G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Why does the G35 community seem so cheap?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 02:24 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
i hate how the ghetto honda ricers have successfully migrated over to the g35 since its so cheap now
Plenty of ricers always owned the G35's tbh. Since I went to college in 2008 there were riced out 350z's and G35's everywhere. Today it seems the 350z's have completely gone to crap and are mostly owned by idiot kids and huge ricers.

Old 05-28-2016, 02:34 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
its not cheap getting my G to this State.Name:  045-16.jpg
Views: 3491
Size:  159.2 KB[/URL]

Old 05-28-2016, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by Lolik0
its not cheap getting my G to this State.[/URL]
Go figure how its a 954 area code so its like 30 miles from here.

Old 05-28-2016, 09:49 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Jimster480
As poor people get their hands on these cars they will bastardize them. I've already spent a good portion of purchase price on the car in restoring it.
$800 for new seat leather (genuine Infiniti Leather done by a very reputable restoration shop).
$1000 new suspension parts (Ball joints, Control arms, bushings, Rear shocks, etc)
$1000 new high performance tires
$1200 (Strup Headers, Kinetix HFC, Stillin Intake, Spacer, E3 Plugs, Z-Tube)
And probably another 1k overall in random maint.
$150 Changing all Lights to LED, new HID Bulbs
$250 New Headlights
Sounds like you cheapd out on those $250 headlights I can't get a good set for under $650...

Old 05-28-2016, 10:58 PM
Normal price was 250 a side. It was a year end clearance sale and then I had an additional 10 percent off Amazon coupon and then my credit card had 5% back.
They had a sale for 350 both sides and then basically 15 percent off of that or something of the sort. I guess it was closer to 300 but it was housing only. So I re-used my wiring and HIDs, etc.

Old 05-28-2016, 11:38 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Normal price was 250 a side. It was a year end clearance sale and then I had an additional 10 percent off Amazon coupon and then my credit card had 5% back.
They had a sale for 350 both sides and then basically 15 percent off of that or something of the sort. I guess it was closer to 300 but it was housing only. So I re-used my wiring and HIDs, etc.
So, you cheaped out on headlights. Haha those are not OEM. You reused your wiring, but you got reflector garbage repros made with cheap plastic and seals OR you got some riced out garbage aftermarket projectors made with garbage plastics and seals. That's cool tho, cuz you build race cars, so you're probably right about your headlight choice.

Also, $1000 for a complete suspension overhaul is..well..cheap too.

Old 05-28-2016, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
So, you cheaped out on headlights. Haha those are not OEM. You reused your wiring, but you got reflector garbage repros made with cheap plastic and seals OR you got some riced out garbage aftermarket projectors made with garbage plastics and seals. That's cool tho, cuz you build race cars, so you're probably right about your headlight choice.

Also, $1000 for a complete suspension overhaul is..well..cheap too.
Well I've had my headlights for 2 years now and they are perfect. It wasn't OEM but it's one of the better after market ones. I do my research on everything I buy. These had alot of reviews too from people claiming they had them for 3-5 years and that they never leaked or yellowed.
But I am not worried, one of my buddies made it to parts now at Nissan so I can get some OEMs at a good price if/when these ever fail.

In terms of suspension parts... Well I used OE brand stuff for everything that is sold.
I replaced an axle with a used axle off of a low mileage G35 and replaced a wheel bearing with a Japanese made one from a highly regarded bearing company (probably the OEM for that too).
My shocks in the back were replaced with Tokiko Blues (which are the OE shocks just with Nissan logos) and changed my ball joints with the best rated ones (since Nissan doesn't sell ball joints specifically).
The only actual after market parts I used were the rest trailing/camber arms and now it squeaks after almost 2 years. So those will be replaced with OE ones too which are currently in the mail.

So I know you are butthurt because you have 6k posts but don't know a damn thing, but go try to troll somewhere else. Because you will just continue to get rekt by following me around.

Old 05-29-2016, 02:19 AM
Well I've had my headlights for 2 years now and they are perfect. It wasn't OEM but it's one of the better after market ones. I do my research on everything I buy. These had alot of reviews too from people claiming they had them for 3-5 years and that they never leaked or yellowed.
But I am not worried, one of my buddies made it to parts now at Nissan so I can get some OEMs at a good price if/when these ever fail.

In terms of suspension parts... Well I used OE brand stuff for everything that is sold.
I replaced an axle with a used axle off of a low mileage G35 and replaced a wheel bearing with a Japanese made one from a highly regarded bearing company (probably the OEM for that too).
My shocks in the back were replaced with Tokiko Blues (which are the OE shocks just with Nissan logos) and changed my ball joints with the best rated ones (since Nissan doesn't sell ball joints specifically).
The only actual after market parts I used were the rest trailing/camber arms and now it squeaks after almost 2 years. So those will be replaced with OE ones too which are currently in the mail.

So I know you are butthurt because you have 6k posts but don't know a damn thing, but go try to troll somewhere else. Because you will just continue to get rekt by following me around.
Haha "my headlights are perfect". Care to post a pic? I'd love LOVE to see some perfect eBay lights from ya. Of course you've never produced any proof for anything I have asked for thus far, so I won't hold my breath, cuz if I did I may start to suffer from what the medical community calls "Jimster480 brain damage".

