G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Thinking about making my first G purchase. Could use advice!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking about making my first G purchase. Could use advice!

So I've been doing a **** load of research on the G recently and I admit I don't know much about cars haha.
The exact car I was thinking was the 06-07 g35 coupe. I have a few pretty random questions and I'd appreciate answers to any of em, thanks guys!
To start off I'll tell a little about me/my lifestyle: I'm a 21 y/o male and I do a lot of travelling around California visiting my friends in college (ex college student). I've wanted a car that was pretty nice but nothing too crazy haha

1. I'm sure this gets asked a lot but: coupe vs sedan [pros and cons of each?] Is the trunk space on the coupe really non existent and is it possible to customize it to make it a little bigger?

2. Do G owners get pulled over a lot? I don't mean individual drivers but when a cop sees an infiniti does he just go for it? I've heard they do idk why haha.

3. What's the price people actually pay for the 06 07 infiniti?

4. Is reliability an issue at all? I need something that won't be breaking down and won't kill my pocket every time I have to do something to it. I'm planning on buying one under 75k so how far could I expect it to go?

Again sorry if my car vocabulary isn't exactly great haha and thanks again In advance for any help.

Old 10-26-2015, 01:47 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Buy an 08 Z with the HR motor and brembo package.

Old 10-26-2015, 02:53 PM
Why a z over the g35?

Old 10-26-2015, 03:20 PM
Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by Xilithicalo
So I've been doing a **** load of research on the G recently and I admit I don't know much about cars haha.
The exact car I was thinking was the 06-07 g35 coupe. I have a few pretty random questions and I'd appreciate answers to any of em, thanks guys!
To start off I'll tell a little about me/my lifestyle: I'm a 21 y/o male and I do a lot of travelling around California visiting my friends in college (ex college student). I've wanted a car that was pretty nice but nothing too crazy haha

1. I'm sure this gets asked a lot but: coupe vs sedan [pros and cons of each?] Is the trunk space on the coupe really non existent and is it possible to customize it to make it a little bigger?

2. Do G owners get pulled over a lot? I don't mean individual drivers but when a cop sees an infiniti does he just go for it? I've heard they do idk why haha.

4. Is reliability an issue at all? I need something that won't be breaking down and won't kill my pocket every time I have to do something to it. I'm planning on buying one under 75k so how far could I expect it to go?

Again sorry if my car vocabulary isn't exactly great haha and thanks again In advance for any help.
1) i have 06 coupe and i feel that the trunk size is great for me. Ive got a 300p tool chest, car care stuff, and my passager side door panel in my trunk. Plus all the stuff for my air ride which is where my spare tire would.

2) the only reasons i have been pulled over is for speeding.

3) once i finish paying my car loan off ill have had payed 10k, roughly.

4) if you cant do the work yourself it can be costly. For me the only problems i have where that my coolet fans stop working which caused my rad to crack, needed new bushings, and a new window motor which is costing me 140 bucks because i cant a week for one to be shipped.

The following users liked this post:
Xilithicalo (10-26-2015)
Old 10-26-2015, 04:15 PM
Received 187 Likes on 140 Posts
1) Fold down the seats in the coupe if you need more room.
2) You will not get pulled over more than anyone else if you're obeying the laws.
3) Depending on condition and milage, prices can range between $6K-$18K.
4) The car is very reliable if it has been properly maintained.

The following 2 users liked this post by Deepdiver:
vincent potter (11-09-2015), Xilithicalo (10-26-2015)
Old 10-26-2015, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by Hogbone
1) i have 06 coupe and i feel that the trunk size is great for me. Ive got a 300p tool chest, car care stuff, and my passager side door panel in my trunk. Plus all the stuff for my air ride which is where my spare tire would.

2) the only reasons i have been pulled over is for speeding.

3) once i finish paying my car loan off ill have had payed 10k, roughly.

4) if you cant do the work yourself it can be costly. For me the only problems i have where that my coolet fans stop working which caused my rad to crack, needed new bushings, and a new window motor which is costing me 140 bucks because i cant a week for one to be shipped.
How many miles were on it when you purchased it? Thanks for the answer BTW didn't know if anyone' would reply or not haha. How much do you love it overall?

