G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Fuses not working? Can anyone help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 12:24 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Fuses not working? Can anyone help

Hey community,

So my cigar lighter, power outlet and A/C-Heat are not working at all. I went ahead and bought a fuse checker and checked the fuses. It seemed liked all the fuses on the top row were not really responding. I started to replace them and the first one i replaced I checked with the multimeter/fuse checker and it still wouldn't light up with the new fuse on both sides.

The fuses on the bottom row seem to be working fine although but I'm not sure why the top ones are not responding. These are the fuses located near the driver's pedals.

Any information on this would help!

Thanks

Old 08-26-2015, 07:32 PM
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBay
Hey community,

So my cigar lighter, power outlet and A/C-Heat are not working at all. I went ahead and bought a fuse checker and checked the fuses. It seemed liked all the fuses on the top row were not really responding. I started to replace them and the first one i replaced I checked with the multimeter/fuse checker and it still wouldn't light up with the new fuse on both sides.

The fuses on the bottom row seem to be working fine although but I'm not sure why the top ones are not responding. These are the fuses located near the driver's pedals.

Any information on this would help!

Thanks
Not quite sure I understand how you are checking the fuses? did you remove the fuses and perform a continuity check on them with the multimeter? Can you post a picture of the tester you bought or at least post the manufacturer and model. Also, what model and year is your vehicle?

Old 08-27-2015, 12:14 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
All you need is a test light to check fuses. Turn the key on to power whatever your testing, touch both little metal contacts on the fuse, if the light lights up on both contacts it's good if only lights up on one it's bad,
If you have no power going to it you have a different problem and need to look at a diagram and see if where it gets power from.
Also check your grounds around the fuse panel.

Old 08-27-2015, 04:52 AM
To check the fuses I used a generic multimeter that i bought. I grounded it and tested the fuses. The bottom row of fuses seem to be working but the tops seemed to be bad. After changing a couple of the top fuses it still wouldn't light up on the multimeter. So I'm unsure what the next step is.

I don't think a better multimeter is needed as its already working on the bottom ones.

Old 08-27-2015, 05:08 AM
Going looking for the diagram, having a hard time so far. If anyone has had this problem it would help.