G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

07 G35 coupe tottaled, need suggestions with selling parts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 03:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 G35 coupe tottaled, need suggestions with selling parts

Some Ahole in a stolen car hit my 07 G35 coupe on the driver side almost a month ago in a hit n run. (He took off on foot) I was ok without a scratch thanks to the side airbag likely but the car is a loss. The driver door is smashed in, my rear driver side tire came off with part of the axel attached along with the brake line, some other parts like shocks fell off but theyre inside the car right now. The rear bumper is almost falling off and the left taillight is cracked.

However all my parts under the hood are ok. There is frame damage so I dont want to get it fixed (Going to be very expensive) I had no full coverage for my car (yeah Im an idiot) and the detective told me the car had been reported stolen a week or more before the accident so the owner of the other car is not responsible.

My friends are recommending to sell the parts before having it taken to the junkyard. I have no idea what parts I should sell and how much I should get for them. Obviously the engine and transmission. The engine has about 45,000 miles on it. Automatic. Ill try posting pictures later on in this thread.

Old 12-18-2015, 03:40 PM
Car is pretty much stock. All Ive added to it was a spoiler

Old 12-18-2015, 03:53 PM
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Take pictures of the car (All sides of the exterior, interior and under the hood) with your username and date written on a peice of paper included in one of the pictures. Then create a part out thread to get a better response from users who need parts. Just search up the prices online of the parts that users want and give a reasonable price from there.

The following users liked this post:
Infinibull5 (12-18-2015)
Old 12-18-2015, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by JG_G35
Take pictures of the car (All sides of the exterior, interior and under the hood) with your username and date written on a peice of paper included in one of the pictures. Then create a part out thread to get a better response from users who need parts. Just search up the prices online of the parts that users want and give a reasonable price from there.
Thanks for the reply, Ill be doing that shortly. My car is at the shop right now (awaiting for an estimate) but most likely Ill be bringing it back soon. Only have a few pics right now but don't have one of inside the hood yet.

Old 12-18-2015, 05:34 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Damn... that sucks. Too bad nobody grabbed the other guy or you didn't have a chance to snag him and beat him yourself.

That guy deserves a serious skull cracking. He steals a car and destroys yours with it and gets off Scott free while you end up having to pay for an accident that wasn't your fault. Makes me mad just thinking about it.

Old 12-18-2015, 05:39 PM
Yeah if I ever find this pos I would beat bash his skull with my baseball bat.Im going to attempt to contact the detective again to see how the case is working out right now since its a hit and run crime.

Old 12-22-2015, 10:36 AM
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Ohh man... so sorry to hear about this. That is just unreal.. so if a car is reported stolen for x amount of time and gets into an accident, the owner is not responsible. The loop holes that can leave one saying life is unfair really are crazy sometimes. The one thing I learned, shop around for a body shop. I just had to get a new fender and some odd and ends done, (just got the car back a couple days ago) I ended up paying 1k (cash) for everything. Other shops were quoting 3,500. Make some calls or stop by some shops and don't be afraid to tell them of your situation.

Old 12-23-2015, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by LI-G35Driver
Ohh man... so sorry to hear about this. That is just unreal.. so if a car is reported stolen for x amount of time and gets into an accident, the owner is not responsible. The loop holes that can leave one saying life is unfair really are crazy sometimes. The one thing I learned, shop around for a body shop. I just had to get a new fender and some odd and ends done, (just got the car back a couple days ago) I ended up paying 1k (cash) for everything. Other shops were quoting 3,500. Make some calls or stop by some shops and don't be afraid to tell them of your situation.
I took it to a body shop where the guy is a friend of my uncle. He said it will cost me about approx 5k to 6k. If I take it to another body shop it would come out to like at least 8k.

Do you guys think I should just go with the repairs? Or just sell it without repairs. As I might of said already, there is frame damage, gotta have the rear bumper replaced, the driver side door replaced, new shocks/axle/tire on rear driver side.

Old 12-23-2015, 05:19 PM
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
If it's gonna cost you 5-8k I'd suggest you sell it as is or part it out. That's way too much to pay for repairs since the value of the vehicle will now be less than or about the same of what you're going to pay to fix it.

Old 12-24-2015, 12:34 AM
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
It all depends on how much you like the car. I have 94k on my coupe. Whats it worth, 8k, maybe a bit more. With the Borla exhaust I put on in September (exhaust was shot and needed to be replaced) rims, the double din kit, the new calipers, rotors, pads, shocks, etc I just put on plus the 1k at the auto body shop and the new front and rear bumper I will put on in the spring plus having the drivers seat reupholstered I figured I am in for it for 6500. I have plenty of cash and can go buy more or less any car I want in cash but when I look at the Lexus', the Audi' I don't see any cars that are truly superior or worth spending the cash on so I choose to put some money into this car (I only put about 7k miles a year on it so a car to me is not worth running out and buying the latest model. I would rather have that money in the bank, stuff around the house, a boat, whatever your interests are.

So to answer your question, I would fix it but that's me. I would fix it and you have a great car that is really up there with the rest of the newest cars on the road (as far as I am concerned). But that is me.....