G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

bad turn and 4k later....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 03:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
bad turn and 4k later....

So lucky me was driving towards my girlfriends I was trying to make this light turning onto Hempstead turnpike from newbridge rd. I was going decently fast and my turn lost traction I spun back the other way and my front left tire slammed this double freaking curb thing.... bumper was a little screwed up but the mechanic said my WHOLE suspension on the front left is screwed, I torn my brand new stainless steel brake lines, control arms, knuckle, bearing. so far he said im looking at 4k.... seems a bit much it really wasn't that bad "to me" when I was driving it home it sounded like metal scraping the floor but there was nothing scraping.

Old 10-12-2015, 04:08 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
So.... you tore a brake line, suspension is bent & making scraping sounds, and you still drove this car?

If he's saying it's that much, just open an insurance claim.

Old 10-12-2015, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by LoSt180
So.... you tore a brake line, suspension is bent & making scraping sounds, and you still drove this car?

If he's saying it's that much, just open an insurance claim.
yah he is sending me an itemized list of everything now. Yah I didn't want to leave it and I wasn't that far from my house at all, I didn't really think it was that bad. With insurance..... im not listed as a driver its under my dads name so to list me as a driver and go thru insurance would be an extra $302 on top of my $150 im already paying.

I have 4 years left to pay on the car... $302 x $14,496 after 4 years or he said it $6,200 now to fix so idk if I should throw it on a cc and pay that off monthly. idk what to do im so upset and lost.

Old 10-12-2015, 04:46 PM
Premier Member

Insurance should cover the car, not the driver. Shouldn't hurt to call and ask (have your dad do it). Just sucks you're paying money for insurance you apparently can't even use. Are you 17 or something? Those premiums are atrocious, shop around, after getting your car fixed of course.

Old 10-12-2015, 04:50 PM
Insurance should cover the car, not the driver. Shouldn't hurt to call and ask (have your dad do it). Just sucks you're paying money for insurance you apparently can't even use. Are you 17 or something? Those premiums are atrocious, shop around, after getting your car fixed of course.
no im 21 and tried to go the cheaper route... stupid move. I figured 21 year old 06 g35 only 150 on insurance was golden. But my mom already tried to call and be honest say I swerved out of the way of a car or something while I was borrowing his car. He has a 50yr plan or something idk. Should I pay cc bill monthly or add myself on insurance?

Old 10-12-2015, 08:45 PM
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Sorry about your accident.

I'm about 8 years older... I just got out of my G, but have this advice: Get rid of it. I'd investigate insurance fixing it, then selling it. The insurance costs over the long run on this car may help justify the difference on a less sporty car.

Get a mazda or something. These cars are high maintenance and brought out alot of bad driving behavior from me.

Avoid debt as much as possible. If it's cheaper to get out of this car and into something else after four years, go that route. You have the rest of your life to get another G, or something else.

*puts on flamesuit #ThrowbackPostCloser

EDIT: And an alternative: Fix it yourself. The parts are on rock auto. Did it bent the frame? You can get all the associated parts for way less than 4k. Get some tools, take that thing apart. It's something I frequently did on my G. Tons of how to's.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:06 AM
Premier Member

I'd avoid debt as much as possible. Add yourself to his insurance or get your own, the car is nearly 10 years old, I don't see why it would be that much. I had a DUI in my early 20s and never paid more than $250/mo.

Plus one on fixing it yourself, especially if you do end up having to pay out of pocket. Check rockauto.com for the parts listed on the invoice when you get it.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:10 AM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
Tons of used parts out there to be had for cheap and DIY. I'd be surprised if you hit over $1k depending on damage.

Old 10-13-2015, 09:37 AM
Guys please see below tell me im getting ripped off plz.... Im going to start looking for parts now and call around to another shop.

Old 10-13-2015, 10:13 AM
so after looking on rock auto I def cut the price almost in half but still its a 4k job after labor and sheeeeet

Old 10-13-2015, 10:19 AM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
Little over a grand in parts...suspension components are not hard to replace. Hardest part will be busting rusted bolts if they haven't been touched. Like really, $1,090 for the cross member?! HAHAHAHAHA
Get yourself the Haynes manual and get crackin!

Last edited by VenomGT9; 10-13-2015 at 10:20 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-13-2015, 10:29 AM
Originally Posted by VenomGT9
Little over a grand in parts...suspension components are not hard to replace. Hardest part will be busting rusted bolts if they haven't been touched. Like really, $1,090 for the cross member?! HAHAHAHAHA
Get yourself the Haynes manual and get crackin!
im bring it to my buddy. I don't think I need all those parts. I was so mad when I looked it up and it was only $177.... like imma blow these people up

Old 10-13-2015, 12:17 PM
Premier Member

Damn, you messed that car up!

But seriously, without seeing the car, or at least detailed pics, we would have no way of telling if you're getting ripped off or if that's a good deal.

The only thing that stands out as obviously wrong is the new tire (wrong size, over priced) and the replacement wheels (again, wrong size) - since you said you have the base model 17" wheels. If you use aftermarket suspension parts from rockauto you can save a ton since those are OEM prices.

Old 10-13-2015, 12:40 PM
Damn, you messed that car up!

But seriously, without seeing the car, or at least detailed pics, we would have no way of telling if you're getting ripped off or if that's a good deal.

The only thing that stands out as obviously wrong is the new tire (wrong size, over priced) and the replacement wheels (again, wrong size) - since you said you have the base model 17" wheels. If you use aftermarket suspension parts from rockauto you can save a ton since those are OEM prices.
I don't have base model 17" they are oem 19" rays...

Old 10-13-2015, 03:08 PM
so good news... my buddy says half the shet on there I wont need =D

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: bad turn and 4k later....