G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Coupe with Kayaks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2015, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coupe with Kayaks

After extensive research, I rolled the dice and threw two kayaks up on a Genesis Yakima rack system. Has worked so far with ZERO issues. Yes, I know I'm not the first with racks. No, I don't care if you think roof racks are dumb or ugly. I don't care if you don't think that it's structurally sound. I'm not "trying to be JDM". I like my car and I like to float.
Just throwing this out there for people who were curious if it was possible like I was. For the record, I was not able to find a single other image of another coupe with yaks ups top.

Old 07-02-2015, 07:09 PM
Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Never tried putting kayaks up there but as long as you got the rack there's no reason you can't! A lot of people hate on it because our cars "aren't meant for racks" or whatever or it's "rice" but if you're using it for the right reasons there's no reason not to have it. I'm pretty outdoorsy (live 30 minutes from Lake Tahoe) and for a period of time when I was living at my apartment, my G was the only car I had so I needed to make it work for all my hobbies. I got tired of always having to put my seats down and shoving equipment back there so I researched and got the Yakima Genesis setup as well. Used it for a good year and a half but now I've gotten a house and a few more vehicles, so my G has been relieved of having to haul stuff up.

I used mine for bikes and snowboards. This is the only pic I have of it right now.

Yesss she's super dirty in the picture. She gets that way after playing around in the snow

Last edited by dEnbOy.GFM; 07-02-2015 at 07:15 PM.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:36 PM
That's awesome! Gotta make it functional. The bikes are next. Unfortunately not close enough to snow.. The skis will have to stay on a bag underneath the plane but I'm jealous. Will eventually make this one strictly a "fun" car and have something bigger as a daily.

Old 07-03-2015, 02:04 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
anyone got a link to where i can get that roof rack??

i cant find any for the coupe!

Old 07-06-2015, 10:59 AM
Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Amazon, REI, most sporting good stores, will carry it.

Yakima Q towers with #46 clips and 58'' bars. I have a 50'' fairing on mine too. The rest is whatever you need to get for your gear.

Old 12-22-2015, 04:27 AM
Where to buy ?

Originally Posted by jastephe
After extensive research, I rolled the dice and threw two kayaks up on a Genesis Yakima rack system. Has worked so far with ZERO issues. Yes, I know I'm not the first with racks. No, I don't care if you think roof racks are dumb or ugly. I don't care if you don't think that it's structurally sound. I'm not "trying to be JDM". I like my car and I like to float.
Just throwing this out there for people who were curious if it was possible like I was. For the record, I was not able to find a single other image of another coupe with yaks ups top.

Hi I'm interested of the rack and do u know where to buy them. And I know g35 doesn't made for racks. How did u get yours fitted. Any info will appreciate it.

Old 12-22-2015, 04:35 AM
Sell

Originally Posted by dEnbOy.GFM
Never tried putting kayaks up there but as long as you got the rack there's no reason you can't! A lot of people hate on it because our cars "aren't meant for racks" or whatever or it's "rice" but if you're using it for the right reasons there's no reason not to have it. I'm pretty outdoorsy (live 30 minutes from Lake Tahoe) and for a period of time when I was living at my apartment, my G was the only car I had so I needed to make it work for all my hobbies. I got tired of always having to put my seats down and shoving equipment back there so I researched and got the Yakima Genesis setup as well. Used it for a good year and a half but now I've gotten a house and a few more vehicles, so my G has been relieved of having to haul stuff up.

I used mine for bikes and snowboards. This is the only pic I have of it right now.

Yesss she's super dirty in the picture. She gets that way after playing around in the snow

Just wondering if you wanna sell your racks ?? And where u buy them?