G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Limp Mode HELPPPP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2017, 10:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Limp Mode HELPPPP

so i got these codes

i changed the cam sensors and the codes for it disappeared. still the same problem.

is it because my stupid friend cleaned the engine with tons of water? if yes what should i replace? maf? help me! limp mode is driving me crazy and putting me in really bad situations in traffic,,sometimes it wont even be able to drive! rpms below 1k! even when revving.

also i have an aem intake if that helps for something. im sure it got wet too.
and btw does the knock sensor has anything to do with it? thanks.

04 6mt g35 coupe.

Attached Thumbnails Limp Mode HELPPPP-img_5281.jpg  
Old 01-25-2017, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Who cleans or pours water on an engine with so many sensors and electrical components?
Why would you want to clean it?

With friends like that who needs enemies?

Take it to an Infiniti dealer and have your friend pay the bill

Telcoman

Old 01-25-2017, 02:15 PM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
I would say the water definitely had something to do with it. I'd also buy some MAF or electrical cleaner spray and hit the inside and terminals of the connectors to clean them up from the water.

The 78/84 are the exhaust VVT, so I would look at that code next.

Unplug the VVT solenoid connectors they are Blue and another color I believe on the MT in the front.

Check for power to the connectors.
Turn the ignition on
Check terminals 4 and ground on bank 1. Should see battery voltage
Check terminals 1 and ground on bank 1. Should see battery voltage

The other checks deal with the wiring, but I would next test the sensors:

Bank 1 - Check for resistance/continuity between terminals 3-4
Bank 2 - Check for resistance/continuity between terminals 1-2
Should see between 9-11 OHMs

You have to do an exhaust relearn and I think only the dealer can do that, but I'm not sure. I have an AT and my car doesn't have those solenoids.

550 is a power steering sensor

It's under the car and on the high side hose I think. Take the connector off, turn the ignition on, and test terminal 1 and ground it should read about 5V.

To test the connector plug everything back up and back probe terminal 12 in the ECM with a body ground. Without the steering wheel turned it should be .4 - .5V. Turn the steering wheel and it should be .5-4.5V and you can probably do this test first if you don't want to get under the car.

327 Knock sensor

It's under the intake manifold.

Disconnect knock sensor check ECM terminal 15 and knock sensor harness terminal 1 for continuity.
Check knock sensor harness terminal 2 and ground for continuity
Check knock sensor terminal 1 and ground for resistance should be around 532k - 588k OHMs

I imagine any of these could possibly cause a limp code. I'd test all the sensors first before just replacing them.

The following 2 users liked this post by coffeysm:
Avarian (01-25-2017), Blue Dream (02-01-2017)
Old 01-25-2017, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by coffeysm
I would say the water definitely had something to do with it. I'd also buy some MAF or electrical cleaner spray and hit the inside and terminals of the connectors to clean them up from the water.

The 78/84 are the exhaust VVT, so I would look at that code next.

Unplug the VVT solenoid connectors they are Blue and another color I believe on the MT in the front.

Check for power to the connectors.
Turn the ignition on
Check terminals 4 and ground on bank 1. Should see battery voltage
Check terminals 1 and ground on bank 1. Should see battery voltage

The other checks deal with the wiring, but I would next test the sensors:

Bank 1 - Check for resistance/continuity between terminals 3-4
Bank 2 - Check for resistance/continuity between terminals 1-2
Should see between 9-11 OHMs

You have to do an exhaust relearn and I think only the dealer can do that, but I'm not sure. I have an AT and my car doesn't have those solenoids.

550 is a power steering sensor

It's under the car and on the high side hose I think. Take the connector off, turn the ignition on, and test terminal 1 and ground it should read about 5V.

To test the connector plug everything back up and back probe terminal 12 in the ECM with a body ground. Without the steering wheel turned it should be .4 - .5V. Turn the steering wheel and it should be .5-4.5V and you can probably do this test first if you don't want to get under the car.

327 Knock sensor

It's under the intake manifold.

Disconnect knock sensor check ECM terminal 15 and knock sensor harness terminal 1 for continuity.
Check knock sensor harness terminal 2 and ground for continuity
Check knock sensor terminal 1 and ground for resistance should be around 532k - 588k OHMs

I imagine any of these could possibly cause a limp code. I'd test all the sensors first before just replacing them.
thank you so much man! i really appreciate it! gonna start doing everything tomorrow. what do you suspect for being the main reason that's causing limp mode?

Old 01-31-2017, 10:54 PM
Received 167 Likes on 147 Posts
Couldn't tell you cars are so finicky nowadays with sensors it could be one or all of them. Some cars refuse to even start if the coolant temperature sensor doesn't work.

Old 02-01-2017, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by coffeysm
Couldn't tell you cars are so finicky nowadays with sensors it could be one or all of them. Some cars refuse to even start if the coolant temperature sensor doesn't work.
i cleaned the maf and replaced the intake filter...seems to have fixed the problem...i'll update on what happens. because i still feel there is a loss of power but idk why.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.