G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Camshaft sensors and crankshaft sensor question need help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 10:16 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Camshaft sensors and crankshaft sensor question need help?

I have a 2005 g35 coupe 6 speed manual I was curious I have seen many say and seen the the passenger side camshaft sensor is a straight one and the drivers side camshaft sensor is angled. I had the vdc slip and ses light come on I went to buy parts and they gave me straight and angled one but the description of parts were crankshaft and other was camshaft. My first question is isn't the crankshaft under the car? My next question is when I went to replace the two top sensors they were both straight ones neither was angled. So since the angled one didn't fit on drivers side I bought another one like I installed on passenger side and clip attached and bolted in, (note) what I took out they were both straight clipped sensors. I had car for 3 years with no problems then my car sat for 3 months saving up for replacement suspension system then I just got in and started driving. Not sure if I was supposed to do something after sitting so long. I did not do an oil change or anything I did make sure I started car every 4 days or so battery would not die plus to just have parts rotating in engine. Then I drove car for about a good week and all was good and randomly when I was coming to a stop these lights came on and car stalled. I pulled over and sat for a couple mins and it started up but with those lights on and I drove it home. After parking for a couple hours when I came back to start car it was just the ses light on and slip vdc went out. I just want to be clear on parts

My crankshaft part i bought by discription is angled and my assumption is that is under the car so I'm unsure why both up top were straight sensors and the angled is what I have left over can someone explain why this is. When I tried to us the angled one it did not allow the clip to go on it so I'm curious if my crank sensor is angled. I'm just going off everyone's post pics and videos about it unless 2005 was different.

Here is a pic of the two crankshaft sensors that pep boys sells why would they have two different ones if the crank below the car is supposed to be straight not angled

Old 02-26-2017, 02:00 PM
Had the same trouble when I was doing them on my car. The parts store were misleading. It should be one angled and one straight on top and the crankshaft sensor which is on the bottom is a straight one as well. Buy them from rock auto if you stilll need to. Save you some money

Old 02-26-2017, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by victor0206
Had the same trouble when I was doing them on my car. The parts store were misleading. It should be one angled and one straight on top and the crankshaft sensor which is on the bottom is a straight one as well. Buy them from rock auto if you stilll need to. Save you some money
Agreed ^ but local is good enough too!

Old 02-26-2017, 11:43 PM
thanks

Old 02-26-2017, 11:44 PM
thanks I appreciate it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.