Need New Parts, Help Please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 01:57 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Ivory Pearl G35 Coupe
Need New Parts, Help Please!

Good morning,
My G35 6MT coupe is making a lot of weird noises. I'm sure it needs some replacement parts. I just don't know what to get. I'm not looking to make it faster or improve performance, I'm just looking to make it run properly. Here are what I think the issues are

Clutch:
When I push the clutch pedal all the way down it makes a weird grinding noise. Also, last week someone cut me off forcing me to down shift to a low gear to help slow down faster and a huge spring fell out of the pedal. The pedal still works fine, I'm not sure were that spring came from. If I have to replace the clutch, what would be a good replacement for OEM, and is this something that can be done without a car lift, if not how much would a clutch replacement usually cost?

Exhaust:
When I crank up the car, it idles really high, and also makes a rattling noise until it warms up. I think it may be the exhaust. Is this common? Does it need a cat replacement?

Brakes:
Had my oil changed at the dealer 3 weeks ago and he told me I needed new rear brake pads. The rear squeaks whenever I brake.

I'll post vidoes of the sounds tomorrow for the exhaust and clutch. Main questions:

Clutch: Good OEM replacement, common cost to replace.
Exhaust: Good OEM CAT replacement
Rear Brake pads: Good OEM replacement.

Thanks.

Here's the video...the exhaust sound is at the beginning and the clutch is near the end, sounding kinda like a dog growling.

Last edited by Jyounya; 07-07-2016 at 12:06 PM. Reason: Adding Video/Sound
Old 07-10-2016, 10:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
if your going to replace the clutch upgraded it to a better one thats what i am going to do samething for the brakes

Old 07-10-2016, 10:57 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Locate an Independent brake/alignment shop in your area for most of your needs!

Let's begin with your brakes, you should have replaced those rear pads when your mechanic told you they needed replacing! Depending on how many K miles you've driven you may have caused the rotors to need replacing,,,that's only a couple hundred $$! Exhaust rattle can be caused by something as simple as a cat converter cover needing to be welded...not replaced! Before you go out and replace your clutch have your mechanic replace that spring and go from there. OE clutches and throw out bearings cost different prices depending on your location $600 - $800 unless you have the Stealership do the job then expect considerably more!
Gary

The following 2 users liked this post by gary c:
Jyounya (07-12-2016), _Ghost_G35 (07-10-2016)
Old 07-12-2016, 10:12 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Ivory Pearl G35 Coupe
Rear brakes are still drivable, they're getting replaced tomorrow morning.

The springs came off the clutch pedal assembly. I thought it'd be better to just replace the whole clutch pedal assembly, so I bought a new one...should be here soon.

With the clutch noise...my car revs up to about 1500 rpms whether hot or cold on start up and takes about 2-3 minutes to get below the 1000 rpm mark. I noticed if I wait for the rpms to get below 1000 there is no noise when the clutch pedal is being used. The car is pushing 160k and I don't think the clutch has ever been replaced. Might be a good idea to replace it anyway. I'll take your advice and see if the new pedal changes anything...if not then I'll have to consult a shop for clutch replacement.

thanks.