G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Navigation question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 08:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Navigation question

Hey guys sorry if I'm doing this wrong and should be posting some where else, I'm new to the forum. But I'm going to cut to the chase because everyone seems pretty reasonable and chill on here. I just bought an 05 G35 coupe black with only 45k original miles and she's beautiful. A 67 year old lady drove it so it's mint. But anyway I was wondering if there's an aftermarket nav replacement. So I don't want the oem I want something newer or maybe even just an lcd up there to play movies and stuff which I've seen but I searched stuff on the page and seemed to be lost on what to look for. I didn't know if someone has made an aftermarket retrofit modern nav that can replace the old nav or just a screen to do what ever with. Thx guys!

Old 04-13-2016, 09:08 PM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Congrats on the new car.

My suggestion is just to use your cell phone for GPS. It's not worth the money in my opinion to install a big expensive unit in a car like this (especially given its age), when every modern phone from the past 8 years can navigate more accurately at a fraction of the cost and is also portable for use amongst multiple vehicles. Expensive electronics just make your car more likely to be broken into. Maybe consider spending that money on performance mods might end up being more enjoyable in the long run.

Free Safety Tip: don't watch movies and TV while driving.

The following users liked this post:
Brendon Gerry (04-13-2016)
Old 04-13-2016, 09:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I hear ya. Well the thing is. I hate the gps that's in there now it's ugly. And I want to install subs. So I wasn't sure as to the best way to do that. I know there the Jdm double dash but I think it would be ascetically pleasing to get the old gps out and replace it with something modern as to I want to make a show car.