Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Nav not working

Old 01-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nav not working

03 sedan

My navigation isn't working. I started the car today...popped up the navi...and NOTHIN...just a black screen. I turned the car off and then restarted it...still nothing. It was working fine yesterday. There doesn't seem to be any power going to it or the dvd-rom. Is there a fuse for it? Any ideas???

Old 01-19-2010, 11:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did you check the DVD?

Old 01-19-2010, 05:12 PM
I tried to check the dvd but it won't eject. Is there a fuse for the navi? I tried turning the car on and off to see if it would reset but nothing happens.

Last edited by Odejc; 04-14-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
same issue here =(

Old 02-04-2011, 07:12 PM
disconnect your battery for bout 15mins plug it back then try to eject it

Old 02-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Mr.202?

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts
^ Yea it seems he has no power.

Ejecting the DVD will just say "No disc detected" or something like that. The Screen would still turn on.

Check for burned fuses!

Old 02-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Thanks, I will try that tomorrow...too much rain right now and its 34 degrees outside. I found another thread that showed which fuses affect GPS and Im gonna check those first before doing the 15 minute disconnect. Im wondering though, could it be a fuse if the unit occasionally works? Im guessing perhaps it could be a half-burnt out fuse that is still able to make enough contact to send power through on occasion. Hope I can get this figured out. between the cars gps broken and my samsung galaxy s gps broken, Im getting lost all over the place.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:45 AM
Here is the solution...I posted this up on other site but forgot to update this one....

After taking my dash apart and then the NAVI... I didn't find any loose plugs. But I did notice every time I tap and hit the back of the DVDROM...it would start working...so I wrote down some information off of it and GOOGLE'd it. And I found the EXACT problem that I am having. Not sure if its the same for any of you guys. So now after beatin the crap out of my Navi...it's been working since yesterday morning without any issues. But I do plan on finding someone TECH-savi who knows this stuff to perform this fix. READ LINK BELOW

http://www.nissanprimera.net/forum/f...TID=3912&TPN=1

The problem has been tracked down to a surface mount transistor loosing contact with the circuit board.
The transistor is between 3 coils. A white glue is applied to the coils and also comes into contact with the transistor.
Either by poor soldering or vibration from the coils, the transistor becomes loose.
This board is inside a metal case and is marked:
HAZ 0043
ZSZ1898
This board is soldered to another board marked:
Oop Xanavi Corp
JKZ 1012

IF ANYONE has someone thats able to do this...let a brotha know.

Last edited by Odejc; 02-07-2011 at 12:54 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:28 PM
Smile

Thanks Odejc!! Im gonna give it a go this weekend! I really appreciate your help.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:22 AM
Odejc,

Did you solve this? I realize this is old, but the link is dead. I am having the same problem.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:06 AM
Hoping someone may have found a fix for this. My nav turns on 1 out of 5 times. No clue why it is so inconsistent.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:19 PM
hmm....

My GPS in my 03 coupe also works when it wants to, which is basically never, BUT for some strange reason, whenever it is HOT outside, the gps works! any temp less than 78 degrees or so, and the gps wont function. So now im wondering if the surface mount transistor problem that was mentioned a few posts above is also what I am experiencing. I can picture it not being soldered right, or became loose, and then when its warm maybe it re-melts enough to make contact? I also notice that even though the display stays black, when I first turn the car on it does change slightly to a darker shade of black, which suggests to me that there may be a lack of communication from the dvd system to the display, but the display actually is functioning ok and does recognize when the car is on and power is going to it. I guess one of these days I need to pull it out and take a close look at whats going on inside. Im just not good with stuff like that though....sigh....I guess I should google how to remove the dvd nav system and get started at some point when I have some time off.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:58 PM
I'm in the same boat! The nav definitely works better when it is warm out. I am about to part ways with my beloved G, but I would like the nav to work for the next owner.

Old 07-23-2014, 05:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In case anyone still has this issue, the good folks in the UK have a nice step-by-step guide to fix it:

http://www.npoc.co.uk/Forum/topic32396.html

That site requires you to sign up, so I will host it temporarily (in semi broken html but good enough)
http://kskucha.github.io/g35_nav_fix/

I will try this out myself this week, will go the soldering route as pushing a transistor in with a screw does not sounds robust.

Old 07-25-2014, 08:56 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by drekin
In case anyone still has this issue, the good folks in the UK have a nice step-by-step guide to fix it:

http://www.npoc.co.uk/Forum/topic32396.html

That site requires you to sign up, so I will host it temporarily (in semi broken html but good enough)
http://kskucha.github.io/g35_nav_fix/

I will try this out myself this week, will go the soldering route as pushing a transistor in with a screw does not sounds robust.
Let us know if it works and keep the mirrored info available for a while, add your own pictures too. Add to the info pool.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nav not working