G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Another P0305 problem is this a sign of coil?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another P0305 problem is this a sign of coil?

Hi guys I've been searching around the forum about getting this code which says its something about misfire in cylinder #5 but I have a stranger problem that I haven't seen anyone else have which is that I have absolutely no power throughout the car at all.

Two days ago I left my car at a friends house since I boozed too much and when I went to pick the car up I started it and it began to rough idle and flashing SES like everyone else. I ran the OBD2 and it gave me that code so I erased it.

The next day i turn it on warm it up and everything seems fine. When I got to my destination I parked the car and turned the car off and tried to turn it back on since all the lights went out when i turned it off.

Nothing in the car works now, windows, no lights on the dash nothing.

I have no mods in the vehicle and its high mileage.

Is this normal?

Old 01-18-2017, 02:51 PM
Update : two to three hours later the car starts just fine. No ses no rough idle nothing.

Going to test the battery for giggles even though I doubt it

Last edited by Vince0422; 01-19-2017 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-18-2017, 07:29 PM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Trust me, the misfire will be back. During the time I was driving the car to my mechanic to get it fixed it misfired the first half of the ride and then was fine the second half. It's a superfine line between normal and misfiring.

Did you read me thread on the 0301 code? It was the coilpack.

Old 01-19-2017, 06:39 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
People listen up. For anyone having an electrical related issue such as this ALWAYS test your battery correctly. Infinitis and Nissans are notorious for having all sorts of gremlins pop up when the battery starts to fail. If it tests fine then move on to other possible causes........./rant

Old 01-19-2017, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
People listen up. For anyone having an electrical related issue such as this ALWAYS test your battery correctly. Infinitis and Nissans are notorious for having all sorts of gremlins pop up when the battery starts to fail. If it tests fine then move on to other possible causes........./rant
Agreed!

I find it so amazing that so many driving older vehicles with very old battery's have no clue in regards to automobile battery's and refuse to perform a simple battery test with a $10 battery hydrometer.
Many fail to even mention the year, model, and age of the present battery,nor do they even mention whether they have checked or topped up with distilled water.

Name:  Battery%20half%20charge_4950_zps9db3c4v4.jpg
Views: 1003
Size:  58.5 KB

When one or more cells fail to show a full charge, replace the battery before going any further and requesting help on a website.

Telcoman

Old 01-19-2017, 09:20 AM
Blue Dream and Telcoman I think you're right, I might have found the problem.

Update: After I drove it and parked it, I turned off the car the same thing happened (no power) so I figured I'd park it my garage and let it cool off and turn it on again, it didn't.

I went over to the battery and its full of corrosive but I noticed on the positive terminal there is a box thats called the fusible link. The fuse looks slightly blown its not 100% obvious but I think it is. After that I noticed theres a plug connector on the bottom of the fusible link that is melted. I pushed in the melted piece in to try to see if it was loose and there it was power is back on!!

Now follow up question, the fusible link has two connectors if you're facing the battery its the plug on the right, does anyone know the name of that harness and where does it connect to?

I found the fusible link for about 57 dollars at a local dealership and as low as 25 dollars online.

Ill post a picture later for those that don't know what I'm talking about.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:31 AM

Here's the picture guys. It's the plug on the right under the fusible link that's melted.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:33 AM
I went to the Nissan dealership and the guy told me it's an engine harness that runs between 500 to 1000 dollars... I wonder if I can find a g35 with the same options as mine and just cut the wire and have someone solder the wires for me.

Old 01-23-2017, 12:07 PM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
Dude, you need to figure out what caused that fuse to blow and melt the harness to begin with. Something is probably shorting out and cause it to draw a ton of current. I'd start looking into your starter/battery and you stated your battery is all corrosive, so I would imagine that had something to do with it also. You can probably replace the fusible link, get the same gauge wiring, solder it together, and then use heat shrink to protect it. The problem would be probably finding someone to do all that work for you though.

Last edited by coffeysm; 01-23-2017 at 12:13 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.