G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 Rev Up Engine Oil Consumption... what are my options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 05:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G35 Rev Up Engine Oil Consumption... what are my options?

I am the owner of my second 2005 G35 cope 6MT, after my last one was hit by a drunk driver. I loved the car so much I bought it again. But lately, I heard a rattling noise at startup and decided to take it in. They had told me my car was consuming oil, because I've had all oil changes done thru Nissan and they've checked my levels regularly. They advised me to drive 2000 miles and bring it back to confirm this, which I did. I am no being told I need a new engine, which my '100 percent extensive' warranty which I paid 3k for, is refusing this cover. This is they Easycare Totalcare warranty by the way. They are telling me that since it is a condition in my engine, the condition being carbon buildup around piston rings, and not a broken part, that they can't cover my engine replacement. So now my car is sitting in a shop with no engine, a full warranty that refuses to cover the engine, all my maintenance records since I bought the car, and Infiniti'a knowledge of this oil consumption issue, but no one willing to do anything about it.

What have you guys with OC issues done to get engines replaced? What would you guys suggest I do? Frankly I think it is unacceptable that there is no recall from Infiniti on this engine issue. I have done everything I can to baby my car, and still run into these problems. Warranties refuse to fix this issue as well. Not what I would expect from a 'luxury company with high satisfaction'. I love my car and all; but come on Infiniti...

Old 07-21-2016, 07:06 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Scams & try using your dip stick!

I have advised members for 10 years not to buy aftermarket warranties because they're a scam. Only one you can count on is Nissan's factory warranty! Noise at start up? Are you aware that our VDC makes a grinding noise at start up which means it's engaging and not an issue? OC is easy to spot if you check your oil dip stick once a week! You can never be 100% sure after getting an oil change that Nissan put all five quarts in unless you check it yourself, they're almost human!
Gary

Old 07-21-2016, 09:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gary c
I have advised members for 10 years not to buy aftermarket warranties because they're a scam. Only one you can count on is Nissan's factory warranty! Noise at start up? Are you aware that our VDC makes a grinding noise at start up which means it's engaging and not an issue? OC is easy to spot if you check your oil dip stick once a week! You can never be 100% sure after getting an oil change that Nissan put all five quarts in unless you check it yourself, they're almost human!
Gary

Well guess I just got screwed out of 3k plus an engine... and I do check my dipstick, I was aware of OC, and.I brought it in due to this. If I didn't put in a quart every 750 miles or so a weird noise occured. Am I just **** out of luck?? I can't afford a new.engine and my cars just sitting in the shop):

Old 07-21-2016, 10:07 PM
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by MilesToInfiniti
Well guess I just got screwed out of 3k plus an engine... and I do check my dipstick, I was aware of OC, and.I brought it in due to this. If I didn't put in a quart every 750 miles or so a weird noise occured. Am I just **** out of luck?? I can't afford a new.engine and my cars just sitting in the shop):
Can you work on your own car? I mean you can tear down the block and replace all gaskets and clean everything up in there, but you'd need to be pretty confident in your skills.

Old 07-21-2016, 10:28 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
what's your mileage? do you have any oil leaks? what type oil and weight are you using?

Old 07-22-2016, 12:52 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Originally Posted by MilesToInfiniti
Am I just **** out of luck?? I can't afford a new.engine and my cars just sitting in the shop):
From what Nissan mechanics have told me since it's been such an issue with some of our engines, it's the poor quality oil rings causing OC not carbon buildup like you warranty company claims. Compression test would prove the oil ring situation! If you could get that in writing you may be able to sway that dishonest warranty company...good luck!
Gary

Old 07-22-2016, 02:27 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
As Gary mentioned earlier, those extended warranties from 3rd party companies are almost always a scam and not worth it. Even if they paid up like they were supposed to in the event of a failure, most of the time you've already spent more money on the extra warranty than the repair cost would have been anyways. Why pay for a new motor or new transmission up front that you most likely won't need anyways? Plus if you wreck the car in an accident before the extended warranty kicks in or is over, they are getting off basically scott free without having to pay anything.

It's actually complete BS that they won't cover your motor repair anyways. The failure wasn't a preexisting condition (usually this can be a reason for claim denial if you filed a claim a few days to a month after buying the policy or they can prove that the problem was already there prior to the policy going active). I wonder what they would have done if you hadn't tried to make a claim already and just continued to drive the car until the motor blew completely... topped up the oil level and then filed the claim?

The cheapest thing to do at this point would be to buy a used motor and drop that in there.

Last edited by partyman66; 07-22-2016 at 02:35 AM.
Old 07-22-2016, 07:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by gary c
Gary
^^^^^^^

What he said

Never purchase a warranty from a third party.

The Infiniti Elite Warranty may cost more but it covers almost everything without a hassle.

I received a phone call from an a$$hole from this company a few days ago

https://www.callercenter.com/954-601-2600.html

We got into a shouting match when I began asking him pointed questions and he hung up on me. I was about to tell him to go fvck himself

Telcoman

Old 07-27-2016, 12:46 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by telcoman
I was about to tell him to go fvck himself

Telcoman
I wish you would have and then shared his response with us. That would have been epic.