G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Extended Warranty Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 04:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Extended Warranty Question

Ive searched and searched and havent found anything specific in what im askin. The threads I found about the Extended Warranty were about where to get a good price for one or if the price they found was good enough.

Anyway I already have the extended warranty. As you all know the bose 6cd changer sucks. Well mines been down and had the CD ERROR FO message for about 3 months since i havent had the time to take it in.

I bought my car from O'neill Honda and Nissan here in kansas city. I called today to set up an appointment, the receptionist asked which shop would i like, Honda or Nissan. I told her Nissan since its the same company as Infiniti just different division. I got the shop guy and he asked what the problem was and i told him the CD player wont funtion and I got the CD Error Found message on my radio. He asked what kind of car and i told him infiniti, he said he didnt know about infinitis. Then I ask him, If i bought the car from you all and got the extended warranty from you all and you dont know anything about infinitis then how am i supposed to get it fixed? He said he can take it to the Infiniti dealership. I told him if thats the case I can just take it in to infiniti myself. He said there no reason for that, just bring it in to oneill honda and nissan and that he would take it personally to infiniti.

If I bought my extended warranty through oneil honda and nissan do i have to go exclusively to them? I was told by others that if I bought the extended warranty i would HAVE to go to them.

Could I just go straight to Infiniti and have them take care of it since the shop guy for oneil is going to do just that. Maybe he wants to take it in to get paid for the "servicing" of the vehicle to Infiniti?

I think I should just go to infiniti and they can check the warranty by lookin up my last name or my vin number. Will they just bill the warranty provider?

any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Most of the extended warranties on the market will let you take your car wherever you like.

Old 03-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks ttrank.