G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Got rear ended. Should I get attorney or not?

Old 08-23-2005, 06:05 PM
gtr proto test driver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its better if you go to the doctor and get yourself and girlfriend checked out, could just be like bruising or something. But after that yes get a lawyer. I got my coupe rear ended and also started feeling lower back pains about a day or two later. Long story short all my medical bills where covered as well as body work for my coupe

Old 08-23-2005, 07:52 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I trust that you and your girlfriend are both doing well.

Old 08-23-2005, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by TimW
yeah, a chiropractor snapped my neck once, 10 mins later on the way back to work, I was vomitting uncontrollably (is there another kind?) and couldnt walk in a straight line. Nearly wrecked my car and had to have someone from work come out to the parking lot and drive me back to the office. He snapped the other way and it all went away in about 5 mins :O Freaked me out, never went back. Probably what freaked me out even more is he knew exactly what was going on and seemed as worried as I was. I didnt ask, just happy he didnt paralize me.

Go have a doctor look at it and get a little PT if the pain persists.
I don't trust Chiropractors.. ...for that reason...they 'snap' and 'twist' as they please....

Old 08-23-2005, 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by GsUpHoesDown
Got rear ended friday night. We were at a red light and guy in a Jeep Cherokee slammed into us. I don't think he hit the brakes at all because I didn't hear anything before the impact. Anyway, we exchanged information, and he admitted fault. Police came, and I asked for a statement, but he said I didn't need anything, just exchange info and call insurance. Now my neck is all messed up and my girlfriend's back hurts, so obviously, we want to visit the chiro. Do you guys suggest I get an attorney to handle this? I hear its a pain to deal with insurance adjusters yourself, but then you're giving like 40-50% of the settlement to the attorney. Luckily, I didn't take the coupe out that night. It may have gotten demolished. Her 5-series handled it quite well, although I'm sure repairs are going to get costly. I'm just happy it wasn't a lot worse.
Good news: No life threatening injuries occured/sustained
Here's my advice/opinion: 1) You should have requested for the police to do an accident report (property damaged has to exceed $500+ in TX) Under $500 they will give you a blue form also used during parking lot accidents.
Never admit to fault or blame. Exchange information. Go to an MD rather than a DC. If the case doesn't go to trial (unlikely), then you are looking at receiving 1/3 of the settlement while your attorney gets the other 1/3 along with the remaining 1/3 to the doctor. Get three separate estimates for your vehicle. Don't depend on the adjuster estimates. Always insist on OEM parts. Never accept or sign any settlement from the insuarnce companies, even though it might be tempting. I hope you have uninsured motorist coverage in case the other party doesn't have coverage or repairing the car cost exceeded his coverage amount. If this happens, your insurance will take care of you and will subrogate with the other party's insurance later. Keep a good record of all of your bills/expenses. If you have an attorney (recommended), he/she will likely settled the property damage section first then the BI later. If you have PIP coverage ($2500, $5000 or $10K), then you should be able to get that money up front first after you've submitted your med bills to them (your insurance co.)
This is getting too long.... Well I hope this helps. Lastly, your attorney will usually asked for 3X the total med bills from the other party's insurance company as part of the settlement.