G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 questions 2005

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 02:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 questions 2005

So can someone help me out here. I have a 2005 g35 and its been having temperature problems as of late. I have replaced the radiator and bleed out the air/coolant. Then the problem got worse and my temperature gauge has went all the way to H in a matter of seconds when i drive the car. I have replaced the thermostat with a new one and has slowed down the problem. I can drive for about 9 minutes and my temperature slowly climbs back up to H. My question is what do you guys think is the problem ? I have took more air out of the car when i replaced the thermostat but it still the problem is there. Can someone help or give me pointers thay doesnt involve taking it to the dealership and get it checked 😅

Old 03-01-2017, 03:46 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Can you backfill us on how or when these problems first started?

Did you do some maintenance and then it happened or did it just crop up out of the blue?

Does it still overheat if you are at highway speeds? Do your electric radiator cooling fans work?

Old 03-01-2017, 03:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by partyman66
Can you backfill us on how or when these problems first started?

Did you do some maintenance and then it happened or did it just crop up out of the blue?

Does it still overheat if you are at highway speeds? Do your electric radiator cooling fans work?
my fans do work which is a good sign. I have bought this car from an auction which i thought it just had cosmetic damage because the crash was from the back. As soon as i drive the car it burps coolant and we checked to see whats wrong and see that tje radiator cap was ripped and the radiator itself had holes everywhere. So i bought a new one and had a mechanic install it. it overheats when i put it in drive and drive for about 10 minutes. Times it three times and its roughly 10-12 minutes. Each time giving it 4 hours in between to cool down

Old 03-01-2017, 07:03 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by TridactylZero
my fans do work which is a good sign. I have bought this car from an auction which i thought it just had cosmetic damage because the crash was from the back. As soon as i drive the car it burps coolant and we checked to see whats wrong and see that tje radiator cap was ripped and the radiator itself had holes everywhere. So i bought a new one and had a mechanic install it. it overheats when i put it in drive and drive for about 10 minutes. Times it three times and its roughly 10-12 minutes. Each time giving it 4 hours in between to cool down
Is coolant flowing through the block from and to the radiator? You should be able to tell this by feeling the upper and lower hoses as the car heats up and noting the temperature difference.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.