G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

06 white r35 build thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 white r35 build thread

Hello guys, this is my first post. Well I've always wanted a g35. I finally bought one cash and wrecked it two days later. The steering shaft wasn't on the splined shaft and the knuckle was hitting the cheap ebay headers. Steering locked up on a slick wet road and I went thru two fences, five fence posts, two pine trees, and a gate. One thing led to the next and it turned into a pretty in depth project. He had spray painted the engine and bay gold and it was horrible. I pulled the engine and found broken mounts. I replaced them and replaced the transmission mount with a solid poly/billet one. Swapped out the cheap headers for some ceramic black ones. Painted the engine white and all of the accessories black and painted the bay white and cleaned everything. I painted the fender Wells flat black and I'm painting all of the suspension pieces white. I have to replace the spindle on the passenger side due to a crack. I replaced both lower control arms. I got some michelin alpina 285/40/19s for the back. I'm gonna run 19x11s rear w/+25 offset. I got new hub assemblies, a new radiator, new fans, new radiator support, and I had to rethread the exhaust stud holes. The guy had stripped all of them. I had to get new studs and nuts. I'm ordering headlights and body pieces next after I get the last run of suspension parts dropped off. I need the car on the road asap so I'm not doing the coilovers yet even though I have a bent strut. It's at the bottom and It's not bad so I'm gonna run it til I get everything else right. I will be running them eventually though at around a 2/2.5 drop. I also have test pipes and I'm planning on a true dual setup soon. The headers are still rubbing the steering but not the way it was before. I think the y pipe is just making it rub the side. The old style headers sit on top of the shaft. I'm also going to replace the calipers when I get it back on the road. I'll be running the r35 bumpers and I hit the rear fender flare so I'll probably run wide body fender extensions. I need side skirts and the a pillar plastics. I'm coming along pretty steady. I have a carport converted to a bar and I'm about to convert it into an awesome conditioned garage about the same time I get these suspension parts on so I can pull it inside and begin on the body in a better atmosphere. I have several small issues I've ran into and several future plans I haven't discussed yet. I've been taking pictures along the way and I'll be posting them as soon as I upload them. What the best image host theses days? I haven't been in forums in a while lol thanks for looking and any advice or comments

Old 03-12-2017, 04:41 PM
Received 334 Likes on 286 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
Upload the pics using the forum photo upload tools. That way they won't go away, they'll be hosted on the forum servers. You'll see a lot of old threads with broken photo links. Kind of ruins the thread. Don't be that person LOL.

Old 03-12-2017, 06:38 PM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
R35 you say?

Old 03-12-2017, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
If no VR38DETT, then DO NOT put those god awful bumpers on your car.

Old 03-13-2017, 12:45 AM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
thread title so misleading

Old 03-13-2017, 08:10 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Sorry OP but white engine/black accessories=fail. It's a car not Orca for God's sake..........

+1,000,000 on no GTR fenders, if you go that route make sure you get the GTR front that fits the G for added nastiness.

Old 03-13-2017, 11:00 AM
Wow... Well I've built bagged rangers, a 78 Ford on 40s, a 90 notch foxbody, and an e46 on their respective groups and this is the first time I've had a group be so disrespectful on someone's first post. No one wants to give advice or back their opinions with facts or even give their opinions respectfully. I plan on running fi eventually and building another bottom end. The stock bumpers don't flow much air and they look like an electric shaver. I like the stillen front bumper but they're overpriced. The gtr style bumpers are very open and I like the way they look. I've always liked audi and Evo frontends. Also I own the same car you do, I paid for it and if all you can negatively say is your personal opinion on cosmetics and want to be such *******s about it then I don't really have anything else to say and want ever post another thing on this close minded ****ing group. I'm Rebuilding this entire car from the ground up and I thought I could benefit the group with pictures of the process. I'll save myself the trouble. And as far as the black and white, the car was already painted. I had to do something about it and I've always wanted to do a white engine. It's 80% for looks but also it's to show leaks in the future and everyone that has seen it like it and I love it so I really don't care how you feel. I would post a picture but...

​​​

Old 03-13-2017, 11:03 AM
**** this group. I'm out. I'll remove myself
​​​​​​​

Old 03-13-2017, 11:08 AM
Old 03-13-2017, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by Spaz337
hey bro there are always going to be haters... let them be and keep doing u...

