G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

what options do i have

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 12:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what options do i have

so i got the car with 107k miles now it has 128k still pulling strong no major issues but it has a ticking from the passenger side. So was looking into what options i have. Friends say buy another replacement engine in the area $1500-2000 w/ 120k mile+ engines so than i saw a jdm for $1500 w/ 60k mile and started looking into it.

But not really finding alot of info on JDM engines for our cars.

trying to look into options so i can get rid of the ticking it currently has, since are cars have a nice acceleration tone to it. It's hard to save being a single dad of 2 so i have to save up slowly but i like to at least know what figures i'm looking at to put money aside slowly.

Trying to get a $$ figure of how much to rebuild top end as well if anyone can help with that. Not really worried about labor as my friends and i will be doing all the work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 01-22-2017, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by G35Rican
so i got the car with 107k miles now it has 128k still pulling strong no major issues but it has a ticking from the passenger side. So was looking into what options i have. Friends say buy another replacement engine in the area $1500-2000 w/ 120k mile+ engines so than i saw a jdm for $1500 w/ 60k mile and started looking into it.

But not really finding alot of info on JDM engines for our cars.

trying to look into options so i can get rid of the ticking it currently has, since are cars have a nice acceleration tone to it. It's hard to save being a single dad of 2 so i have to save up slowly but i like to at least know what figures i'm looking at to put money aside slowly.

Trying to get a $$ figure of how much to rebuild top end as well if anyone can help with that. Not really worried about labor as my friends and i will be doing all the work.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Don't put any serious $$$$ into a fourteen year old vehicle.
Check your oil weekly
Start saving for a replacement vehicle that easily accepts multiple infant or toddler car seats
Carry a screwdriver with you at all times so when it finally dies you can remove your plates and walk away.

Telcoman

Old 01-22-2017, 11:26 AM
Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts
If it's just ticking id follow telco' s advice. Keep topped off on oil N drive it, when it goes but another. It's the cheaper alternative

Old 01-26-2017, 08:14 AM
Plan on making this daddys car so looking into options into getting it running good, not that its not running good with the ticking, its just annoying as hell hearing it. So if anyone would like to help its greatly appreciated.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Plan on making this daddys car so looking into options into getting it running good, not that its not running good with the ticking, its just annoying as hell hearing it. So if anyone would like to help its greatly appreciated.
Make the music louder
No more ticking
Check oil weekly when engine is cold

Telcoman

Old 01-26-2017, 02:12 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
So if anyone would like to help its greatly appreciated.
Not sure what more help you're looking for, you've been given great advice so far. You need to ask yourself if it's worth almost $2000 or more to buy/install a used motor that might have, or end up having, the same issue on a car that's probably not worth more than $5-6000.

There is no cheap,magic answer to your problem, sorry.

Old 01-27-2017, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Not sure what more help you're looking for, you've been given great advice so far. You need to ask yourself if it's worth almost $2000 or more to buy/install a used motor that might have, or end up having, the same issue on a car that's probably not worth more than $5-6000.

There is no cheap,magic answer to your problem, sorry.
Not really sure why everyone keeps jumping to conclusions, cause if i wanted to get rid of it my topic would have been options to replace the G. Just trying to get info on what other people have done.

Like rebuilding the top-end and cost of parts, etc??

Old 01-28-2017, 09:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you like it, it's worth dumping the money into it. Mine is an 04 and I'm about to put at least 3k into it to make it "mine". As for the $ guesstimate...wish i could help you there. Good luck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.