G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

How to Adjust the headlights without taking bumper/front apart ?

Old 12-24-2016, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to Adjust the headlights without taking bumper/front apart ?

Hey everyone, so i just recently purchased my 2006 G35. It's regular low beam lights are awfully too low for the vehicle. My car is all stock, but the previous owner, or even the owners before that probably adjusted the headlights lower or just never messed with it. The lights are extremely low and you literally can only see 1 car in front of you, if not a little short of that. So as I got some feedback off the page here I went to go check on my vehicle and adjust it, just to notice this big chunk of plastic blocking the 8mm socket. So I could't make way or find room to adjust it at all. I'll show some pictures here, and the picture of the help i was getting from a user on this forums

The pictures below with the arrows show the 8mm adjustment to my headlights.
And the plastic cover that is unremovable is in the way of the adjustment, a socket, an extension, wrench isn't able to get to it.
So do I have to take a part my whole bumper/front to just adjust my headlights? Or what should I do guys. Some assistance Thanks, and let me know if your car has that same plastic cover blocking your headlight adjustments.

ps. I was going to message PhXBlue who I was getting help from when I saw his comment on a section of the forums about adjusting headlights, but he has since been inactive 2 years ago.

Attached Thumbnails How to Adjust the headlights without taking bumper/front apart ?-g35l1.jpg   How to Adjust the headlights without taking bumper/front apart ?-g35l2.jpg   How to Adjust the headlights without taking bumper/front apart ?-g35l3.jpg   How to Adjust the headlights without taking bumper/front apart ?-g35l4.jpg   How to Adjust the headlights without taking bumper/front apart ?-g35l5.jpg  

How to Adjust the headlights without taking bumper/front apart ?-g35l6.jpg   How to Adjust the headlights without taking bumper/front apart ?-g35l7.jpg   How to Adjust the headlights without taking bumper/front apart ?-g35l8.png  
Old 12-24-2016, 11:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
http://psedog.com/cars/fsm/g35/
It may be adjusted from outside. It it's not fun. Some of us remove the wheel liner, turn the wheel, and adjust from the back. I'd recommended that. It sounds like your bulb fell out though, TBH.

Old 12-25-2016, 12:15 AM
my bulbs didn't fall out, but i fivured the only other way to get to adjusting the low beam lights was taking off the front bumper, all the plastic in the front to get to it that would take some
time. was looking for a faster way to get to it without having to do too much work. but wither way i'll be needing to adjust it so just looking for the best way to get to it.
does ur car have that cover in front of the low beam headlights as well?

Old 12-25-2016, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Read what I mentioned man. Move wheel liner out of the way, turn wheel, adjust headlight.

Old 12-25-2016, 11:53 PM
I was able to adjust my low beam headlights without removing any parts. i just spent more time trying to mess with it with a longer 8mm socket anf was able to adjust it bit
my bit. Thanks for the support.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.