Old 03-13-2017, 12:16 PM
You got a hell of an eye! Now what hose is it and why is it there? Hmmm... Obviously you're not a g35 expert. I know every hose on this car and none look like that. It's a wiring harness that was already covered in overspray. I retaped all of the wiring. The engine is complete and running at the moment. I just didn't take a picture at this stage yet. This is as soon as I dropped the engine. I would start picking your car apart but I'm not gonna waste my time

Old 03-13-2017, 12:28 PM
I would expect this kind of attitude from a Facebook group but all the other forums I've been in were more of a brotherhood. Rps, fsb, e46 fanatics, corral, moddedmustangs, stangnet... Guess it's just the class of people... Now I see why people talk so much **** about infiniti drivers lol

Old 03-13-2017, 12:42 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Wow... Well I've built bagged rangers, a 78 Ford on 40s, a 90 notch foxbody, and an e46 on their respective groups and this is the first time I've had a group be so disrespectful on someone's first post. No one wants to give advice or back their opinions with facts or even give their opinions respectfully................. Also I own the same car you do, I paid for it and if all you can negatively say is your personal opinion on cosmetics and want to be such *******s about it then I don't really have anything else to say and want ever post another thing on this close minded ****ing group.
You realize you just damaged your credibility by saying ^^^ that then posting this

...........everyone that has seen it like it and I love it so I really don't care how you feel. ​​​

Obviously you do because you gut butthurt by the comments.

I would post a picture but...
And then you did, credibility slipping by the minute.........................

​​​​​​​
Say what? You followed this comment with the picture below and are still logged on as I type this.

Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
did you just straight rattle can everything? the hose up near the windshield has serious overspray all over it.
It seems so but I digress.

Spaz look, a lot of us are blunt and direct but our comments aren't intended to be disrespectful. Opinions are just that so I take any comments directed at me with a grain of salt and if there's truth to any of them I look them over and think about why they affect me. We do respect people who keep true to themselves and can stand up for what they believe in whether it's "popular" or not and also people who keep their word and do what they say. That's why I pointed out where you didn't because that doesn't help build any credibility with us. You come across as just another new member who cries when they don't get treated the way they want. I for one would hate to see you run off because this forum is the premiere database for all things G on the internet and a great place to learn about your car with helpful advice from some very knowledgeable people who are passionate about our cars. You seem to be passionate and knowledgeable as well so I hope you'll stick around and become an active part of our little family here even though at times it can be dysfunctional........

Old 03-13-2017, 01:16 PM
So you tempt me by pointing out that I haven't left yet and push me to then say you don't want me to leave and you want to talk about inconsistencies? I am running errands in town. I'm not butthurt. I just say what's on my mind. Maybe bc my other vehicles followed the norm a bit more? I don't do things to make other people happy and I will always sacrifice form for function. I would love for someone to tell me a legit reason not the run the r35 bumpers like they don't line up or something but if it's just cosmetics I don't care. I was told not to post pictures. I have hundreds of pictures of the work I've done to this car. There isn't a bolt passed the doors I haven't touched. Every single piece has been removed, inspected, and either cleaned and painted or replaced with new. I posted one picture bc it looks good. You may not admit it but you know it does. *** for everything else... I've been lurking a while. I thought it would be nice to share my progress. In other groups in the past we would kick around ideas and experiences with one another and give opinions but we would never say well that's ****ing stupid don't even post it bc we don't care to see it. I guess being pissed off by that makes me a typical noob? Maybe I'm just a person that doesn't appreciate disrespect. In person you wouldn't talk to me like that so I won't put up with it here. I'm not gonna argue. I'll just leave. I'm not going to leave when you tell me or bc you tell me and I don't care what you think about my inconsistencies. I can read a schematic, service manual, and Google. I don't have to ask anything. I thought it would be nice to but I really don't care. I've got some sushi to finish. You guys have a nice day

Old 03-13-2017, 02:05 PM
Received 115 Likes on 98 Posts
Ive learned this about forums and online social sites.

Its just screen names lol. Just ignore them and post what you like. I can't personally get upset by people I don't even know lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.