G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

G35 Sedan Suspension Picture Compilation Thread

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Old 10-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have nice Axis circuit 18 inch light weight wheels on order. They may be here by the end of the week. I think the PIAA fogs are ok, but I guess it's a matter of opinion. Here in Massachusetts the fogs can be pretty functional. Your right though it's not the ideal bumper for them. After the wheels about the only thing that I've decided to do is some kind of tune, but have entirely figured that out yet.

Tilf

Old 10-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Received 981 Likes on 662 Posts
Axis circuit are sick wheels, what colour you get them in? What are the specs?

The fogs are functional, just not suitable. Our oem fogs inside the headlights are next to useless for foggy driving.

Btw, noticed you have the rear strut bar. You want to post some photos of that? how do you like it? where did you get it?

Old 10-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an 04 G35X sedan. Just got around to finish this thread and I saw a lot of interesting information. could someone elaborate why the you guys use "revised" z spring? would normal z springs work? Also, when you guys do a Z/couple setup, do you guys use original shocks ? I know I am beating on a dead horse with these questions, but I just joined so bear with me.

thank you

Old 10-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Revised springs are used because the revision made the spring rates better. You can use the old ones, but they a little less aggressive.

Most guys that don't have the sport package, you and me, will need to put in Z or sports package shocks and struts in. The OEM non sports don't have the kind of compression to handle a drop, you can install these springs on them(oem non sport shocks) but don't rely on them to last a long time.

Old 10-22-2009, 04:05 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
^^^ I had Eibach Pro (as low as OEM Z, actually lower I think) on OEM non-sport sedan struts... they held up fine (still good, but not on my car anymore).

In fact, Eibach Pro were designed on non-sport sedan.

Old 10-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DGS
Revised springs are used because the revision made the spring rates better. You can use the old ones, but they a little less aggressive.

Most guys that don't have the sport package, you and me, will need to put in Z or sports package shocks and struts in. The OEM non sports don't have the kind of compression to handle a drop, you can install these springs on them(oem non sport shocks) but don't rely on them to last a long time.
Originally Posted by OCG35
^^^ I had Eibach Pro (as low as OEM Z, actually lower I think) on OEM non-sport sedan struts... they held up fine (still good, but not on my car anymore).

In fact, Eibach Pro were designed on non-sport sedan.

I see. And the revised springs are sold as revised right? not something that some aftermarket mfg make changes to? I am just wondering if there are eibach and other aftermarket springs out there that do about the same things, why not go with them? What's the real benefit of having Z/couple setup? From my experience with other cars, replacing shocks is always a good thing with stiffer springs. so I think I'll go with new shocks.

Thanks for all the information!

Old 10-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by tkedch
I see. And the revised springs are sold as revised right? not something that some aftermarket mfg make changes to? I am just wondering if there are eibach and other aftermarket springs out there that do about the same things, why not go with them? What's the real benefit of having Z/couple setup? From my experience with other cars, replacing shocks is always a good thing with stiffer springs. so I think I'll go with new shocks.

Thanks for all the information!
no benefit with going coupe or Z springs at all other than price... people like to buy used z or coupe springs because they are cheap... you can by used Eibach for around $100-$150 (I sold a set for 100)... I dont know what coupe springs go for.

Where are you located I might have Eibach Sportline springs (kinda low maybe too low for what you are looking for) springs and low mileage tokico d-specs available soon (if you are local and interested).

Old 10-22-2009, 05:46 PM
I'm running my oem shocks and struts now with no problems but they are going to be swapped out soon.

Old 10-23-2009, 07:24 PM
New Photo of drop with new wheels

New Axis Circuit 18 inch 16.7lb wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 235 45 18
Pretty mild drop all around on BC Coilovers. Ordinarily not crazy about black wheels but I wanted a little different look and I thought these would look good with the red stripe and with my diamond graphite body color. The only cosmetic thing remaining I'd like to do is that I think it may be begging for a black grill, but I'm not sure about how to go about that.

Tilf

Attached Thumbnails G35 Sedan Suspension Picture Compilation Thread-dsc_0768.jpg   G35 Sedan Suspension Picture Compilation Thread-dsc_0769.jpg  
Old 10-23-2009, 07:27 PM
Paint it yourself, super easy!

Old 10-23-2009, 10:17 PM
Yep, I figured painting it is not a big deal, but I wonder how it is to get it out. I haven't really taken a look at it.

tilf

Old 10-24-2009, 01:54 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by manbart
New Axis Circuit 18 inch 16.7lb wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 235 45 18
Pretty mild drop all around on BC Coilovers. Ordinarily not crazy about black wheels but I wanted a little different look and I thought these would look good with the red stripe and with my diamond graphite body color. The only cosmetic thing remaining I'd like to do is that I think it may be begging for a black grill, but I'm not sure about how to go about that.

Tilf
Your car is looking good!! The wheels and BBK are pure sexxxx........

Old 10-24-2009, 03:02 PM
I found a good local shop who will "professionally" paint my grill black leaving the Mount Fuji Infiniti symbol chrome. He says he will do it right and charge just under $200. He also would if I want paint all the chrome around the doors and paint the door handles black, and debadge he rear. He says he will do it right and will guarantee it against flaking etc, but can't guarantee that there won't be some scratches at some point. However I think scratches in flat black could be easily be touched up The full "black job" would however add up and cost at least another $800 in addition to the $200 for the grill. I think it would look really good to have the car Diamond Graphite body color, and all the chrome black, and the wheels black with the red line. I'll have to give it some thought.

Tilf

Old 10-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
Here is a thread where you can view the different suspension setups available for the G sedan. if you would like to post pics of your car as an example, post them up and i'll add it to the list.

These rims or blinding!! Dayum! Nice!

Old 10-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by manbart
I found a good local shop who will "professionally" paint my grill black leaving the Mount Fuji Infiniti symbol chrome. He says he will do it right and charge just under $200. He also would if I want paint all the chrome around the doors and paint the door handles black, and debadge he rear. He says he will do it right and will guarantee it against flaking etc, but can't guarantee that there won't be some scratches at some point. However I think scratches in flat black could be easily be touched up The full "black job" would however add up and cost at least another $800 in addition to the $200 for the grill. I think it would look really good to have the car Diamond Graphite body color, and all the chrome black, and the wheels black with the red line. I'll have to give it some thought.

Tilf
I'd tell him to get bent.

That grille is a $50 job done right. What do you mean full black job is $800 what does that consist of?

This is obviously a body shop and not a custom shop...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Quick Reply: G35 Sedan Suspension Picture Compilation Thread