G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Functional rear difusers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 10:59 AM
Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Functional rear difusers

Looking for some options/ideas for a functional rear diffuser for the G35 coupe OTHER than the Mastergrade/TS and Nismo diffusers. I have the option of using the OEM rear, or I have a Chargespeed rear that took some damage in a wreck that I can use. Anyone have any photos of custom setups on a G, or possibly something that can be purchased that most people may not have heard of? Preferably on a G so I can reference sizes and such.

Tossing around the idea of opening up the rear like this to help not catch air in the massive booty of the G. Yes I'm aware this has the Mastergrade/TS style diffuser. I haven't been able to visualize this on a G, and tried photoshopping it but didn't come out right.

Last edited by 2one8; 10-25-2016 at 11:07 AM.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:57 PM
Received 110 Likes on 72 Posts
G35 Coupe
Hi there, I've done a considerable amount of work with the front end of the car and front end aero and have started looking at tackling the rear next, so I can offer some suggestions. One of the nicest and simplest setups ive seen done for the G thus far has been a custom diffueser done by a Powerhouse Amuse client. Sadly I have only one picture, but it looks like he used something akin to Alumalite plastic core panels.

Last edited by Row2k; 10-25-2016 at 02:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
2one8 (10-25-2016)
Old 10-25-2016, 02:00 PM
Received 110 Likes on 72 Posts
G35 Coupe
Also I would shy away from the mastergrade / TS diffuses. Those really have no real functional benefit. If you would like to see examples of well designed diffuses take a look at some of the cars running around WTAC in the lower classes, not too crazy, but functional.

Old 10-25-2016, 04:21 PM
Received 46 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Row2k
Hi there, I've done a considerable amount of work with the front end of the car and front end aero and have started looking at tackling the rear next, so I can offer some suggestions. One of the nicest and simplest setups ive seen done for the G thus far has been a custom diffueser done by a Powerhouse Amuse client. Sadly I have only one picture, but it looks like he used something akin to Alumalite plastic core panels.
Thanks for the photo. I do like the idea behind that one. Not too much going on but still functional. It also appears they have a full under body skid plate, which I have also thought about doing but didn't think it would be worth the work since I don't get competitive, just HPDE events.

I have looked at other cars, but I like seeing things on the application I'm working with.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.