G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Ac clutch fell off and ripped my fan connector off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ac clutch fell off and ripped my fan connector off

Non stop problems, now my ac compressor clutch broke off and broke my fan connector off and cut the cable, this car is far the worst car I have owned, is there any cheap fix maybe putting the clutch back on? I don't want to spend anymor on this car because as of now I just want to get rid off it or total it, it's a coupe with 92k on it, please I need your advice, the fan fuse is blown as well I guess that happen when the cable got cut

Old 05-06-2016, 11:29 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Don't know what you intend to accomplish here. I have never heard of an AC clutch just falling off, they are bolted on the front of the compressor . When you say fan cable are you talking about the wiring harness on one of the fan motors? Are you in an area where they heavy salt the roads and everything under the car is rotten ?
If you are any good with soldering wires or you have a friend that can, you might can splice the wires back . Be sure and use shrink wrap and tape wrap all the wires good to keep water out. Otherwise a complete motor replace on that fan. Not a surprise it blew a fuse, easy to replace.
Now as for the AC, unless the bolt backed out, well it broke off and that could be a big problem. You will have to extract it, probably something a mechanic will have to do and they would rather replace the compressor I bet, not a cheap fix. Compressor could have locked up making the clutch sheer the bolt, you will have to replace the compressor.
Fix the fan motor , easy fix , so the car doesn't over heat and let someone who services AC see what happened with the compressor.
You can trade for a brand new car, any brand, and stuff can brake right away, why they have warranty's, hell man you could fix this latest problem with your coupe and it may not have another problem for another 92K and then you might be saying damn man this is the best car I ever owned.
I just had to replace the whole engine on my 2011 Escape because the #1 cylinder bottom end failed and it shouldn't have, it only had 165K on it damn it. Car runs great now and I'm off to put another 165K on it with the 67 mile hour drive to work.

The following users liked this post:
Tylko Kazik (05-07-2016)
Old 05-07-2016, 09:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thx for the response, I am not trying to accomplish anything just saying. But to get to the problem, I have already fixed the harness going to the right fan motor, unfortunately I couldn't just buy a plug and pig tail it because the clutch broke off the acuall connector on the fan motor just leaving the 4 pins sticking out. I have soldered the cables andwrapped the wires, all i need to do is get a new fuse to test the right fan. I am going to my friends shop today to see if I can simply put the bolt back in with the guy wheel if it's not stuck, I just found a post from 2011 someone had the same thing happen. I know what you mean about the whole new car thing, owned 4 Nissan and this one is just keeps going lol, Thanks for the help
here is the link my ac looks exactly the same and i have the clutch but not the bolt . thx again for the help

I will add a picture of my clutch later

Last edited by Tylko Kazik; 05-07-2016 at 09:38 AM.
Old 06-14-2016, 04:04 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Did you ever bolt yours back on? My AC Clutch fell off last week. I heard 2 metal piece hit the ground. I'm assuming it was a washer and the actual bolt. I have my clutch with me though since the undertray saved it. I am attempting to just bolting it back on. Did you have any success?

Old 06-19-2016, 10:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Anyone find an answer? I'm dropping my car off sometime this week and would like to know if it can just be bolted back.

Edit:
Was able to bolt it back on. It was a 6mm bolt. Cheers!

Last edited by garfield; 06-22-2016 at 09:25 PM.