G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

What's The Best Suspension Setup ???????????

Old 05-06-2016, 07:56 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
What's The Best Suspension Setup ???????????

Old 05-06-2016, 10:49 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
This is like asking what's the best oil, exhaust and gasoline! You're going to get six dozen opinions and you still will need to make up your mind. I believe coil overs are the best if you intend to lower your ride! BCs are be good I've never head or seen any negative comments about them. Coil overs give you the option of adjustable ride height which springs will never do. Along with those you'll need a complete camber kit front and rear so you're not eating your tires. I've used SPL's for years for their quality and adjust ability. So you'll corner without very little body lean sway bars (Stillen) are a great idea along with Power Grid adjustable end links to keep everything tight without breaking. Factory links are weak and will snap easily! Hope this answers your question, you can count on several other opinions.
Gary

Old 05-06-2016, 11:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ with that said I will state my opinion that "hella flush" and overly cambered cars are dumb"

But that is purely subjective and you should explore why you want to lower it? Looks, performance, a blend of both? Do you DD the car? Etc etc

IMHO, our cars already look fantastic but they do need a modest drop and remember it's a GT car, not a ballistic missile.

Old 05-06-2016, 02:25 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Sweet thread. Really funny

Old 05-06-2016, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
I mean the picture would've been cool in the wtf thread.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
This is like asking what's the best oil, exhaust and gasoline! You're going to get six dozen opinions and you still will need to make up your mind. I believe coil overs are the best if you intend to lower your ride! BCs are be good I've never head or seen any negative comments about them. Coil overs give you the option of adjustable ride height which springs will never do. Along with those you'll need a complete camber kit front and rear so you're not eating your tires. I've used SPL's for years for their quality and adjust ability. So you'll corner without very little body lean sway bars (Stillen) are a great idea along with Power Grid adjustable end links to keep everything tight without breaking. Factory links are weak and will snap easily! Hope this answers your question, you can count on several other opinions.
Gary
Good lord, I just thought this picture was funny. I already have my idea of the setup I like.
Might be a good thread to list the mods to get this or that and the problems of each and how to fix problems that arise with each type.

Old 05-06-2016, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by Throwing20s
^ with that said I will state my opinion that "hella flush" and overly cambered cars are dumb"

But that is purely subjective and you should explore why you want to lower it? Looks, performance, a blend of both? Do you DD the car? Etc etc

IMHO, our cars already look fantastic but they do need a modest drop and remember it's a GT car, not a ballistic missile.
Kind of agree with this , I get the desired affect by switching springs to 350Z , gives that slight drop without throwing the geometry into a tail spin.
Improves the stance without skinning the body kit on every little hill and dale.
I think the G looks great with the C Sport kit and modest drop.
Kind of like the Do Luck kit on a 350Z , not over the top but still stylish.

Old 05-06-2016, 10:37 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
I knew jers would like this thread. Haha