G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Cooling system problem guys, please help.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2016, 08:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cooling system problem guys, please help.

Ok, so here goes....I hit a deer a while ago and it messed my fender and light up a little bit but all was fine, I gradually work on the repairs as the car is parked. One day I decided to drive it to my gf's parents...I left it idling for about 1 1/2 minutes and when I come out it's smoking like all hell. I panic and jump in and turn it off real quick but shortly after my radiator explodes. I get a new radiator....all is well right? Wrong. I drive it and all is well until I sit at idle and it overheats....I think to myself no biggie just gotta keep it rolling till I can get new fans because they're dead. I think to myself, maybe the thermostat is keeping the fluid from the sensor to kick them on. I change it, it was all corroded and nasty. Now it does fine at idle but gets hot while driving?! The fans are still not kicking on at idle though. I just ordered new fan motors and coolant temperature sensor. Anybody else have any clue on why it's overheating? Only idea I have left is water pump I even bled the air out

Old 11-11-2016, 04:44 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
First of all, DO NOT DRIVE THE CAR AGAIN until you completely fix it. I can't even imagine a radiator exploding but I bet it wasn't pretty. With coolant all over the motor there's no telling what might have been affected. Start with replacing the whole fan assembly after you go through every inch of your motor and clean off any coolant you find. You could have damaged the alternator, any number of sensors/connectors and who knows what else. When everything's all cleaned up and replaced bleed your system again to make sure you've gotten all the air out. The G is the most difficult car I've ever owned to bleed correctly and I'm 54. Good luck!!

Old 11-11-2016, 10:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the reply! The g's are awesome cars but man are they a pain sometimes lol. I'm pulling her into shop tomm, due to busy lifestyle at the moment small progress should be expected but any and all, good or bad I will post. I looked everywhere for post that described my issue but came up empty handed. Hopefully I can help someone by posting if anyone ever ends up with the same issue lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.