G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

DIY Video Series

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kailep
Thanks for all the vids.
I just replaced my cabin filter w/ non-Nissan brand. It has an airflow direction arrow. On the OEM one, it doesn't have one.
Probably a dumb question but is the airflow going from top to bottom (blower)?
Coincidentally, I just replaced my cabin filter with a Wix filter. Neither had directional arrows, but I remember seeing that the bottom of the filter was the dirty side--meaning the airflow went from bottom to top. Let's see what others say, though; my memory could be playing tricks on me.

Old 07-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by heftylefty58
Coincidentally, I just replaced my cabin filter with a Wix filter. Neither had directional arrows, but I remember seeing that the bottom of the filter was the dirty side--meaning the airflow went from bottom to top. Let's see what others say, though; my memory could be playing tricks on me.
Just did some research. The air flow is travelling from top to the blower. So the blower is actually drawing ambient air from the wiper area.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:50 AM
Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by kailep
Thanks for all the vids.
I just replaced my cabin filter w/ non-Nissan brand. It has an airflow direction arrow. On the OEM one, it doesn't have one.
Probably a dumb question but is the airflow going from top to bottom (blower)?
My guess is that the airflow would be going from bottom to top, but that's just my guess; too lazy to check the FSM at the moment.

Old 07-06-2008, 12:50 AM
Originally Posted by bythabay
My guess is that the airflow would be going from bottom to top, but that's just my guess; too lazy to check the FSM at the moment.
Actually, now that I think about it, when you remove the old air filter, I think all the debris is on top of the filter, which would indicate the airflow is from top to bottom.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:11 AM
Actually, now that I think about it, when you remove the old air filter, I think all the debris is on top of the filter, which would indicate the airflow is from top to bottom.
Yup, I also did some googling, and found several posts that confirmed the debris collected on top. The manual also suggests that the flow is from top to bottom.

Old 07-16-2008, 12:23 AM
Old 07-16-2008, 01:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hooray!

Old 07-17-2008, 03:26 AM
sweet, just watched the coolant video, very easy to understand and i think i'm capable of doing it myself. But, i liked the vids better when you were talking and instructing what to do. felt like someone was actually teaching me, i guess thats how i learn. this works too though.

Old 07-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by Infinite_636
sweet, just watched the coolant video, very easy to understand and i think i'm capable of doing it myself. But, i liked the vids better when you were talking and instructing what to do. felt like someone was actually teaching me, i guess thats how i learn. this works too though.
I was filming it alone, nobody to talk to

Old 07-17-2008, 12:55 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
bythabay, I'm amazed at the wealth of Infiniti know-how you display every time I see a DIY vid uploaded. Without these DIY vids, I wouldn't be able to figure out how to do filter changes, belts, install plenum spacer, etc. I know I can't speak for everyone here on this forum, but I think it's safe to say we all fully appreciate the contributions you have given on Driver (and much more)

Just curious (and not to stray too off-topic), but how do you know so much about fixing up and maintaining our cars? You used to be a master Nissan/Infiniti service tech, or did you learn by yourself and pick up from there?

Old 07-17-2008, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by lexusk8
bythabay, I'm amazed at the wealth of Infiniti know-how you display every time I see a DIY vid uploaded. Without these DIY vids, I wouldn't be able to figure out how to do filter changes, belts, install plenum spacer, etc. I know I can't speak for everyone here on this forum, but I think it's safe to say we all fully appreciate the contributions you have given on Driver (and much more)

Just curious (and not to stray too off-topic), but how do you know so much about fixing up and maintaining our cars? You used to be a master Nissan/Infiniti service tech, or did you learn by yourself and pick up from there?
Lots of reading, research, and question asking; been doing it for a long time. Being patient and detail oriented is a huge part of it.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:17 PM
thank you for all the tips bro will save me alot mula.

Old 07-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Quick questions...I'm about to perform a rear break job on my coupe. How did you end up taking the rotor off? How many clicks up did you go? When placing the rotor back I noticed you backed off the clicks does it matter quite a bit? Thanks for the advice and thanks for the vids!

Old 07-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Infinite1
Quick questions...I'm about to perform a rear break job on my coupe. How did you end up taking the rotor off? How many clicks up did you go? When placing the rotor back I noticed you backed off the clicks does it matter quite a bit? Thanks for the advice and thanks for the vids!
How did you end up taking the rotor off? How many clicks up did you go?
We took the rotor off by loosening the parking brake cable (I clicked it all the way to the end and only then did the rotor come off).

When placing the rotor back I noticed you backed off the clicks does it matter quite a bit?

When you put the rotor back on, click 'till you can feel the parking brake engaged, then back off about 5 clicks.

Old 07-17-2008, 11:21 PM
How did you end up taking the rotor off? How many clicks up did you go?
We took the rotor off by loosening the parking brake cable (I clicked it all the way to the end and only then did the rotor come off).

When placing the rotor back I noticed you backed off the clicks does it matter quite a bit?

When you put the rotor back on, click 'till you can feel the parking brake engaged, then back off about 5 clicks.
Awesome! Thanks again for advice! I was thinking it may be like the front rotors and you have to kinda bang at it with a rubber mallet for a bit. My passenger side fronts took me a minute by doing that talk about a PITA!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: DIY Video Series