a challenge. I stupidly stuck my 240 into the back of a truck and I redid the whole front on that in a weekend and those are welded in core supports. Granted the parts were 1/40 the cost.
If you look closely in the engine bay picture you can see the frame rail and it looks to be unscathed but again this is based all on pictures. Good thing about registering a salvaged vehicle I don't have to worry about paint right away.

Old 05-20-2015, 03:04 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
At least the car has what appears to be new front tires... LOL. Usually G's show signs of inner tread wears within like 3 or 4K miles and it looks like the ones on that car have none.

Old 05-20-2015, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by partyman66
At least the car has what appears to be new front tires... LOL. Usually G's show signs of inner tread wears within like 3 or 4K miles and it looks like the ones on that car have none.
Even more money for me to save hahaha, I personally like a harder compound tire but that was after living in CA. Now living in the northwest I'm probably gonna have to go with a softer tire, which is lameee. I don't remember my 04 sedan wearing to fast but that was also over 7 years ago

Old 05-20-2015, 10:08 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
I like how they jus left the headlight on the ground

Old 05-20-2015, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by saywat?
I like how they just left the headlight on the ground
i know right..... hey man at least its there. thats one expensive piece. it would almost be worth buying a 2nd car that was just hammered in the back and swapping every thing from that.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:40 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Hope you can get this coupe at a good price! Watch our Marketplace for Washington members selling parts you need. Try bone yards for front ends and fenders, you could upgrade the headlights to '06 projectors if any yards in your area have them. Looks like a fun and worthwhile project...Gary

Old 05-21-2015, 01:35 AM
We don't have to many yards here that have nicer cars, downside of moving out of CA. Plus it's a headache to get it registered, any parts I buy from someone personally I need notarized and the VIN of the car the part came off for EVERY part that is purchased. They want to make sure I'm not getting stolen parts from a chop shop and all that crap. I'd like to get better aftermarket headlights because they're cheaper however that usually means they're not DOT approved and will cause me to fail inspection. A lot of hoops to jump through but I won't pay over 2.5k for the car, with a salvaged title I'll be looking at maybe 8k if I sell it. There's an easy 4k in parts (and no paint) from the dealer which I know will pass inspection with all my receipts I have to show them.