G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

New G35 coupe owner - with questions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New G35 coupe owner - with questions...

New to the Infiniti family, bought a 2005 G35 about two days ago. Left my mk5 stage 2 gti. Missing her some...

Here she is,

So I do have a couple of questions:

1. This Nismo front bumper doesn't fit well apparently with my fenders.. what is the best method for fixing this. More a mechanical guy not a body fixing guy.

2. Also the yellow light on my headlights, guessing the DRL and turn signal? The right hand side headlight DRL wont come on unless i turn my blinker on. How do I fix this?

3. Also let me know if you have a full OEM or aftermarket exhaust that isnt that loud or what is a good full exhaust system that's not costly. The guy who owned this car before me took off his borla catback and made it straight pipe I think....

4. Also the g35 is running a z tube and something else with a filter at the end. it makes an odd noise when you left off the throttle. Normal?

Sorry for all the questions trying to bring this g35 back to its normal glory, it stead of being riced out.

Old 03-23-2017, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by P_Layton
New to the Infiniti family, bought a 2005 G35 about two days ago. Left my mk5 stage 2 gti. Missing her some...

Here she is,

So I do have a couple of questions:

1. This Nismo front bumper doesn't fit well apparently with my fenders.. what is the best method for fixing this. More a mechanical guy not a body fixing guy.

2. Also the yellow light on my headlights, guessing the DRL and turn signal? The right hand side headlight DRL wont come on unless i turn my blinker on. How do I fix this?

3. Also let me know if you have a full OEM or aftermarket exhaust that isnt that loud or what is a good full exhaust system that's not costly. The guy who owned this car before me took off his borla catback and made it straight pipe I think....

4. Also the g35 is running a z tube and something else with a filter at the end. it makes an odd noise when you left off the throttle. Normal?

Sorry for all the questions trying to bring this g35 back to its normal glory, it stead of being riced out.
1. Body shop
2. It's a bulb, one of the filaments is out. I think the previous owner downgraded your headlights to afford some mods because there should be factory projectors in there :/.
3. Find OEM on CL/Locally, as there is tons of guys swapping out their quality OE exhaust for aftermarket crap.
4. Picture... and it might just be intake howl.
5. You are supposed to have side markers on the front bumper, and yours doesn't even look like it had holes drilled... figure that one out.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
1. Body shop
2. It's a bulb, one of the filaments is out. I think the previous owner downgraded your headlights to afford some mods because there should be factory projectors in there :/.
3. Find OEM on CL/Locally, as there is tons of guys swapping out their quality OE exhaust for aftermarket crap.
4. Picture... and it might just be intake howl.
5. You are supposed to have side markers on the front bumper, and yours doesn't even look like it had holes drilled... figure that one out.
I was hopping there was DIY tips for this bumper to fix myself.
I just ordered all new bulbs, I pulled out an HID bulb, I think its still the same OEM lamp.
The down pipe is invidia but the rest is just straight pipe with a g37 mufflers...

Here is the intake.

I have the side markers just need holes drilled in. Guess the body shop.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:11 AM
Also to add on this car. I had a check engine light and received 4 codes but only ones I'm worried about is system random misfire - P300 and system bank 1 lean, P0171.

the other codes are dealing with the exhaust because it doesn't have cats.

Put it on the lift, found a tiny exhaust leak near the muffler and found a tiny bit of air coming out here:

Then today the check engine light was off...

Old 03-23-2017, 07:33 PM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
I've got the stock exhaust for you. Nearly brand new!

Old 03-24-2017, 10:33 AM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Layton, "Welcome to the G35 Driver Forums!"

Originally Posted by P_Layton
New to the Infiniti family

1. This Nismo front bumper doesn't fit well apparently with my fenders.. what is the best method for fixing this. More a mechanical guy not a body fixing guy. There are small adjustments that can be made between there the bumper and fenders come together!

Best advice for those headlights, upgrade to '06 projectors...keep watching our Marketplace for a member selling a set!

3. Also let me know if you have a full OEM or aftermarket exhaust that isnt that loud or what is a good full exhaust system that's not costly. The guy who owned this car before me took off his borla catback and made it straight pipe I think.... Selecting a exhaust system is something you need to do yourself, most of us aren't into quiet! Considering a different exhaust system attend a few meets so you can hear them in person, nothing beats being there!

4. Also the g35 is running a z tube and something else with a filter at the end. it makes an odd noise when you left off the throttle. Normal? Previous owner couldn't have cared how is G ran, filter is dirty as hell like the rest of the motor...clean it! Just never use water, all those sensors are expensive1

We don't mind questions as a rule, however you need to read all the stickys at the top of the coupe page. Questions, use our Search!
Gary

Old 03-24-2017, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by gary c
We don't mind questions as a rule, however you need to read all the stickys at the top of the coupe page. Questions, use our Search!
Gary
Thanks Gary,

Going to a body shop soon, I was quoted maybe 150 to realign it.

I would get the headlights but I honestly want to sell this G35 and get a virgin G35. This G35 has good modifications, just a lot of things I'm being picky about.
I got the G for a great price. Just trying to bring it close to OEM and sell her.

Old 03-24-2017, 12:42 PM
Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Yes, the JWT pop charger will make a hissing/whistling noise at various times. If that's what you are hearing, that is normal.

Old 03-24-2017, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by JZ39
Yes, the JWT pop charger will make a hissing/whistling noise at various times. If that's what you are hearing, that is normal.
Yep that's the sound, Just need to clean the filter now. Good to know, thought it was something else.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.