G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Misdemeanor 23109a

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 04:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Misdemeanor 23109a

Alright guys, Tuesday night I messed up big by racing. We were going about 60 in a 40 but CHP wrote down 35mph. He impounded our cars for 30days but he didn't arrest us. He also decided to get me infractions for rear taillights tinted, forward tint, and no front license plate. I haven't received any paper work nor has it been updates on La Superior Court website. What going to happen on my court date? And should I fight about the wrong speed limit? Thanks and don't bash on me, I know I messed up on something I shouldn't of done, just looking for some possibilities. Thanks!

Old 07-10-2015, 05:35 PM
Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Street racing huh? Putting innocent lives in danger? Tsk Tsk. There's tracks for this nonsense ya know.

But in regards to your question I would fight the 35mph issue. That's a clear and blatant lie if what your saying is true. I'm assuming they will revoke your license once all is said and done.

After reading it again you license may be fine but I'm sure a hefty fine may be issued.

Old 07-10-2015, 05:41 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
well after him giving you a break, and not arresting you, I would just take the lumps. Fighting it just seems llike bad karma all things considered.

Old 07-10-2015, 06:05 PM
Yeah I know, I'm not doing it again. Not only because of what happened but on what could've happened. I thought about fighting it, although he did let me go. I might ask them to amend the incorrect mph and maybe the fine would be less due to a lesser speed above the limit?

Old 07-10-2015, 06:45 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
60 in a 40 (assuming it was a 40) isn't THAT bad. I don't know the other circumstances of the situation but sounds a bit rough to impound you for that and label it street-racing. Were you guys still accelerating when he bagged you and was there a big smokey burnout and tires squealing off the line?

Most of the situations I've heard of where people got tagged for street racing were situations where someone was doing like 110 in a 65, or like 90 in a 35 with other cars also in the mix doing the same thing.

If you're willing to pay for a lawyer I bet you get it knocked down to a much less severe charge assuming you don't have a heavily checkered driving record already.

Lesson learned hopefully though. Good luck!

Old 07-10-2015, 06:53 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
The CHP officer wrote you for 35 mph in a 40 mph zone plus all the nit picky stuff including drag racing? Your largest expense is going to be the impound fees for the 30 days. You won't lose your license but your insurance may take a hit. Let our members know the price of being a dumb azz, we've all done it...that was my second ticket!
Gary

Last edited by gary c; 07-10-2015 at 08:52 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 07:45 PM
No screeching or any smoke it was from a 15 roll most likely and I started to let off the gas and step on the brake around 60ish and we were at a stop when he turned the lights on and pull us over. I think he was just being a jerk at that point when he started pointing out my tint, on the lowered car, he asked for me to pop the hood. He even insisted that my stock exhaust was aftermarket -__-
Originally Posted by partyman66
60 in a 40 (assuming it was a 40) isn't THAT bad. I don't know the other circumstances of the situation but sounds a bit rough to impound you for that and label it street-racing. Were you guys still accelerating when he bagged you and was there a big smokey burnout and tires squealing off the line?

Most of the situations I've heard of where people got tagged for street racing were situations where someone was doing like 110 in a 65, or like 90 in a 35 with other cars also in the mix doing the same thing.

If you're willing to pay for a lawyer I bet you get it knocked down to a much less severe charge assuming you don't have a heavily checkered driving record already.

Lesson learned hopefully though. Good luck!

Last edited by christopherv5; 07-10-2015 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:04 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
I'm confused, 35mph over the speed limit or just 35mph?

Old 07-10-2015, 10:10 PM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by christopherv5
Alright guys, Tuesday night I messed up big by racing. We were going about 60 in a 40 but CHP wrote down 35mph. He impounded our cars for 30days but he didn't arrest us. He also decided to get me infractions for rear taillights tinted, forward tint, and no front license plate. I haven't received any paper work nor has it been updates on La Superior Court website. What going to happen on my court date? And should I fight about the wrong speed limit? Thanks and don't bash on me, I know I messed up on something I shouldn't of done, just looking for some possibilities. Thanks!
Haha you got what you deserve dumbass.

Old 07-11-2015, 12:48 AM
Cool.
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Haha you got what you deserve dumbass.

Old 07-11-2015, 12:49 AM
It was 35mph Limit area. so i was going 20 over
Originally Posted by herrschaft
I'm confused, 35mph over the speed limit or just 35mph?

Old 07-11-2015, 01:44 AM
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
well a quick google search turned up this

A first conviction on a street racing violation means:
* Minimum county jail sentence of 24 hours and maximum of 90 days.
* Vehicle probably impounded for at least 30 days.
* Owner responsible for vehicle's towing and storage charges ($1,000 or more).
* If owner fails to pay, vehicle could be sold at a lien sale.
* Anyone who aids or abets a street race also faces a maximum 90-day jail sentence. Watching the races or the folks doing the stunts on bikes on public streets could cost you. Instead, take your car to a National Hot Rod Association-sanctioned track or drag strip (sears point), where you can race safely under optimum conditions and don't have to run from the cops or worried about someone shooting off their guns.

your lucky you didn't get arrested and have to spend the night in jail. but you are prob gonna look at a really hefty bill for the impound fees and the other infractions. just take it as a blessing you didn't kill yourself or anyone else and pay the bill. Next time hit the track its a lot cheaper.

Old 07-11-2015, 08:18 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
Hopefully daddy takes your car away.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:16 AM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Lesson learned. The little things might just be fix it tickets. Just pay the fines. Remember, going to jail looks a lot worse on your record than what you are dealing with now. Don't try and find a way out of it just play it smart, dress nice, be polite and if you ask nicely.. maybe they will let you go to traffic school?

Old 07-12-2015, 06:09 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
G35 6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by Deepdiver
well after him giving you a break, and not arresting you, I would just take the lumps. Fighting it just seems llike bad karma all things considered.
Yea but in some places they can take your car. The real answer here is to get a lawyer.

A while back when I had a cts-v I got a few reckless driving tickets (one for 83 in a 40). Lawyers got me out of all of them. But they cost $$$. As much as a weekend on a road course! It was after that third time that I just stopped driving like that on public roads.

Get a lawyer, learn your lesson and go to your local road course. ("Local" for me is ~1.5hrs away). It's way more fun, too. You'll actually get to go 100+ with out fear of tickets and more importantly you'll learn the cars braking distances from those speeds too (and how crappy the stock pads are, get track pads)

Last edited by tha_ape; 07-12-2015 at 06:14 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.