Old 10-26-2015, 05:44 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
The trunk on my 06 coupe has been just fine for me. As mentioned above, the back seats go down and you have the back of the trunk to the back of the drivers seat. My bushings and both my window motors have gone bad but I was lucky and my Infiniti Dealership replaced them under warranty.

Old 10-26-2015, 05:54 PM
Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
At your age, I would recommend the sedan over the coupe, if you can. the insurance savings alone would be significant for you. additionally, you'll have more flexibility in terms of configuring useable space.

also, sedans might be cheaper than coupes which may help net you a nicer car for the same price. I just bought an 06 sedan with 100k for $8k. while one could argue that I paid too much, I feel I paid fair market value considering what other similar g35s were listed for that were in far worse shape. while it has some cosmetic details that I can fix myself, it's mechanically solid, solid history, and passed an infinity dealer inspection which gave me peace of mind.

repair costs ate high, I'd you pay someone to do it. Thanks to this board, I was able to do a $800 quoted rear shock replacement for $100 and 2 hours of my time. this car is very straight forward and easy to work on, with the right information. good luck and let us know what you end up getting.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:08 AM
Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
How many miles were on it when you purchased it? Thanks for the answer BTW didn't know if anyone' would reply or not haha. How much do you love it overall?
116k and it had a small dent in the hood, im the second owner. Ive had almost 3yrs and i only put 20k miles on her. I love the design and the feel of the car. Id buy it all over again if i had too.

Old 10-27-2015, 08:53 AM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
If you find a G with less than 80k, plenty of maintenance records, and a decent price...you probably won't be disappointed. Insurance on the coupe sucks but to me it's worth it at the end of the day. As with everything in life, if you put in the effort and take care of it...they will last.

vincent potter (11-09-2015)
Old 10-27-2015, 11:09 AM
I Bought my 2007 G coupe 3 years ago With 37,000 miles I just passed 60,000 this morning and so far I love it! The trunk space is fine! It fits my golf clubs, fishing rods and rifles. I'm interested to see peoples testimonies on how there holding up with high mileage though. I'm considering keeping this car forever and paying it off if it can hold up to time. I think it can from what I've seen

Old 10-29-2015, 09:28 PM
Received 29 Likes on 29 Posts

If you really need more space, get the Sedan since the backseats/doors would be more useful for carrying a lot of things. For just basic things though, the coupe should be fine.

My suggestion, get an 06 Coupe with low miles and good maintenance records.

This all depends on your driving. No, you will not get pulled over more just because you drive a G35..

Varies on mileage and area, but expect $9-15K more or less

Reliability is good, granted the car is maintained properly. It will last easily 200K+ if you do all the routine maintenance

Old 10-30-2015, 01:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The best advice I can give is to do the following

1. Take your time... (Crucial)

2. Be willing to drive for the right one.

3. No salvage titles

4. Look for something preferably bone stock or very lightly modded.

5. The buyer's age and how many owners. Do you want something driven by a perfectionist enthusiast or some ricer kid?

6. You want full service records. The Infiniti dealership will have them.

7. Get it looked at a mechanic before purchase.

I picked up an 05' Ivory Pearl Coupe with 68k miles for $12,900. It was a fully loaded premium package with stone grey interior. It's pretty much flawless inside and outside.

You just gotta take the time and you'll find your babe! Don't compromise and get something that you truly don't want, or have a quiver of a doubt about!!

dukehotty (10-30-2015)
Old 10-30-2015, 11:23 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
That is the best advice. I'm glad I waited. I almost bought an 04 for too much. I found the perfect 2006.

Old 10-31-2015, 08:54 AM
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Xilithicalo,

You have been given some great advice already, patience is a virtue. I was going to recommend a manual -vs- an automatic. I love my automatic G, but deep inside I wish I would have purchased a 6 speed manual. No worries for me though, I have convinced my wife that she should drive my G and I have begone my search for that perfect 6 speed.

It's a Nissan product, reliability is outstanding. There are a few common problems that you will inevitably have to deal with eventually, so I hope you have some mechanical skills, or someone to help you out as labor costs with these common problems is what will hurt the most.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking about making my first G purchase. Could use advice!