G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Overheating

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2016, 05:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Overheating

Hey everyone,
So I have an 03' coupe with just about 80K miles on it. I replaced the thermostat about a year and a half ago and it's been since. Recently I have noticed that when I'm on the highway, temperature is good. I get off and it goes up a notch. Then I start driving and it goes back to normal. I went to the gas station one day and right when I was pulling in, it went up to about 3/4 of the temperature gauge. I parked it home for a week and my brother and dad looked at it. We let it idle for about 20 mins and it didn't go up. Then we put it in drive and it starts to climb and go back down and climb again. We let it run for about 30 mins and they said that there are no signs of the engine overheating. No smells, the heat coming off wasn't the temperature of an overheating engine, fans come on, coolant is being ran. My dad said hes never seen this before. Anyone have any advice on this? I'd greatly appreciate it

Old 11-21-2016, 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check if there are no air inside the coolant lines.
SOmetimes when replacing the thermostat or something like that, there remains some air bubles stuck inside the coolant lines, that can cause light overheat, check too if all the fans are turning ON when needed, sometimes the one that goes for the radiator may turn on but the one for the A/C wont.

Old 11-21-2016, 05:15 PM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
I don't think there is air if it's been over a year. Maybe you have a faulty coolant sensor?

Check the radiator cap temperature raises with PSI. Maybe hook up a odb monitor to see what coolant is reading at.

Old 11-21-2016, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Dallsinghjr1
Anyone have any advice on this? I'd greatly appreciate it
Air in cooling system
Replace radiator cap
Replace coolant
Defective thermostat?
Monitor coolant temperature

Name:  Actron2.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  37.1 KB

Telcoman

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.