G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Why does the G35 community seem so cheap?

Old 05-25-2016, 10:46 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by zcherub
Cool. What part of town?

While I think he was a bit harsh, I have to agree with scraggle here. "Cheap parts up front" is a terrible idea. Just leave it alone, imo. They should only mod when they have a real job.

As far as pride, plenty of people do stupid things to their cars that they really ARE proud of & that they think looks/works "proper" (my neighbor with low output eBay/depo headlights on his Z33, for example), but that doesn't mean it shouldn't have been left alone.

IMO, it's less about pride & money & more about ignorance & money.

Guys that have spent $50k modding a civic to 400hp & a widebody - THAT'S pride & money (just poor taste, imo ).
Im up north near suwanee/buford.

And yea you and Scraggle got a point. Its kinda how some people are ok with a metra double din and others will pony up for jdm. and why i have yet to get my DD cuz i wont dare put a metra kit in my car.....

Old 05-25-2016, 10:48 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Lolik0

And yea you and Scraggle got a point. Its kinda how some people are ok with a metra double din and others will pony up for jdm. and why i have yet to get my DD cuz i wont dare put a metra kit in my car.....
Nice - My office is in Suwanee (I live in Lawrenceville). I'll keep an eye out for your G

Old 05-25-2016, 12:56 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts

Yes. Just leave it stock. Just leave Brittany alone!

Old 05-25-2016, 12:58 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
there are two trucks in the picture. you said you had "a truck"
please advise.
I have actually had multiple trucks. In the pic, mine is the one way back by the barn.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:04 PM
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Why does the G35 community seem so cheap?

While I agree quite completely with what everyone has said so far. The only thing I'll say is not ALL highschoolers are the ones who cheap out and do it the wrong way. It really depends on how you were raised and value cars, if that makes sense. I mean I'm in highschool and my G was never riced out and I never put any "cheap" mods or whatnot on my G. but then again I was raised in the car scene helping my old man work on his '48. or at least he let me believe I was helping.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Mignav01
While I agree quite completely with what everyone has said so far. The only thing I'll say is not ALL highschoolers are the ones who cheap out and do it the wrong way. It really depends on how you were raised and value cars, if that makes sense. I mean I'm in highschool and my G was never riced out and I never put any "cheap" mods or whatnot on my G. but then again I was raised in the car scene helping my old man work on his '48. or at least he let me believe I was helping.
There's always the exception.

There should be more kids leaving their Gs/Zs the hell alone & more 40 year olds modding them, IMO

Old 05-25-2016, 02:35 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
We were all 16 once.

What sort of mods were you doing on your cars at age 16? I can remember one I did. Autozone tint that turned purple 6 months later!

Old 05-25-2016, 02:58 PM
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5
What sort of mods were you doing on your cars at age 16?
None if I couldn't afford to do it using quality parts. As a user above said, not all high schoolers are dumb enough to throw aluminum Chinese parts on their cars.

Old 05-25-2016, 06:53 PM
I will admit my car has korean rims... it was the previous owner. I will get volk TE37's once the other mods support the sizes i want. havent found stock rays at a reasonable price near me yet. also deciding if its worth it since they would just be temporary anyway

Old 05-25-2016, 08:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by zcherub
You do understand there's a cost of ownership difference between a G35 & a Civic, right? If you want to do things "as cheap as you can", you need to look for a car that's cheaper to own/upgrade. The G is a nice middle ground (believe it or not, there's something between dirt cheap and Lambo!), not the highest end of performance, but IMO, shouldn't be skimped on like so many Hondas out there.
lol i know this but if i can get me a SC for 2-3k with low milage on ofc i will go for this rather than paying 6k for new
iv spent around 40-50k on my g35 2004 and will probly spend more but ofc we go cheap all day

i spend around 1 month shopping around for rims to get the best price on some forgiato navaja-ecx

Old 05-25-2016, 08:10 PM
i think the point is that being thrifty for good parts and waiting is fine even if they are used the issue is cheap/knockoffs instead of just waiting on good items

Old 05-25-2016, 08:43 PM
i think the point is that being thrifty for good parts and waiting is fine even if they are used the issue is cheap/knockoffs instead of just waiting on good items
This. Not sure what wheels up there is struggling to understand...

Old 05-25-2016, 08:48 PM
I will admit my car has korean rims... it was the previous owner. I will get volk TE37's once the other mods support the sizes i want. havent found stock rays at a reasonable price near me yet. also deciding if its worth it since they would just be temporary anyway
I wouldn't lose any sleep over that. Nothing you can do about previous ownership. Not like you intentionally riced your car out. They might even look good in spite of being way too heavy.

Honestly, I'd deal with them until I got my "final" wheels. No point in using Rays as a band aid!

Last edited by zcherub; 05-25-2016 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:57 PM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
i hate how the ghetto honda ricers have successfully migrated over to the g35 since its so cheap now

Old 05-28-2016, 02:22 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
As poor people get their hands on these cars they will bastardize them. I've already spent a good portion of purchase price on the car in restoring it.
$800 for new seat leather (genuine Infiniti Leather done by a very reputable restoration shop).
$1000 new suspension parts (Ball joints, Control arms, bushings, Rear shocks, etc)
$1000 new high performance tires
$1200 (Strup Headers, Kinetix HFC, Stillin Intake, Spacer, E3 Plugs, Z-Tube)
And probably another 1k overall in random maint.
$150 Changing all Lights to LED, new HID Bulbs
$250 New Headlights

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why does the G35 community seem so cheap?