G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Huper Optik install in SF bay area - discount info

Old 07-17-2003, 02:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Huper Optik install in SF bay area - discount info

After trying for almost two months for a Huper Optik tint installer in SF bay area (emails, phone calls to Huper Optik corporate and regional distributor), I have finally found the installer I would be getting my coupe tinted from. The other installer puts vinyl over the dot matrix area which, some members here suggested, looks cheap. Some people here have got their cars tinted by him using a different film.

http://forums.freshalloy.com/ubbthre...b=5&o=&fpart=1

The shop's name is Auto Mall Tint Factory and is in Fremont (also has shop in San Leandro called California Sunscreen but that one does not do Huper Optik). The guys name is Sidney and can be reached at (510) 659-8468. He normally charges $425 for a 2 door car, $495 for a 4 door car, $550 for an SUV for Huper Optik Ceramic film but is discounting the price for members here. He will be doing G35 coupes for $360 ( + $30 for custom file job on the front windows for that factory finish look, instead of regular + $40). For only the rear 3 windows it is $240. Here is some more info from his email.

A little history about me. I have been tinting for over 15 years now and still take pride in what I do. I am very excited to carry this new and high tech film. I usually tint every vehicle with a set standard. All back windows will be tinted with one full sheet of film with no cuts and no seams. All roll up windows will be tinted below the door trims and inside the side trims and within 1/16" from the top. Custom file jobs are available at $20 extra per rollup window. We always try to do the best we can do but as you know, glass is not perfect and sometimes there are imperfections which will show up after applying the film. The rear window cannot be scraped with a razor blade to remove any imperfections because of the defrost lines. We are not working in a dust free environment but we try to acheive that buy rinsing each car that comes into our shop. We remove door panels to ensure the tint goes below the door trims and eliminate any possiblities of film catching and creasing. When we apply the film, we spray the area down with a mist of water to control some of the free floating particular matter in the air. Again, we are not perfect but we strive to be the best and that is why we have been so successful through the years. We stand behind each and every car that we tint and am very customer oriented. We will be more than happy to give you a ride within the area when you drop off your car to us. Most cars will take about 3-4 hours to do but if I have a helper, I can probably do about 3 cars a day without rushing. If there are any other questions that you may have, please don't hesitate to ask. I know you have done all your research regarding window film and that is why you chose Huper Optik for your new car.

When I talked with him yesterday, he already had two G35 coupes lined up for Huper Optik and I will be getting mine done next weekend (this weekend is the G35 meet).

Please PM me if you have questions about the discount info.

Old 07-17-2003, 02:53 PM
Re: Huper Optik install in SF bay area - discount info

Accuview,

Thanks for your post and work you did for the tint information. I am in the process of finding a tinter in my area, Walnut Creek Area but would like someone who has had experience in G35's. Hopefully I will be attending the meet as well. I'd like to ask you more questions about the tinting. What car should I look for?

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by newbie35 on 07/17/03 12:03 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 07-17-2003, 04:16 PM
gsg
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Huper Optik install in SF bay area - discount info

I have put the Huper Optic on my coupe and am extremely happy with it - particularly the heat reduction. I am in the L.A. area and the cost was about the same as you have mentioned. It is about twice the cost of other tints.
The install looks like it came from the factory with it - no problem with the dots on the back window either (I can't imagine putting a vinyl strip on it like some have mentioned?)

Old 07-18-2003, 10:42 AM
Re: Huper Optik install in SF bay area - discount

> What car should I look for?

I have a CB with no spoilers. See you at the meet!