G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Why does the G35 community seem so cheap?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 06:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Happens to every community to some degree....well perhaps not the Ferrari crowd...

Besides the obvious change in demographic and their disposable income, some younger guys lack the objectivity, and the ability to decipher opinion vs quantifiable facts...like the mindset of "Aftermarket is always an upgrade", so even the cheapest ebay coilovers is an "upgrade" just because it's height adjustable...go figure

Also, there is the feeling of invincibility. Some younger guys don't worry about the danger associated with low quality parts. So the cheapest tires, or some old used tires that have been sitting in the dark corner of a warehouse for god knows how long, is ok as long as they pass inspections. Where as for the older and more established people, there's too much to lose if safety is compromised.

Old 05-24-2016, 06:27 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
honda civic prices=honda civic crowd unfortunately.
I'll elaborate here.

This is really an issue of the "type" of person that buys the G now (and as of the last few years). I think the problem is that it looks good out of the box and when it was $40k only people who give a **** about things could afford it. Now, the garbage humans can afford them, and garbage people always want everything for nothing. And just like their house, their bodies, their livelihood, and pretty much everything else they involve themselves with, it turns to garbage cuz they aren't interested in maintaining anything. Simply washing the G regularly and changing fluids is all you need to really do to keep it looking good and running well, but thats too much for some.

So they get something fun and cheap at a Walmart price and treat it like a Walmart item. They raid the Walmart auto customization aisle and then just smoke cigarettes in it and expect it to just continue to look and run well without doing anything to it or spending anything on it.
Name:  IMG_20150416_131319.jpg
Views: 942
Size:  164.8 KB

The reason I say it's an issue of the 'type' of person (the civic crowd as Jersey stated) rather than the mentality that "oh I only spent $6k, why should I care?" Is that I'm the kind of person who takes care of everything I own regardless of the items cost. I used to have a truck I bought for $1200 and that thing was in better condition than a lot of cars that would have cost 10x that, cuz I give a ****.
Name:  3357558895_8b967a2df3_z_1.jpg
Views: 880
Size:  160.3 KB

Old 05-24-2016, 09:51 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
its all about pride and money.
people that have pride in their car will mean that will show. maybe use cheap parts upfront until they can afford something more but still keep it classy and proper while others have the money to do it right from the start.
Others however have no pride in their cars and rice it out this can be done with alot of money too. like those lifted G's with 26 inch spinners we have all seen.

I have had my G for 3 years and finally have some money to put some parts in it, wash it all the time and try to keep it proper to my ability. btw OP im in ATL also.

Old 05-25-2016, 02:40 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by Lolik0
people that have pride in their car will mean that will show. maybe use cheap parts upfront until they can afford something more but still keep it classy and proper while others have the money to do it right from the start.
Others however have no pride in their cars and rice it out this can be done with alot of money too. like those lifted G's with 26 inch spinners we have all seen.

I have had my G for 3 years and finally have some money to put some parts in it, wash it all the time and try to keep it proper to my ability. btw OP im in ATL also.
I appreciate your sentiment, but no, money is not an issue. As I said, this car looks great out of the box. If you don't have the money to mod correctly, just enjoy your stock G35. But I guess millennial trash feels like they have the "right" to do what they want. Hopefully they total enough of these cars to keep mine looking more and more fresh.

The following users liked this post:
Tyke420 (05-25-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 03:36 AM
Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
^ I always love it when you elaborate Scragglerock. Your always on the money.! Then you always got those kids that argue with you always gives me a good laugh.. Thanks again for your wise words..

Last edited by Tyke420; 05-25-2016 at 03:45 AM.
Old 05-25-2016, 03:54 AM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
its like a bunch of highschoolers in the Z/ G scene now. what do you expect

Old 05-25-2016, 05:16 AM
Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
Well hopefully less of them in the years to come.

Old 05-25-2016, 05:55 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Lolik0

Cool. What part of town?

While I think he was a bit harsh, I have to agree with scraggle here. "Cheap parts up front" is a terrible idea. Just leave it alone, imo. They should only mod when they have a real job.

As far as pride, plenty of people do stupid things to their cars that they really ARE proud of & that they think looks/works "proper" (my neighbor with low output eBay/depo headlights on his Z33, for example), but that doesn't mean it shouldn't have been left alone.

IMO, it's less about pride & money & more about ignorance & money.

Guys that have spent $50k modding a civic to 400hp & a widebody - THAT'S pride & money (just poor taste, imo ).

Old 05-25-2016, 09:13 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by Tyke420
Well hopefully less of them in the years to come.

If it's anything like what I've seen before, this will definitely happen.

The G37's or Q50's will drop in price, and that will become the next Honda Civic. It's only a matter of time before the depreciation brings them into the range that someone who can only afford an $8-10K car can actually buy them. So people will move on, and what you will have left will be a very small niche crowd of true enthusiasts.

Maybe another 5-7 years or so.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:04 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
If it's anything like what I've seen before, this will definitely happen.

The G37's or Q50's will drop in price, and that will become the next Honda Civic. It's only a matter of time before the depreciation brings them into the range that someone who can only afford an $8-10K car can actually buy them. So people will move on, and what you will have left will be a very small niche crowd of true enthusiasts.

Maybe another 5-7 years or so.
Can't wait for this to happen.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ofc people dont want to spend top dollar otherwise they wouldnt of bought a G35 in the first place they would be on the lambo owners forums ect not here.

we are here to buy upgrades cheap as we can

Old 05-25-2016, 10:20 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
[/URL]
there are two trucks in the picture. you said you had "a truck"
please advise.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:27 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by g35wheels
ofc people dont want to spend top dollar otherwise they wouldnt of bought a G35 in the first place they would be on the lambo owners forums ect not here.

You do understand there's a cost of ownership difference between a G35 & a Civic, right? If you want to do things "as cheap as you can", you need to look for a car that's cheaper to own/upgrade. The G is a nice middle ground (believe it or not, there's something between dirt cheap and Lambo!), not the highest end of performance, but IMO, shouldn't be skimped on like so many Hondas out there.

Old 05-25-2016, 10:27 AM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
Originally Posted by g35wheels

who is we?

Old 05-25-2016, 10:42 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
I certainly am not looking to buy things as cheap as I can if it means sacrificing quality.

If I need a new headlight for my '06. I'd rather pony up the $600 for a new OEM unit, vs buy a cheap $150 aftermarket light. I'm a firm believe in you get what you pay for.

The following users liked this post:
Blue Dream (05-31-2016)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why does the G35 community seem so cheap?