So, it's funny how you're saying you're using "OE brand stuff" but not actual OE. That's real cute. "Got a bearing from a real reputable company" and "the best rated ball joints" (which is bs, cuz I know you didn't spend $500 on what are actually the best adjustable ball joints for our cars)..meanwhile not divulging any real info. Guess you just expect us to take you on your word that you know what you're talking about cuz you claim to build race cars. Hilarious.

Also, as far as your axle, any race car builder knows not to use previously owned suspension parts, so I really can't take you seriously. Did they not teach you that in racecar building school or are you just too poor to buy a new axle?

Ok, so now on to the camber arms..? You didn't say what brand those were, racecar builder. Wait, they're failing after two years? I thought you researched heavily all the parts you buy?? So you found garbage lights that have no problems after 3-5 years but couldn't find rear camber arms that had proper adjustment and could last more than 2 years..? Fukc, man you're like a miracle worker AND a retarded tadpole at the same time. I've never seen anything like this..

Last edited by ScraggleRock; 05-29-2016 at 02:25 AM.
Old 05-29-2016, 02:41 AM
Haha "my headlights are perfect". Care to post a pic? I'd love LOVE to see some perfect eBay lights from ya. Of course you've never produced any proof for anything I have asked for thus far, so I won't hold my breath, cuz if I did I may start to suffer from what the medical community calls "Jimster480 brain damage".

So, it's funny how you're saying you're using "OE brand stuff" but not actual OE. That's real cute. "Got a bearing from a real reputable company" and "the best rated ball joints" (which is bs, cuz I know you didn't spend $500 on what are actually the best adjustable ball joints for our cars)..meanwhile not divulging any real info. Guess you just expect us to take you on your word that you know what you're talking about cuz you claim to build race cars. Hilarious.

Also, as far as your axle, any race car builder knows not to use previously owned suspension parts, so I really can't take you seriously. Did they not teach you that in racecar building school or are you just too poor to buy a new axle?

Ok, so now on to the camber arms..? You didn't say what brand those were, racecar builder. Wait, they're failing after two years? I thought you researched heavily all the parts you buy?? So you found garbage lights that have no problems after 3-5 years but couldn't find rear camber arms that had proper adjustment and could last more than 2 years..? Fukc, man you're like a miracle worker AND a retarded tadpole at the same time. I've never seen anything like this..
Your trolling is very very very very very very pathetic.
I bought some Random ebay trailing arms and took a chance on them since the vendor I was ordering the rest of the suspension parts from didn't have any more trailing arms in stock and I was going to leave my car with a friend to do the work while I was on my trip.

The brands I didn't post are the ones I don't remember.

Amazon.com: Infiniti G35 Skyline 35GT Coupe OE Replacement HID Type Headlights Driver/Passenger Chrome Head Lamp: Automotive Amazon.com: Infiniti G35 Skyline 35GT Coupe OE Replacement HID Type Headlights Driver/Passenger Chrome Head Lamp: Automotive

These are the headlights I have.

As far as the headlights.... https://scontent-mia1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...ac&oe=57E6ECF5

Since you are such a fail troll, enjoy getting rekt.

There is literally no issue ever using used suspension parts off of other vehicles as long as they are in good condition. There is no issue ever using used axles either.
In the racing world this stuff is commonplace.
Even at dealerships they use refurb/used parts as long as the client is Ok with them (usually with no warranty obviously).

This is the vendor I bought the wheel bearing from.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Premium-...ZXRKlq&vxp=mtr

This one is similar. The box it came in (which I just went to look for) shows on the actual part that its made by Nachi of Japan.

http://www.nachi-fujikoshi.co.jp/eng/jik/

I have used bearings like these before for race cars for high HP applications and never had issues, they are also OEM's for some auto mfg's so who knows, maybe its the OE mfg.

You can go to sleep now little boy, its past your bedtime.

Old 05-29-2016, 04:10 AM
Haha the way you wish and wash all over the place is literally just..like nothing I've ever seen. "I research heavily EVERYTHING I buy...except my camber arms..those I just take a chance on eBay parts".

"The parts I didn't list are all the parts I don't remember where I got them..but here're some links"

"I build race cars and rotational mass has nothing to do with whp...ok, well maybe it does, but not that much".

Keep digging your hole, bud. GET REKT! Hahahahahaha everyone is laughing at you just so you know. Your pride is gonna keep you talking tho even tho you sound like a huge idiot.

"Thanks for the laughs" they'll say, with a wink and a nudge. You are indeed as dumb as you seem. Maybe Dumber. Get rekt.

Old 05-29-2016, 04:15 AM
Received 484 Likes on 430 Posts
Those OEM replica lights look great. Def a worthy alternative to OEMs. I'd rock them.

The following users liked this post:
Jimster480 (05-29-2016)
Old 05-29-2016, 04:33 AM
Haha the way you wish and wash all over the place is literally just..like nothing I've ever seen. "I research heavily EVERYTHING I buy...except my camber arms..those I just take a chance on eBay parts".

