G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My paint work, body upgrade & accident repair saga is finally over! Pics here:

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 10:32 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
My paint work, body upgrade & accident repair saga is finally over! Pics here:

Okay, so months ago I noticed that my hood was looking kind of rough - paint was fading. I decided to get it repainted, and at the same time, thought I'd go ahead and snag a Karuma bumper and Shine Auto Impul side skirts to go with it. The plan was to get them all painted at once and have a nice, fresh looking G in a week or so.

Parts coming in:

PlaBKLl.png:NOOO

And then this happened....

Guy blew a red light and got me pretty good.

After doing battle with the insurance co. and getting updated quotes from my body guy, I started pulling things off to minimize a little of the prep work my body guy had to do.

After MORE fighting with the insurance company by myself AND the great folks at my body shop, I start getting pictures trickling in of the work finally making progress!

And then finally pics of all the parts painted installed and all the repair work done. Just needed a good detail/buff at this point:

All in all, I had the following items done:

-Repair damage to quarter panel, door, side skirt, rear bumper and wheel from accident.
-Repaint hood and front fenders where faded (blend with rest of car).
-Install new Karuma Z front fascia, Impul side skirts, and grille - paint where applicable.
-Refinish headlights (were starting to get a hint of that "foggy" look around the edges
-Repair an old rust spot on the corner of the fender that hadn't been repaired properly by the previous owner.
-Replaced eBay side maekers previous ownee had on there with OEM/JDM clears
-Good detail

And here it is post detail:

De-badged the "infiniti" letters:

Shot of installed side skirt:

More shots after picking it up:

Thanks to Rod at Z1 for the help through the process & Jason at Mundy’s Collision for the great work!

Old 07-22-2016, 11:21 AM
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
Wow man the G looks beautiful, glad to hear everything worked out in the end, are you dropped? Maybe some spacers for the wheels and I think you'll have a perfect G

Old 07-22-2016, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by Mignav01
Wow man the G looks beautiful, glad to hear everything worked out in the end, are you dropped? Maybe some spacers for the wheels and I think you'll have a perfect G
Thanks man - appreciate it!

Not dropped. Probably snagging coilovers from Z1 late this year/early next, then I'll pick some new/wider wheels if I can find some roughly as light as the Rays. Might look into wheel spacers in the meantime as I agree it would look better for now. Just not a fan of extra weight...

Window tint is next in the super short term plans, though.

Old 07-22-2016, 04:08 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Looks great! Congrats!

Old 07-22-2016, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by dukehotty
Looks great! Congrats!
Thanks!

Old 07-23-2016, 09:31 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Wow! Great job, even the paint matches! Nice looking coupe with a few perfect mods!
Gary

Old 07-23-2016, 02:16 PM
Originally Posted by gary c
Wow! Great job, even the paint matches! Nice looking coupe with a few perfect mods!
Gary
Thanks, Gary! I've never done "show" mods so this was fun... But looking forward to more go fast mods next time (did intake, plenum spacer, test pipes, cat back + tune last time, and it's fun to have a FASTER car instead of just a prettier one ).

Old 07-24-2016, 08:22 PM
Anyone know how to change back to the mobile version of the site?

Anyway... Here are a few "before" pics I forgot to post (mostly from right after I got the intake/tune/exhaust done at Z1):

My paint work, body upgrade & accident repair saga is finally over! Pics here:-i1qubcz.jpg

Old 07-24-2016, 11:48 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Originally Posted by zcherub
Anyone know how to change back to the mobile version of the site?
On your phone, scroll all the WAAAAAAAAAY to the bottom of the page, and there should be a big horizontal bar that has a clickable link called "View Mobile Site."

But I think the new app works better for me; I haven't used the mobile site in a long time.

Old 07-25-2016, 07:26 AM
Originally Posted by G2B35AGN
On your phone, scroll all the WAAAAAAAAAY to the bottom of the page, and there should be a big horizontal bar that has a clickable link called "View Mobile Site."

But I think the new app works better for me; I haven't used the mobile site in a long time.
Sweet - thanks! Was looking at the top of the page and in settings - didn't think to look all the way down there...

Old 07-26-2016, 10:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Car looks great! Is it an '06? and is that an OEM spoiler? Just curious, because mines an '04 and I'm starting to notice the subtle changes Infinite made from year to year on our cars. I like that new front bumper a lot. Looks like it could be factory original - but much better lines. Grill looks clean too - so far I don't hate my OEM grill so I may never change that out, but the one thing that I would consider dropping some money on are projectors. Thing is, my original headlights still look pretty clear. Sometimes I'm too practical. Anyway, looks like you're doing it right. I think I'll make yours a template. Now all I need is mo' money!

Old 07-26-2016, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Rocketdog
Car looks great! Is it an '06? and is that an OEM spoiler? Just curious, because mines an '04 and I'm starting to notice the subtle changes Infinite made from year to year on our cars. I like that new front bumper a lot. Looks like it could be factory original - but much better lines. Grill looks clean too - so far I don't hate my OEM grill so I may never change that out, but the one thing that I would consider dropping some money on are projectors. Thing is, my original headlights still look pretty clear. Sometimes I'm too practical. Anyway, looks like you're doing it right. I think I'll make yours a template. Now all I need is mo' money!
Thanks man. Yep, it's a 2006. OEM spoiler. They did change it from previous years - I actually thought about removing it altogether while it was in the shop but decided to keep it for now.

The projectors are great, but I wouldn't put them above a plenum spacer, exhaust, suspension or other things that actually help performance. Look for used ones in classifieds here maybe?

Good luck with your projects!