G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Whats this called

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 11:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whats this called

Hello all,

I have done some research and google but i have NOT been able to find out what this damn thing is called. I have an 04 coupe with Navigation, and the Navigation dash above my glove department is getting flimsy AF. I live in Texas, and I do have a window shield (to block out sun). Anyway, I am trying to find a thread to fix my navigation dash. Or at least try to purchase a new one as the ends of the navi dash are flaring up due to excessive heat..Is there anyway to apply super glue to it and fix or? or am I SOL?? I am very OCD about my car and I want to see if I can adjust it. Any help is appreciated.

Old 04-20-2016, 12:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonford
Hello all,

I have done some research and google but i have NOT been able to find out what this damn thing is called. I have an 04 coupe with Navigation, and the Navigation dash above my glove department is getting flimsy AF. I live in Texas, and I do have a window shield (to block out sun). Anyway, I am trying to find a thread to fix my navigation dash. Or at least try to purchase a new one as the ends of the navi dash are flaring up due to excessive heat..Is there anyway to apply super glue to it and fix or? or am I SOL?? I am very OCD about my car and I want to see if I can adjust it. Any help is appreciated.
Same thing happened to my mine. Super glue worked for me

Old 04-20-2016, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by bkjoseph25
Same thing happened to my mine. Super glue worked for me
Did you have to tear the whole thing off? and then re apply it? mines not that bad, but the heat is effecting this area,

Old 04-20-2016, 02:50 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Can you post a picture of what you're talking about? It sounds like you're describing the center box upper lid, sometimes called an upper glove box. If you didn't have Nav, there would be another storage space under the lid. I've seen an 04 with the covering peeling off before.

Can probably just pick one up from a junk yard or car-part.com.

Time to tint your windows and use that sun shade every time you park outside.

Old 04-20-2016, 02:55 PM

Driver side vinyl is peeling rip

doesnt look too bad now, but during the day, both ends puff up really bad, and I try to stick my thumb down on both ends, but they keep raising

I do have navigation, so its not another glove box dept.

Old 04-20-2016, 03:21 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
The cover itself is the same regardless of if you have navigation or not. The FSM calls that the "center box, upper lid" - or a junk yard will simply call it the upper glove box lid.

For the door, you can try to glue that back into place, or pick up a replacement interior door panel.

Old 04-20-2016, 06:57 PM
Originally Posted by LoSt180
The cover itself is the same regardless of if you have navigation or not. The FSM calls that the "center box, upper lid" - or a junk yard will simply call it the upper glove box lid.

For the door, you can try to glue that back into place, or pick up a replacement interior door panel.
I wouldnt want to replace the upper lid just yet, as I just purchased the car about a month ago. Right now, I am looking to see if there is a way to glue it back together, but have not seen any DIY on it. Do G riders just let the upper lid go to crap and never fix it? I would think there would be a way to at least glue the end parts so it doesnt flare up? I am about to rip this thing open and glue it haha

Oh and the tint is DEF coming soon. The only windows that arent tinted are the driver and passenger windows...=/