"The parts I didn't list are all the parts I don't remember where I got them..but here're some links"

"I build race cars and rotational mass has nothing to do with whp...ok, well maybe it does, but not that much".

Keep digging your hole, bud. GET REKT! Hahahahahaha everyone is laughing at you just so you know. Your pride is gonna keep you talking tho even tho you sound like a huge idiot.

"Thanks for the laughs" they'll say, with a wink and a nudge. You are indeed as dumb as you seem. Maybe Dumber. Get rekt.
you are talking about everyone laughing at me, yet you are the only one following me around making a fool out of yourself.
It was already proven that rotational mass won't do much for WHP and that the "gains" to be had on most vehicles are within margin of error.

I do research everything that I buy, but since I ran out of time to order something.... I decided to take a chance with a set from eBay. Which actually is a great place to get actual OEM parts from distributors and dealerships, often much cheaper than your local dealership.
When I was going to replace the suspension parts I did research on aftermarket brands, OEM replacements, aftermarket "upgrades", etc.
I chose OE mfg's or the best rated alternatives for everything.
Amazon.com: Mevotech MS30500 Lower Suspension Ball Joint: Automotive Amazon.com: Mevotech MS30500 Lower Suspension Ball Joint: Automotive
These are the ball joints I got, they are perfect as they have to be greased with a gun. So they sit fine and seal up.
I think I have ~10k on them now and so far no issues. I wouldn't waste money on adjustable ones when I'm not going to be doing any suspension modifications.

Old 05-29-2016, 09:50 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Considering two engineers proved that he was right & you & I were incorrect (although you never acknowledged it) on the weight/whp thing, maybe ease up a bit?

I'm super leery of knockoff parts as well ($7k in upgrades and mods in the last 18 months alone), but I'm willing to give this guy the benefit of the doubt & assume he can tell quality from trash since he schooled us both last time. Either way, it's his car, so no big deal.

The following users liked this post:
Jimster480 (05-29-2016)
Old 05-29-2016, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by zcherub
Considering two engineers proved that he was right & you & I were incorrect (although you never acknowledged it) on the weight/whp thing, maybe ease up a bit?

I'm super leery of knockoff parts as well ($7k in upgrades and mods in the last 18 months alone), but I'm willing to give this guy the benefit of the doubt & assume he can tell quality from trash since he schooled us both last time. Either way, it's his car, so no big deal.
Schooled? Hahaha hardly.

Let's, just for the sake of this particular argument, say the the WHP increase is as negligible as possible; it is STILL an increase. I never said anything about how much you would yield especially from any single modification. Let's then assume that our G35driver "engineers" agreed that it was negligible so much so that you want to say I'm being "schooled". We would then have to assume that this link to a HotRod magazine publication is also being "schooled".

http://://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engi...ower-increase/

But by all means, you must be smarter than the actual dyno proven results.

Old 05-29-2016, 06:38 PM
Schooled? Hahaha hardly.

Let's, just for the sake of this particular argument, say the the WHP increase is as negligible as possible; it is STILL an increase. I never said anything about how much you would yield especially from any single modification. Let's then assume that our G35driver "engineers" agreed that it was negligible so much so that you want to say I'm being "schooled". We would then have to assume that this link to a HotRod magazine publication is also being "schooled".

http://://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engi...ower-increase/

But by all means, you must be smarter than the actual dyno proven results.
Since obviously you didn't spend much time reading this... Its done with a v8 and shows a reduction in flywheel weight from 30lb to 10lb, which as I said in the other thread is the biggest "bang for the buck" when it comes to increasing acceleration since it is directly attached to the engine and its unsprung weight.
But it depends completely on the setup
I suggest you read this here to understand where you stand, because you are wrong just as you were wrong in the other thread.
The amount of crap that you suggested to do was beyond useless, and I called you out for being beyond useless.
Things like lightweight pulleys, AC delete, light driveshaft, light brake rotors, etc.... they all do NOTHING to make power as they are all within margin of error.
Notice how a 30LB to 10LB setup gained 22HP in a corrected setup of a 300RPM and 600RPM increase per second test.
Notice how the power is affected by the speed that the engine "accelerates" meaning that the flywheel increased lower "gear torque" over everything because in the higher gears it has less of an affect since the engine is accelerating slower through those gears.
Also notice that the amount of power gained was less than 10% overall in the BEST CASE scenario but required a 2/3 weight reduction to achieve this gain.

Based on the science shown in the link I just provided, this would translate to a whopping 1-2WHP gain in cars like ours which is well within margin of error.
If the car was manual and a lightweight flywheel was installed, it would show a similar gain in lower gears of a bit under 10% gain vs a heavier flywheel.

But understand that it reduces inertia and can affect your launching power when putting the power quickly to the floor as when you "drop the clutch" per say the inertia in the flywheel has to be transferred through the drivetrain.

Its okay to admit you are wrong, you don't have to continue being a total idiot and digging your hole deeper.
http://www.w8ji.com/rotating_mass_acceleration.htm

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why does the G35 community seem so cheap?